Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

Mehuyael posted:

Brawl was the last Smash I played. I didn't play it enough to get the hang of it unfortunately. My favorite 3 were Sonic, since I seemed to fall off the stage the least with him, Pokemon Trainer, because I didn't play enough to get tired of his gimmick, and King Dedede even though I sucked with him because it's Dedede.

Yesss. I love playing as all of those 3 (mostly Charizard of PT) so when Charizard was brought back for Smash 4 I was pretty happy. Even when this video was recorded it was a while since I had last played Smash, which (partially?) explains why I was so terrible. Especially DK and Bowser I hadn't used in so long.

Not that when I've played Smash 4 I've been much better...

Blind Sally posted:

Brawl? Ike and only Ike. Ike forever. Troll your friends, they'll hate you for playing Ike.

I've never liked playing Ike at all, but I had a friend who did? And it was so long ago that I don't even remember who this friend was.

Senerio posted:

I want that hack pack, but sadly the dropbox link for it is down. :(

That was an entertaining video!

Sorry! It's been over a year since it's existence so that makes sense... There are a lot of different hack packs out there but yeah, Nerdbot did do a good job of selecting some costumes that just fit well without being too out there.

Not that having things really stupid and out there wouldn't be fun.

Thanks for enjoying the video!!

Also fun fact ya'll: So I just had my wisdom teeth removed and I think I might be kind of out of it but it's hard to tell? So if I seem weird in this post that's why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

The T posted:

I've never liked playing Ike at all, but I had a friend who did? And it was so long ago that I don't even remember who this friend was.

Like Ganondorf, Ike hits extremely hard and can rack kills with only a few hits. Unlike Ganondorf, Ike is a lot faster, so you can rack up said kills even quicker.

The T
May 29, 2010

I can't believe for the entire duration of this LP (as far as I know) we never made a "The Train is Late" reference.

On an unrelated note! I'm going to try my hand at doing some streaming. I'm most likely going to do a trial run sometime tomorrow, late afternoon or evening EST, but I'll make a post here when I'm about to go live! So keep an eye here, or on my Twitter! Hope I see some of you. :D

The T fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Mar 14, 2015

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

The T posted:

On an unrelated note! I'm going to try my hand at doing some streaming. I'm most likely going to do a trial run sometime tomorrow, late afternoon or evening EST, but I'll make a post here when I'm about to go live! So keep an eye here, or on my Twitter! Hope I see some of you. :D

Are you going to stream Chameleon Twist 2?

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

Are you going to stream Chameleon Twist 2?

Watching T try to play Chameleon Twist 2 would be an experience

The T
May 29, 2010

Hey there everyone! We're going to start streaming soon!

Pile in!

http://www.hitbox.tv/TheT113

Archive up! Overall I'm not super happy with the audio on it; major's audio feels a bit low and I feel like the game audio might be loud in places, although I keep going back and forth on this. Still, let me know your thoughts and I'll ensure the next one is better.

The T fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Mar 15, 2015

The T
May 29, 2010

This game is really fun and I'm a tad disappointed that this video really doesn't do it justice. It's explained at the end of the video, but technical difficulties caused us to have to cut it short. I'd really love to do another video of this game! Even with the convoluted recording set-up we had to do...

And so, to make up for this update being a tad short, I have another update planned, in another thread I used to post in a long long time ago...

As another aside, this coming Wednesday is MY BIRTHDAY. To celebrate, since I don't have any real friends and no one will make me cake, I'm probably gonna get some goon friends together and do a stream. So join me on 4/1, probably around 6 or 7 PM EST? If you want to know when I go live you can preemptively subscribe to my hitbox to get an e-mail alert. Hope to see some of you~

The T fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 27, 2015

The T
May 29, 2010

Update on the birthday stream: Because of the Nintendo Direct scheduled at 6, we're going to move the stream up to 4 PM EST; we'll probably end up watching and talking over the Nintendo Direct, too.

The T
May 29, 2010

So, here's the archive of yesterday's stream.

The Birthday Stream: Part 1 and Part 2

This stream went slightly better than the last one but was still a pretty intense clusterfuck. Part 1 seems very watchable, except for some choppiness towards the end, while part 2 gets much worse in parts... Still working on figuring out why that is. :/

Must watch parts are Romance Central and... that's it. Originally I attempted streaming the Nintendo Direct that was this day, but it was super choppy and unwatchable (and no one was watching it with me anyway) so I cut it all out.

