Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Me as of late.

Edit:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Well, election day has come. While the constest is now closed, because I am getting shamefully drunk, shortlist will be announced tomorrow and results on Saturday.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Alright, it is time for the shortlist!

A Good Cartoon Finalists

1. From Brainbread

Quebec is Canada's trophy wife. Instead of fixing their crumbling relationship, Canada throws money at them and labels everything they say as "nagging". An Abusive Cartoon.

2. From Spiffster

Frivilous spending of gadgets and gizmo's is not as important as covering for our sick, disenfranchised, and the elderly. A good cartoon

3. From Vyelkin

Although all three parties' platforms are bad, the NDP and Conservatives are full of hot air while the Liberals' platform is concrete, making it impossible to lift off the ground. A Good Cartoon.
[/quote]

Best Edit
1. From Taciturn Tactician

2. From R. Mute

3. From Joel Joel

4. From Spiffster

So, these are the finalists. You can debate/discuss them in the thread as to which you feel best deserve the prize, and I will announce the winners tommorow evening!

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Feel like R Mute kinda blew me out of the water, if I'm honest.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

bunnyofdoom posted:

Alright, it is time for the shortlist!

A Good Cartoon Finalists

3. From Vyelkin

Although all three parties' platforms are bad, the NDP and Conservatives are full of hot air while the Liberals' platform is concrete, making it impossible to lift off the ground. A Good Cartoon.

Best Edit

3. From Joel Joel

So, these are the finalists. You can debate/discuss them in the thread as to which you feel best deserve the prize, and I will announce the winners tommorow evening!

Love these two. If Alberta had our own dedicated cartoonist, I think I could have found something! But I honestly have no idea whats going on in the Mideast so I can't AGC it for the life of me.

That, and Joel Joel's made me giggle since apparently I am extremely patriotic about my province.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Winners post :siren: :siren:

The votes have been tabulated (IE, I decided) and I have winners! Are you all ready?

A Good Cartoon winner

Brainbread

Quebec is Canada's trophy wife. Instead of fixing their crumbling relationship, Canada throws money at them and labels everything they say as "nagging". An Abusive Cartoon.

Because sadly, it is sadly very very true
Best Edit
Well, it was a tough decision, don't get me wrong, but eventually I picked a winner.

From Joel Joel

Yes, this depressing truth about Canada wins again. While seeing the accurate truth about JJ McCullogh, D&D favourite Pants Donkey, and an accurate description of the politoons thread were humourous and good edits, this one hit closest to home I felt.

Brainbread, Joel Joel, PM me which forum upgrade you want, and I'll make it happen. Thanks to all who participated!

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Awwwh! Thanks!

And grats to Joel Joel for their awesome edit!

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Those would've been my picks as well. But ultimately, this is a victory for Canada. :canada:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Well done, everybody. Some great work in this thread. :canada:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I love that even your nastiness is boring, vaguely lighthearted and heavily derivative of US politics :)

Like, what a good place to live. Shame about the snow

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Can never close the deal when it counts, I'm the Habs of goon contests.

Good job Brainbread and Joel Joel!

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Aliquid posted:

I love that even your nastiness is boring, vaguely lighthearted and heavily derivative of US politics :)

Like, what a good place to live. Shame about the snow

As part of my first aid course, we had to watch an (America made) video about it. The frostbite and hypothermia sections were filmed just north of my city :3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Fun fun photoshop, everyone.

Thanks, BoD, for running the show.

:canada:

• Locked thread