Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I think I'm done with this game, the evolution system kills it for me. There were like three monsters I wanted but even if my some miracle I got them, I'd still have to get a second one to be able to evolve it, on top of all the money/EXP grinding. At least in PAD, to fully evolve my stupidly hard to get monsters I only need one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Nuebot posted:

I think I'm done with this game, the evolution system kills it for me. There were like three monsters I wanted but even if my some miracle I got them, I'd still have to get a second one to be able to evolve it, on top of all the money/EXP grinding. At least in PAD, to fully evolve my stupidly hard to get monsters I only need one of them.

You don't have to evolve stuff. Leader skills seem way less important than in PAD and evolved monsters only have a minor stat bonus. Also pad is way worse for maxing out a monster, you need tamadra, skill up monsters and rare poo poo from special dungeons to evolve multiple times.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Two of the dudes I wanted were evolved forms, is the thing. Also skill ups are only important on a few monsters in PAD, I don't even worry about maxing my dudes in PAD.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Yeah I'm with you, for a number of reasons. I don't like the evo system - I'd rather have a system with dedicated evo mats (a la PAD and its clones) than this duplicates system. I have a couple SRs, but they're from different families, and I don't have leaders with + that bonus them. Tagichatn's post claims leader skills aren't important, but I'd disagree. I don't really think you can opposite-color-slog your way through for long.

There's also not a whole lot of variety or strategy to the gameplay - just make sure the deck is constantly full of coins and you can pretty much steamroll anything with a couple good leader skills.

Lastly, the evo system as it is means you have to pull to get dupes of some of these SR cards, but I'm having a hard time not using my rainbow coins to expand the extremely meager box size. The solution to a rainbow coin shortage is a) farm every single mission for all the gems (boring because of the lack of variety of gameplay) or b) IAP.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
It appears that the Dragon Road resets the bonuses every 12 hours so it's possible to get 2 U+ dragons per day now.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

There's a new Urgent Mission up. Light Type. Hero Chest monsters are adorable. :3: Those Chinese constellation critters, but as little blob creatures. Oh, summon prices are different too. Can't remember what just one was before, think that might be the same, but instead of 5 for 2000 coins it's 10 for 3000.

Largepotato posted:

It appears that the Dragon Road resets the bonuses every 12 hours so it's possible to get 2 U+ dragons per day now.

Oh, that must have been what happened the other day, I managed to get the bonuses out of the Dragon Trove mission twice.

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.
Reward: http://wiki.dragon-coins.net/wiki/Koryu

I might just do the SR version on this one.

My Alwida is at level 62. Ridiculous waste of coinage, but god she hits hard.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

The only thing that would bring me back is a light urgent. Well, here it is.

I don't see anything but the new hero chest though? Have the missions started?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I don't see anything but the new hero chest though? Have the missions started?

Yeah, I only found out today when it shouted at me and gave me one. Hasn't popped up again since though.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

The monster list for the new Hero Chest isn't showing a new Light rare or an uncommon that hasn't been used before. I wonder if that's unintentional.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Saw this on the forums for monsters needed to evolve the orbs

quote:

To evolve the monsters for this event, you'll need the following. Of course, the dragons evolve from other dragons as usual, so I didn't include all that.

59 Night Owl
60 Owlbear
206 Dark Dragon
53 Dogwood
54 Fenrir
182 Leaf Dragon
57 Tinderfox
58 Carbuncle
188 Plesionesse
55 Bladefin
56 Megalodon
190 Sea Dragon

Honestly Genbu looks like a much better unit than Koryu.

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jun 12, 2014

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Alwida was crazy expensive to put together, but at least she's good. I won't be spending all that gold and time for how lovely Koryu is. I'm just selling all the rares and using the uncommons as fuse fodder.

It sucks too because Light is pretty clearly my weakest element.

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.
Did seven normal missions today and not once did an urgent mission come up. Annoying.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Bandire posted:

Alwida was crazy expensive to put together, but at least she's good. I won't be spending all that gold and time for how lovely Koryu is. I'm just selling all the rares and using the uncommons as fuse fodder.

I read this and looked up the stats. :catstare: Figures. The one urgent event I wanted and the SR is trash.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Bandire posted:

I wish Alwida actually buffed other minions for a leader skill.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Why does Simoom have a snake dong?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Oddly enough, he's not the only one to have weird poo poo going on in his groin area. There's some SR dude in a banana hammock.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

It looks like they are having server problems. I'm getting a database error at the loading screen.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Tagichatn posted:

Oddly enough, he's not the only one to have weird poo poo going on in his groin area. There's some SR dude in a banana hammock.

He has the best name ever if he's the one I'm thinking of. Baywatcher?

And yeah, looks like things are broken right now.

BigHustle
Oct 19, 2005

Fast and Bulbous

Largepotato posted:

Why does Simoom have a snake dong?

Why does Fusillade have a cannon cock and am even bigger rock cock with guns at the end?

BigHustle fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jun 20, 2014

Mr Wikstroem
Nov 22, 2007

And now you read this in a seally Svedisch accent Jå?

BigHustle posted:

Why does Fusillade have a cannon cock and am even bigger rock cock with guns at the end?

The second one is his other leg dude. It's not immediately obvious but he's kneeling in that picture.

BigHustle
Oct 19, 2005

Fast and Bulbous

Mr Wikstroem posted:

The second one is his other leg dude. It's not immediately obvious but he's kneeling in that picture.