Part 2 has a lot more choppiness issues. They don't start until midway into Smash Bros., so I'm kind of confused about them as a whole? So more experimentation will be needed...

I would say for Part 2, you might just want to watch ActRaiser and Freedom Planet, maybe some of Smash, but Mario Kart is basically unwatchable and not terribly interesting.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I love you guys playing games that are meant to be asymmetric multiplayer. Pacman was a riot to see.

The T
May 29, 2010

Just 2 more bonus episodes and 2 more regular episodes to go! (well, before the Magfest trundle...)

Also me and major are PROBABLY gonna do an... "interesting" stream later today? If you like dumb children's card games, keep a look out.

The T
May 29, 2010

To honor Mewtwo finally rejoining Smash, today me, majormonotone, and mateo360 streamed some Smash. I think I've finally got things to an acceptable level where there won't be frame drop issues, so this video should be highly watchable!

(Well, except that I accidentally outputted at a resolution just under 720 so the HD version won't exist on YouTube... I've fixed this for future streams...)

[4/15/2015 Stream] Smash: Metwo Returns

The T
May 29, 2010

Hey guys so the end of the semester is coming up and I've been super busy all week. So that said, I haven't had time to work on the next update or do any stream stuff.

And with THAT said, my intention will be, if things go according to plan, that next Friday I will start updating once a week for the last 4 updates. Wish me luck!

The T
May 29, 2010

Despite the rocky start in Side A, I think this video has a lot of funny moments, and gets better in Side B. Hope you all enjoy it. :)

The T
May 29, 2010

Heya! We're getting close to the end!

Also want to point out this past week I've been pretty busy: We did another stream of Mario Kart 8 and Smash, and I found out last month's stream didn't export from Hitbox properly and was cut off early, so after a few tries I got it corrected. And based on how many more views it has, I'm sure you're all aware of the Sonic 3 & Knuckles race I posted yesterday. And remember you can subscribe to my Hitbox to get notifications when I go live if you want to take part in the streams!

Thanks for everything, everyone.

The T
May 29, 2010

And with that, I'm proud to introduce... The Super Mario 3D World Goonrace!

The rules are fairly simple:

1. Before the first round, you will start a new save file; go into the first level, and then save and quit. This is to ensure you don't have to watch the intro cutscene during the first race. Nothing may be collected prior to the first round, and you may not play on a save file in between rounds.
2. Each round, 1 world will be completed.
3. You may collect as many or as few Green Stars as you want. If a World ends in a Castle gated by Green Stars, you must have enough Green Stars to pass the gate. Required gates to be aware of:
World 1-Castle: 10 Green Stars
World 4-Castle: 50 Green Stars
World Castle-Castle: 130 Green Stars
World Bowser-Castle: 170 Green Stars
4. For the purposes of planning what Green Stars you collect during the race, you will only need to concern yourself with completing World Bowser. In the event that we race the later worlds, only then will you be able to (and expected to) go back and collect the required Green Stars between those race rounds. For worlds before World Bowser, you cannot collect Green Stars between rounds.
5. Time in a round begins after you select a file on the data select screen, and ends upon touching the flag pole after the last boss of a world. After each race, you may travel to the next world and view it's cutscene and save in that world, so you will start in that world next round.
6. You may not travel beyond the current world. However, you may travel to prior worlds to collect Green Stars, prior to beating the boss of the current world.
7. Scoring will be based on a Mario Kart-esque system; the fastest player will earn a set amount of points, and each place below will earn consecutively fewer points. Point values will be based on the number of entrants.
8. Will you sacrifice points in one round by going for more green stars, so you have less to collect in future rounds? INTRIGUE.
SUPER SPECIAL MOST IMPORTANT RULE: Each level, your character must be randomly selected. If you do not, you will receive a time penalty.
SUPER SPECIAL SECOND MOST IMPORTANT RULE: For god's sake, have fun! This is not a serious competition.

