Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Just started playing this, enjoying it so far. I'm not very far in yet and could use some goonfriends for those sweet sweet friend points. My ID is 248399259

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Ooh, time limited song. Eien friends.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Anybody know how this JP score match thing works? Like, what determines the number of cards you get at the end? I once got 500g instead of cards. Also I have no idea what the options you buy with gold before doing the matches are supposed to do.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I think it's a Medley Festival going on right now. Here's an overview:
http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Gameplay#Medley_Festival
Also, according to this data-gathering post, that 100k G boost does nothing appreciable.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

graybook posted:

I think it's a Medley Festival going on right now. Here's an overview:
http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Gameplay#Medley_Festival
Also, according to this data-gathering post, that 100k G boost does nothing appreciable.

Thanks for the information.

"The first 5 goods and bads during the Festival are turned into perfects."

Holy loving poo poo I could have used this so badly in my most recent go. Just 1 Good keeping me from getting all 3 songs perfect.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
This is the first Medley event I've had enough LP to do 3 Expert songs and wow, it's noticably more points than Hard. With a team strength of 35k you can get A rank with no combo and score more event points per LP than FCing 3 Hard songs.

I usually skip doing EX event songs because my typical combo is no combo at all, but this is pretty great. Makes it a lot easier than Score Match to get the SR. Sucks for anyone trying to tier though.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
If anyone is still playing this, today's patch has solved the timing problems for me at least, so now I might actually start playing again. Of course no patch can be perfect, and for whatever reason they changed the way the board is displayed so that it no longer stretches across the entire screen, but has borders on the sides making it look like it's displayed in 4:3 or something (not quite that bad, but still). It's pretty cramped now when trying to hit a string of notes in the bottom area of the screen, and my hands aren't even that big.

Still, it's way more playable for me than it was when the timing issue was going on. I just hope I find some way to stretch out the screen too because this way it's straining my wrist more than usual for some reason.

*Edit*

I want to say that the circles you tap are smaller than they used to be, but I can't say for sure since I haven't played in ages. It could just be my mind playing tricks on me. Frankly I could be imagining everything. Except the timing issues, those are definitely gone.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Dec 7, 2015

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The biggest change in the update for me is that they added the symbols that JP's had for a while that indicate whether a given card has been idolized/max leveled/max bonded. Much more convenient than having to trek through the album or make meticulous use of the favorites system.

The update also seems to have broken my sound effects and voices, but I haven't heard of others having this issue.

justlysarcastic
Feb 22, 2010

no words necessary

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

The update also seems to have broken my sound effects and voices, but I haven't heard of others having this issue.

It happened to me, too. Set your sounds in the game to default and then go back to your Home screen. That fixed it for me.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

justlysarcastic posted:

It happened to me, too. Set your sounds in the game to default and then go back to your Home screen. That fixed it for me.

Sure enough. Thanks, friend! Upon experimentation, the sliders seem to be overly sensitive, so anything more than a small adjustment downwards mutes that type of sound.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
They updated the game! Now you can see if you've already idolized, fully leveled, or fully bonded a card!

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Yeah it's been like a month tho.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

beaner69 posted:

Yeah it's been like a month tho.

I just started playing again recently.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

So I started playing this game again after my friend went to Japan and got some swag, including nico nico cards and a playmat. The game looks gorgeous and I like the updates to the UI. At the same time, I'm worried: facebook updates talk about a final love live concert? :ohdear: And there's a new set of idols to replace the OG ones?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Chill la Chill posted:

So I started playing this game again after my friend went to Japan and got some swag, including nico nico cards and a playmat. The game looks gorgeous and I like the updates to the UI. At the same time, I'm worried: facebook updates talk about a final love live concert? :ohdear: And there's a new set of idols to replace the OG ones?

Yep. The original nine are having their Final Live in a month or two, and the new generation is starting. Aqours will be the group for this new era, Love Live! Sunshine!!, with an anime coming this summer.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

So what happens to LL:SIF? The new group looks fine. Will the voice actors be the same?

Also I guess a few people decided to drop me off their friends list while I was away. Which is dumb because I have a kawaii nico nico UR as my main (of course). ID 284656910 ~

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Nope, new crop of VAs as well. I saw a neat still shot where one of the VAs did a move from the 1st single MV - jumping clear over two of the other members. Apparently she's pretty athletic and they knew she'd be able to do it, so that's really cool.

I daresay though that I ended up stealing most of the SIFtalk with my topic in ADTRW/VEGETA/Donald Trump Campaign Headquarters/That Japanese Game From Japan You Like Is Anime, What You Like is Anime/whatever Bad Seafood wants to call it now. You might have better results on friend requests there. I've got a couple slots free and I have a Smile Honoka UR center, so I'll drop you a request - my handle is Zio.

Here's a link to the rhythm general thread I made: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740211
We do chat a decent bit about other stuff, though, like The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls: Starlight Stage (and related anime matters) and Girl Friend (Note) and a few other games too from time to time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

So is that the main thread for all these games combined now? This one seems p dead. I got some neat swag and a pic of it that I can share.

• Locked thread