Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
These are flowers in my garden:

Night Blooming Jasmine. I hope you like the intoxicating scent of jasmine because there's no hope of escape. It's basically a huge invasive weed that everyone down here loves. My fence is covered in it and on a warm breezy evening (so like every evening) the overwhelming scent makes my head feel funny but in a good way. A++ would smell again.

Gloriosa Lillies. Their poo poo's all hosed up inside out and they grow like weeds up anything they can. If you eat enough of these you will die. One side of my yard is jasmine & the other side is these & eventually they will meet up to finally determine who will fight the Burmese python in the Invasive Species Thunderdome.

Golden Trumpet. These look like actual flowers and they grow everywhere, what isn't to like in a tropical climate? Also, great if you like eating flowers & dying from poison. I like that I can prune them without it turning into a hentai nightmare which is more than I can say for most vines in my yard.

lololol let's plant these on every square inch of land because they're Bird of Paradise & we live in paradise, get it? Like most tropical flowers they are wrong about what a flower looks like, I'm embarrassed for it but you can ignore them completely & they will just keep doing their thing which is okay.

If you like ants you will love Hibiscus. I know someone already did these but there are so many might as well post them twice. I think they are lovely & they come in so many colors but I've never seen one not swarming with ants & bees & butterflies & sundry creepy crawlies. Sometimes I just want to look at flowers without being reminded of the ecosystem.

Trixie Hardcore fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Aug 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten ptosis
Jan 11, 2010
Passiflora caerulea, aka blue passion flower, the flower that looks like it belongs in a Nintendo game. I worked in an upscale nursery in college, and was taught that Catholic missionaries used the flower to teach indigenous peoples in South America about the Passion of the Christ. The ten petals represent the ten true apostles, the spiky purple tendrils represent the crown of thorns, the five anthers represent the five wounds of Christ, and the three stigmas represent the Catholic trinity.

But seriously, it's a weird-rear end looking flower. They smell nice though!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

• Locked thread