Instructions for recording:
1. Groups are expected to have a maximum of 4 players. 4 players per group is expected, and you may only have less on an approved exception when you are one of the last groups to race. (This is to ensure I don't have to produce more races than I have to...)
2. Each player must record their own audio in Audacity. Have one player perform a sync by counting "1, 2, 3, Sync", with everyone else saying "Sync" in sync with how they hear the counter say Sync. It is normal if everyone sounds off from each other in this process. It will be fine. After, when everyone is ready, the sync count player will say "1, 2, 3, Go" and everyone will choose their save file on Go. You may do introductions before or after this, or not at all.
3. Don't worry about syncing up your video to your audio; as long as you press start when you hear "Go", it should line up correctly. If for whatever reason you don't press it on time, do something else in the video to make a clear sync point, like jumping a few times and saying "jump" each time you do. That said, if this happens it may just be easier if you start recording over...

So! If you're interested in joining, and you have a mic, capture card, and Super Mario 3D World, either get in touch with me on Skype if you have me added already, or post your Skype name here and I'll get you added into the group!

Otherwise, look forward to the race videos happening soon!

The T fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 15, 2015

ParTwo
Mar 5, 2013

I'm making it rain-Bo!
I'm in. I might need to delete a file for this because I think I've played this game too much. Skype: meta_kirby (the actual display name will be "flarp22 ★ )"

The T
May 29, 2010

This may be the end, but there's still so much more in store...!

Races should hopefully start soon, so if you have any interest at all, get your post here!

And for everyone who made it this far, thanks for watching. You're the best. :)

Oh oops, just remembered to post this here. A few days ago me and major had a fun stream when attempts to play Pokemon TCG failed, so we played some Divekick, RollerCoaster Tycoon, and some garbage called DLC Quest.

The T fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 22, 2015

The T
May 29, 2010

And now it's time for... THE MAGFEST TRUNDLE.

Me and major (and Annie) went to Magfest and on the days where we weren't doing fun Magfest things, we played some games! And we prepared for the Global Yoshi's Cookie League's official tournament. Of which we both lost. Handily.

HERE IS THAT PREPARATION AT WORK!

As a second aside, I'm moving the 3D World Race over to our new race thread. I'd like to get a few more people interested in it but if no one else joins, I'll probably start it soon! So hope to see you there.

Also, ProYoCo was my 69th upload on YouTube! I'm so proud.

The T fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jun 20, 2015

The T
May 29, 2010

Who's ready for some more puzzle... action...?

I'm off to go attend CEO and watch some fightgam players play fightgams (and also Smash I guess, maybe, if I feel like it). See you next week!

The T
May 29, 2010

This thread is now about Tetris.

I went to CEO last week and in the free play room some people had set up Puyo Puyo Tetris. I played so much of it and it is loving amazing? The Swap mode, which swaps between Puyo and Tetris every 25 seconds, is amazing and has a wealth of strategy while still be fairly accessible to people (as long as they can mildly play Tetris and Puyo). Such a good game. Need to buy it.

Anyone else out there have good Tetris stories?

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
Actually, the effect of your lines depends on when you make the lines. You can add or remove lines from anyone or everyone. It shows in the little box at the bottom of your column who's getting what if you make a line. The part of the screen that is constantly changing regardless of your input but nobody is paying attention to.

edit:

Actually

quote:

nobody is paying attention
That sums up this LP quite a bit doesn't it? I'm pretty sure I can attribute most or all the dead Marios to negligence.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Cheez posted:

Actually, the effect of your lines depends on when you make the lines. You can add or remove lines from anyone or everyone. It shows in the little box at the bottom of your column who's getting what if you make a line. The part of the screen that is constantly changing regardless of your input but nobody is paying attention to.

I was busy looking at the falling blocks, because it is a Tetris game

The T
May 29, 2010

Yeah, this is a good example of why you research the mechanics of a game at least a little before you LP it blindly.

That said, most of our failings skill-wise in the puzzle games (and in Mario) are due to the LP secret that talking while playing video games is actually pretty hard. :v:

The T
May 29, 2010

Oh no, more Tetris! But this Tetris is a bit different...

Tetris Battle Gaiden apparently has a bit of history with Magfest, something I didn't even realize going in, which is vaguely detailed in this Giant Bomb video.

All that said, I apologize for my absolutely atrocious Tetris play in this video. I watch this video and see some incredibly bad moves I made and what a much more obvious better move would be. Still, hope you enjoy us showing off this neat thing.

And don't worry, this will be the last puzzle game for a bit.

