Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
I blame Yig, personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

... hi!

Arrion
Aug 2, 2010
Alris gets it. Yig devoured the forums. This is the replacement

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

So I think you guys were mid-figuring out how to splat Yig the fastest. I'm not sure I had quite all the actions yet.

Arrion
Aug 2, 2010
I think we just need actions for Jacqueline and Silas. If you're looking for suggestions Indigo, I'd go try to close the BA gate since its unguarded and coming up next omen. That also puts you near Yig.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Ah, I had forgotten to put my turn in.

Action
Move to Arkham
Get a boat ticket

Encounter
Gate Encounter

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Arrion posted:

I think we just need actions for Jacqueline and Silas. If you're looking for suggestions Indigo, I'd go try to close the BA gate since its unguarded and coming up next omen. That also puts you near Yig.

Silas isn't a gate guy and we might as well just focus on Yig anyway

Arrion
Aug 2, 2010
Silas needs a weapon and a +Will item to stand a chance against Yig, so there's really nothing he can do to help this turn. Going to BA may slow doom and gets him close so he can help once Kane buys him some gear, or to go in and retrieve my or Lily's stuff if one of us dies somehow. The other option I guess would be to go to Tokyo, try to kill the maniac, and hope the city encounter is helpful with Yig.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Arrion posted:

Silas needs a weapon and a +Will item to stand a chance against Yig, so there's really nothing he can do to help this turn. Going to BA may slow doom and gets him close so he can help once Kane buys him some gear, or to go in and retrieve my or Lily's stuff if one of us dies somehow. The other option I guess would be to go to Tokyo, try to kill the maniac, and hope the city encounter is helpful with Yig.

It really shouldn't make a difference but I figure plinking at Yig for a couple of damage is more likely to help than anything else. He can acquire assets before moving so he can have the hired muscle at the very least, maybe even the shotgun. The Tokyo thing is what I'm doing anyway, but honestly we shouldn't need it between 21-odd combat dice and an airstrike.

Meinberg, you could use your second action to hand off some clues to the snakebusters?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Barry Shitpeas posted:

It really shouldn't make a difference but I figure plinking at Yig for a couple of damage is more likely to help than anything else. He can acquire assets before moving so he can have the hired muscle at the very least, maybe even the shotgun. The Tokyo thing is what I'm doing anyway, but honestly we shouldn't need it between 21-odd combat dice and an airstrike.

Meinberg, you could use your second action to hand off some clues to the snakebusters?

I was hoping to make my way down to the fight next turn, and thinking to save my clues for then. But I suppose they might be more useful to someone who can actually fight well.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Barry Shitpeas posted:

we shouldn't need it between 21-odd combat dice and an airstrike.

Counterpoint

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Counterpoint:

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
appear on 6

Acquire Assets to get Shotgun, take Bank Loan
Move to 7

Fight Yig, I guess.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Bit of a flu bout, sorry. Let's get this done.

Chen becomes Lead Investigator.
Chen tosses out 6 Clues and 2 Allies to use the Serpent Crown.
Chen grabs a ship ticket, and acquires assets. (Influence: 3 6)
Scarborough moves to Tokyo and grabs a Clue.
Marsh appears at 6, and acquires Assets. (Influence: 3 6 6) By CO, he takes a Bank Loan and the Double-Barreled Shotgun. Debt is Common, so Fine cannot take a look at it.
Marsh moves to 7.
Kane hands off an action to Stanley and acquires assets. (Influence: 2 2 3 3 3 4 6 6)
Fine moves to Arkham and gets a ship ticket.
Stanley moves to space 7 and uses the Lightning Gun, leaving Yig on 8/9.
Stanley casts Plumb the Void. (Lore: 2 5 5 6) Chen is moved to space 7.

Action Queue
- Chen: Spend 1 money.
- Kane: Spend 2 money.

Current Reserve:
  • Hired Muscle (Ally, 2): Gain +1 Strength. You may reroll 1 die when resolving a Strength test.
  • .38 Revolver (Item/Weapon, 1: Gain +2 Strength during Combat encounters.
  • Agency Quarantine (Service, 4): When you gain this card, immediately choose a space. Each Monster on the chosen space loses 4 Health. Then discard this card.
  • Puzzle Box (Trinket, 3): When you rest, you may attempt to open the puzzle box by testing Observation-2. If you pass, gain an Artifact and discard this card.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I'm assuming that Kane napalms the entire area and cannot get the Hired Muscle, so take a loan to hire the services of a bouncer. More rerolls!