Ah, now I see it. I just assumed, what with all the phallic imagery in some of the other characters.

Mr Wikstroem
Nov 22, 2007

BigHustle posted:

Ah, now I see it. I just assumed, what with all the phallic imagery in some of the other characters.

I guess you'll just have to be content with him having a giant cock cannon and a smaller double-barreled ball cannon.

Correnth
Aug 29, 2000

Cold hard science trumps ponies.

Fun Shoe
Has anyone here been able to beat the last super-hard mission in the current special dungeon ("Manipulators of Qliphoth (Ultimate)")? I've been throwing everything I have against it for the last couple of days with absolutely zero success; I keep getting to the final wave and *maybe* getting the boss down to half-ish health before biting it and it's really annoying. :mad:

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Correnth posted:

Has anyone here been able to beat the last super-hard mission in the current special dungeon ("Manipulators of Qliphoth (Ultimate)")? I've been throwing everything I have against it for the last couple of days with absolutely zero success; I keep getting to the final wave and *maybe* getting the boss down to half-ish health before biting it and it's really annoying. :mad:

No, but I stopped caring when I saw that the special ability for the monster that you win is only to reduce its own attack counter needs by one coin. I thought it was team attach counters, which would have been pretty useful. But just making itself take 1 instead of 2 coins for a few seconds is not even worth wasting a spot on the team.

Correnth
Aug 29, 2000

Fun Shoe

BobTheJanitor posted:

No, but I stopped caring when I saw that the special ability for the monster that you win is only to reduce its own attack counter needs by one coin. I thought it was team attach counters, which would have been pretty useful. But just making itself take 1 instead of 2 coins for a few seconds is not even worth wasting a spot on the team.

No, but this game does make my "gotta catch 'em all" nerve twitch something fierce; I've evolved pretty much everything I've been able to, worthless or not, just to add another little slot in my monster tome.

Puzzles & Dragons? Nah. Brave Frontier? Nope. The mobile game that finally grabs me is an idiotic goddamn coin dropper.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

New urgent mission is green, and all the rares are lovely recolours of other rares.

Correnth
Aug 29, 2000

Fun Shoe
Also worth noting that they've updated the list of monsters over on the official wiki and it seems to be in line with the updates/cleanups they made to the in-game monster list this past week, so yay for marginally more useful information.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
The last mission of Chapter 6 (Castle Wagner, Unraveler of All Things*) is an rear end in a top hat sandwich.

First wave: Rasvelg (L) at 10, Fusillade (N) at 17, Sagittarius (Wo) at 10. The boxes are all on the top bar, so you're not likely to get a skill ready before theirs trigger unless you micromanage.

At 10: Rasvelg hits Enervate to kill your damage, Sagittarius hits Savage Beast to increase theirs, both attack and do big damage. If you manage to kill one or the other, Fusillade uses Encore to bring it back. :smith:

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Is there some hidden mechanic that determines how many coins enemies spit up when you damage them? Sometimes they seem to spill tons of coins and sometimes I knock off half their bar and one piddly coin drops out. It makes some missions a real pain.

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.

delfin posted:

The last mission of Chapter 6 (Castle Wagner, Unraveler of All Things*) is an rear end in a top hat sandwich.

First wave: Rasvelg (L) at 10, Fusillade (N) at 17, Sagittarius (Wo) at 10. The boxes are all on the top bar, so you're not likely to get a skill ready before theirs trigger unless you micromanage.

At 10: Rasvelg hits Enervate to kill your damage, Sagittarius hits Savage Beast to increase theirs, both attack and do big damage. If you manage to kill one or the other, Fusillade uses Encore to bring it back. :smith:

Any missions where enemies can use skills can be basically cheesed with beast tamer. I use a team with three beast tamer monsters, and an All Counter and Explosion. Generally if you can get one Beast Tamer used, you can get enough coins to get the other two, and if you still haven't killed them with 75 extra coins, pop All Counter and Explosion and get a ridiculous combo.

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009
So I finally started playing this a week or two ago and its pretty fun. I would love to have some goon friends on here though. IGN is SAfuzzbox and my code is 969753452392.

Mr Wikstroem
Nov 22, 2007

l33tfuzzbox posted:

So I finally started playing this a week or two ago and its pretty fun. I would love to have some goon friends on here though. IGN is SAfuzzbox and my code is 969753452392.

Request sent because goon friends are the best friends. Except those of you who leave a level 2 creature as your leader even though you log in daily. :argh:

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Mr Wikstroem posted:

Request sent because goon friends are the best friends. Except those of you who leave a level 2 creature as your leader even though you log in daily. :argh:

The game uses the leader of your first team and it doesn't matter how often you log in, unlike PAD. I think a lot of people don't realize it.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
Just started, add me to friend list if you have room.

IGN is Shinino_Kage_SA with # 1947-3810-1462

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Well there was another update recently, and it added unavoidable video ads that pop up randomly after playing a round. I think that's pretty well killed my interest in the game. I'm all for their old method of bribing me with gold coins to watch ads, at least then I have some say in it. But just forcing a full screen ad (apparently at full volume, thankfully I pretty much always have my phone volume muted anyway) out of nowhere is a bit too much for me to put up with. And my interest in the game was waning anyway. But it was a decent enough time waster while it lasted, I suppose.

• Locked thread