Outside of this, last Tuesday on my stream I started a new series, Super Mario 64: 120 Stars or Bust! I've never beaten Super Mario 64 100%, so majormonotone felt they had to yell at me until I do. We'll be doing part 2 live this coming Tuesday around 5 PM EST, so as always follow along on my Hitbox and Twitter to get notified when I go up.

See you all around!

The T
May 29, 2010

Finally, something that isn't a puzzle game!

I'm posting this a bit early because tomorrow morning EVO starts and I didn't want to be bothered while I'm watching my fightgams.

That said, more stream content for you: I didn't stream Mario 64 this week, instead doing a tribute to Satoru Iwata and looking at his earliest games. It turned out a little odd and I was worried the whole way through, but I still think it'll be ok.

Also, a few weeks ago, and then again this week, major started a new stream series, where we play Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. Each part starts off a bit slow but tends to get better towards the end, so I hope you'll watch and enjoy?

Make sure to tune in on Tuesday, as well, for the continuation of our Super Mario 64 stream, right on Hitbox.

Thanks as always for watching and post away here about the streams and videos, your thoughts and comments and dumb jokes!

The T
May 29, 2010

This one starts off a bit odd but gets better as it goes. It's the first recording of our 2nd recording day.

This week we also streamed Super Mario 64: 88 Stars or Bust, the 2nd part of our Super Mario 64 series. The audio on it is a little poorly balanced, but hopefully not unlistenable? Make sure to follow and watch live so you can yell at me to fix the audio levels!!! And follow majormonotone too, a new Superstar Saga will be happening Monday.

Hope to see you all there!

The T
May 29, 2010

Oh jeez, I almost forgot it was Friday. Been watching SGDQ all week. I didn't get to stream this week because my power went out, and I was too busy watching SGDQ, but here's Part 3 of Mario & Luigi. How are you?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Super ultra belatedly (man, this video backlog) I love the concept of a final boss who's just all the time jacking your powerups and using them for itself.

The T
May 29, 2010

Glazius posted:

Super ultra belatedly (man, this video backlog) I love the concept of a final boss who's just all the time jacking your powerups and using them for itself.

Yeah, I always loved the few times that happens in video games--I can't even think of any other times off the top of my head, but it's always really cool. Meowser is really cool.

And yeah, I've been pumping these things out and trying to make new content as much as possible... I have a bit too much free time it seems!!

Thanks for watching!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

The T posted:

Yeah, I always loved the few times that happens in video games--I can't even think of any other times off the top of my head, but it's always really cool. Meowser is really cool.

Off the top of my head, Mario Land 2 and Sonic Colors.

I've played the first a lot, I think I didn't really like it except for the final level and boss which made up for the rest.

The T
May 29, 2010

Double update this week, because the latter of these 2 is especially short. I do think it's really funny and worth watching though, so take a look?

As for new stream content, this last week had Part 3 of Super Mario 64. This next stream might be the one where I finish the game, so I really hope everyone can tune it! Catch up on the entire thing on this playlist, then follow my channel and be there on Tuesdays around 5 PM EST!

major is also slowly working their way through Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga with me in tow. Here's part 4, and if you need to catch up, the playlist is here! And you can follow major's channel for updates on when they stream!

Hope to see you all during some streams soon!

The T
May 29, 2010

This is probably my fondest memory of Magfest altogether, bar none. It's also a tad long, but trust me when I say it's worth it.

I'll also add, Part 4 of Super Mario 64 stream is up; not many stars left now, so tune in on Hitbox on Tuesday at 5 EST for what will almost definitely be the stunning conclusion this time!!

The T
May 29, 2010

Didn't like last week's video? Then you probably won't like this one!! More amazing game show fun.

Additionally, the final part of Super Mario 64: 120 Stars or Bust is here. You can now see the entire saga here! What will we end up streaming next? For now we're not sure...

That said, next week I start classes, and major is unavailable, so we've agreed to take a week off. I'll still update this thread on Friday, with what will be... THE FINAL VIDEO. Going out a slightly anticlimactic note, but it's been an amazing ride.

Hope you like this week's videos, and see you in a week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The T
May 29, 2010

And with this, our adventure finally comes to a close. It's been a long, intense journey of fun, excitement, yelling, and stolen jokes. I'm glad to have had you all along for the ride, and I hope you'll join me for future LPs!

Until then, thanks so much for watching, and see you all again soon. <3

• Locked thread