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

The other card is a Kerosene (Item, 1): You may discard this card to gain +5 Strength during a Combat encounter.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Take a Debt, Agency Quarantine directed at Yig's forehead.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Yig gets blasted down to 4/9 HP.

TURN 13 - ENCOUNTER PHASE

quote:

Investigators:
  • Charlie Kane (Alris) - Health 3/4, Sanity 5/8. Lore 2, Influence 4+2, Observation 3, Strength 2, Will 2+1.
    Action: Another investigator of your choice may immediately perform 1 additional action.
    When you acquire assets, you may allow other investigators to gain any cards you purchase.
    Bandages: You may discard this card to prevent an investigator on your space from losing up to 2 Health.
    .45 Colt Revolver: Once per round, you may gain +3 Strength during a Combat test.
    Personal Assistant: Gain +1 Influence. You may reroll 1 die in Influence tests.
    Cultes des Goules: Action: Test Lore. If you pass, you may spend 1 Sanity to gain 2 Clues.

• Jim Culver - Devoured by Lily Chen's shadowy past!

• Jacqueline Fine (Meinberg) - Stamina 4/4, Sanity 8/8. Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 1, Will 3. 1 Ship Ticket. 2 Clues.
    Action: You may trade any number of Clues with any investigator on the board.
    Once per round, when another investigator gains a non-Common Condition, you may look at the back of the card and gain 1 Clue.
    Lucky Ring: You may reroll 1 die when resolving any test.
    Flesh Ward Spell: Once per round, when an investigator would lose Health, you may test Lore. If you pass, prevent that investigator from losing up to 2 Health. Then flip this card.

• Diana Stanley (Arrion) - Health 6/7, Sanity 4/5. Lore 4, Influence 2, Observation 3, Strength 3, Will 1. 2 Clues.
    Action: If there is a Cultist on your space, discard all Monsters on that space or move the Cultist to any other space.
    Reduce the Horror test of Monsters you encounter to difficulty 1.
    Lodge Researcher (Ally, 3): If you defeat a Monster during a Combat encounter, recover 1 Sanity and gain 1 Clue.
    Witch Doctor (Ally, 3): Investigators on your space may recover 1 additional Health or discard a Cursed condition when resting.
    Lightning Gun: Gain +6 Strength during Combat tests. Action: You and each Monster on your space lose 1 Health.
    Bull Whip (Item/Weapon, 1): Gain +1 Strength during Combat encounters. You may reroll 1 die when resolving a Combat test.
    Spirit Dagger: Gain +1 Will and +2 Strength during Combat and Horror tests.
    Flute of the Outer Gods: Action: Spend 2 Health and 2 Sanity to defeat all non-Epic Monsters on your space.
    Arcane Manuscripts: Gain +1 Lore when resolving Spell effects.
    King James Bible: You may reroll 1 die when resolving a Horror test. When you rest, recover 1 additional Sanity.
    Milk of Shub-Niggurath: Action: Test Will. If you pass, you may spend 1 Sanity to recover all Health and improve Strength twice - and then a Monster ambushes you!
    Wither Spell: When resolving a Combat test, you may test Lore. If you pass, gain +3 Strength during that test. Then flip this card.
    Plumb the Void Spell: Action: Test Lore-1. If you pass, an investigator of your choice may move to any space. Then, flip this card.
    Blessing of Isis Spell: Action: Test Lore-1. If you pass, choose an investigator on your space that does not have a Blessed condition to gain one.
    Healing Words Spell: When an investigator on your space performs a rest action, you may test Lore. If you pass, that investigator recovers 1 additional Health and Sanity. Then flip this card.
    Blessed: 4, 5 and 6's count as successes on your tests. If you gain another Blessed condition, flip this card instead. If you gain a Cursed condition, discard this card instead. On a Reckoning, roll 1 die. On a 1 or 2, discard this card.

