Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zombie Plague
Oct 31, 2009

I WENT TO E3 TO FIND MY DREAM JOB IN THE VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY.

WOMEN WHO WON'T FUCK ME WHEN I DO NICE THINGS FOR THEM ARE CUNTS.

I AM A PATHETIC WASTE OF OXYGEN.
I'm a four year college graduate, but I've been unemployed for like two years, covering for it by saying I'm a social media guy.

My friend got one and he has a pretty sweet Customer Service Manager job. He said he got it from Simmmons (?)

Which organization is best to get it from?

I'm too broke for an MBA.

Any basic cert I can get for a few hundred bucks that might make me more employable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Is saying you're a "social media guy" the new "I'm a consultant"?

Zombie Plague
Oct 31, 2009

tbp posted:

Is saying you're a "social media guy" the new "I'm a consultant"?

Yup.

Catchy Tuna
Dec 4, 2005
You have a 4-year degree. If you want to become a CS Manager, apply for a CS Manager position. Have you shopped at that store before? Congratulations, you're overqualified.

Zombie Plague
Oct 31, 2009

Lonely Wizard posted:

You have a 4-year degree. If you want to become a CS Manager, apply for a CS Manager position. Have you shopped at that store before? Congratulations, you're overqualified.

Nobody's hiring, but my friend says he gets calls from recruiters all the time.

Catchy Tuna
Dec 4, 2005
Retail/call centers are always hiring managers, the turnover rate is gigantic. Walk into any store that you'd want to work at, ask if the manager's around, and tell him you have a degree, some retail experience, and want to be his assistant manager so he can teach you the ropes. If you're willing to work odd hours, you've got a job guaranteed.

Zombie Plague
Oct 31, 2009

Lonely Wizard posted:

Retail/call centers are always hiring managers, the turnover rate is gigantic. Walk into any store that you'd want to work at, ask if the manager's around, and tell him you have a degree, some retail experience, and want to be his assistant manager so he can teach you the ropes. If you're willing to work odd hours, you've got a job guaranteed.

Serious? Thanks, I'll have to try that.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Have you actually, uh, tried to get a job? Or are you just waiting for a recruiter to call you?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Your friend is not being headhunted because of a Customer Service certificate. I can print one out on my computer and send it to you if you want. It'll be just as valuable. His LinkedIn profile probably doesn't suck and he has networked there effectively where you have not is the most likely culprit.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Sounds like your four year college degree is your Customer Service certificate.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Are you the same guy with the LinkedIn discussion? Read those responses, also you have a goddamn COMPTIA A+, build off that, if you put the "work" into that, you should focus on that, not on staying in an extraordinarily fluid field like customer service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

• Locked thread