• Lily Chen (Fat Samurai) - Health 6/6, Sanity 6/6. Lore 2, Influence 2, Observation 2, Strength 4+2, Will 3+2. 1 Train Ticket. 1 Ship Ticket.
    Action: Spend any number of Health or Sanity, and regain an equal amount of Health or Sanity.
    When you improve a skill, you may immediately improve that skill again.
    Serpent Crown: Action: Test Will-1. If you pass, you may spend 1 Sanity to gain 1 random Ally from the deck. On a Reckoning, discard 1 Ally.
    Urban Guide: If you are on a City space, investigators on your space roll 1 additional die when resolving all tests except Gate tests.
    Syndicate Agent (Ally, 2): Gain +2 Strength during Combat encounters. You may reroll 1 die when resolving a Combat test.
    Carbine Rifle: Once per round, gain +5 Strength during a Combat test.
    Protective Amulet: Gain +1 Will during Horror tests.
    Lucky Rabbit's Foot: Once per round, you may reroll a die.
    Lucky Cigarette Case: Once per round, you may add 1 to the result of 1 die when resolving a test.
    Lantern: Once per round, you may roll 1 additional die when resolving a test.
    Hired Muscle (Ally, 2): Gain +1 Strength. You may reroll 1 die when resolving a Strength test.
    Plumb the Void Spell: Action: Test Lore-1. If you pass, an investigator of your choice may move to any space. Then, flip this card.

• Trish Scarborough (Barry Shitpeas) - Health 4/7, Sanity 2/5. Lore 1+1, Influence 3, Observation 4, Strength 3, Will 2+1. 1 Boat Ticket. 1 Clue.
    Action: If you do not have any Clues, gain 1 Clue.
    If an investigator on your space spends a Clue to reroll a die, he may reroll up to 2 dice instead.
    .45 Automatic: Gain +3 Strength during Combat tests.
    Holy Cross: Gain +2 Will during Horror tests.
    Enchanted Blade: Gain +1 Will and +3 Strength during combat tests.
    Poisoned: When you rest, do not recover Health or Sanity; flip this card instead. On a Reckoning, lose 1 Health.
    Hallucinations: When you rest, you may roll 1 die. On a 5 or 6, discard this card. On a Reckoning, test Will. If you fail, lose 1 Sanity.
    Cursed: Only 6's count as successes on your tests. If you would gain another Cursed condition, another investigator of your choice is Cursed. If you would gain a Blessed condition, discard this card. On a Reckoning, roll 1 die. On a 4, 5 or 6, discard this card.

• Norman Withers - Devoured by his own shadowy past!

• Silas Marsh (Indigo Cephalopods) - Health 8/8, Sanity 4/4. Lore 1, Influence 3, Observation 3, Strength 3, Will 3. 1 Ship Ticket.
    Action: Move 1 space along a Ship path, then perform 1 additional action.
    If you are on a Sea space, you and investigators on your space roll 1 additional die in tests.
    Fishing Net: You may reroll 1 die when resolving a Combat test. Reduce the damage of Monsters you encounter by 1 to a minimum of 1.
    Double-Barreled Shotgun: Gain +4 Strength during Combat encounters. Every 6 you roll during a Combat test counts as 2 successes.
    Debt: Local Action: Test Influence. If you pass, discard this card. On a Reckoning, flip this card.

Yig - 4/9 HP. Horror: Will-1 vs 3. Combat: Strength-2 vs 4. If you lose Sanity from the Horror test, gain a Cursed condition.

Chen takes her try at Yig! (Will 7, Strength 12, 3 rerolls, 1 +1)
    Horror: 1 1 2 2 3 5 6 Rerolls 3 5. No Sanity loss, no Curse.
    Combat: 1 2 3 4+1 5 5 5 5 5 6 6 6. Chen would have one-shot Yig from full health.

... well! Er! Investigators win the game!

But let's see how much he would have gotten smacked for overall:

Marsh steps up next. (Will 4, Strength 9, 6's count double)
    Horror: 1 1 1 5. Marsh gets Cursed.
    Combat: 1 1 2 3 5 5 6 6 6. 6 damage, 15 damage total.
Stanley tries... (Will 4, Horror Difficulty 1, Strength 10)
    Horror: 1 1 2 2. Stanley is no longer Blessed.
    Combat: 1 2 3 3 4 5 5 6 6 6. 5 damage, 20 damage total.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 30, 2014

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Ok that was pretty cool.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

:getin:

Great job, guys. And thanks for running the game, Stelas!

Arrion
Aug 2, 2010
Well, that certainly makes Yig seem less impressive. Thanks for running the game Stelas, was fun.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
that was a pretty great end to the game. Thanks for running it, Stelas.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Excellent game! Thanks for having me along for the awesomeness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Another ancient evil successfully punched in the face. Bit scared of Lily now though

• Locked thread