Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ztarlit_Sky
Mar 4, 2014
Nap Ghost

FAT BATMAN posted:

Also, some pretty interesting info revealed in the story! If this is Earth-4, does that mean Achi's plan has been successful three times and about to happen again? Are the bad guys carrying on her will?

Humanity has spread out in the inner spheres compared to the first game, I think it even goes up to Earth-8 or Earth-9 at this point. This isn't the fourth, just one of multiple colonized planets if my memory's right. As for why they still call it Earth-Number, beats me.
The other stuff will be talked about later / is something I'll do a tiny writeup on once the game is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

If you open this in chrome, there's a nice "720p60" option there in the quality settings. Looks nice, wish it wasn't restricted to chrome, though.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
Aren't you gonna show sinking that lava ship in an alternate take since you missed the sword combo on the cockpit in this run? Another thing you didn't mention about the melee fight is that if you try to stay far away from Deko for too long, he'll yank you right back in with that chain in your wrist.

AnotherGamer fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Nov 1, 2014

crazdgamer
Nov 11, 2012

Always know the game state...
The NS Molten Echo midboss seems the most unfair out of all of the unfair in the stage.

If you're playing as Kachi, do you still have to do the crane segment with Isa as the captive, or does the game just skip it, or something else entirely?

Emperordaein
Jul 1, 2013
No, there's a different cutscene for Isa getting grabbed by the crane if you're playing as Kachi. Also gotta love Deko pulling out Street Fighter moves. He can perform the Tiger Knee, Flash Kick and Shoryuken.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Great Joe posted:

If you open this in chrome, there's a nice "720p60" option there in the quality settings. Looks nice, wish it wasn't restricted to chrome, though.

I'm wondering if somehow this is the default in Firefox because I've had no problem with all the other videos in 720p on my 3M connection, but that video was stuttering every 10 seconds in 720p.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Chuu posted:

I'm wondering if somehow this is the default in Firefox because I've had no problem with all the other videos in 720p on my 3M connection, but that video was stuttering every 10 seconds in 720p.
That really shouldn't be the case, considering 60FPS files are barely larger than 30FPS files. I'd say it's the player acting up, especially since in Chromium (not Chrome), it won't let me set the resolution higher than 360p for some reason.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Great Joe posted:

That really shouldn't be the case, considering 60FPS files are barely larger than 30FPS files. I'd say it's the player acting up, especially since in Chromium (not Chrome), it won't let me set the resolution higher than 360p for some reason.

There's just something very odd with the way youtube is handling that video. My options in Firefox are 144p, 240p, and 780p which is a strange combination -- I don't think I've seen a 780p video without a 480p option. YouTube Downloader can't find the 780p option.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

720+60=780 ?

That's just really weird overall.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
it only showed up as a max available res of 240p in Safari, but in Chrome the 720p60fps vid was available and looked awesome!

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

It's really pretty. :)

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!

AnotherGamer posted:

Aren't you gonna show sinking that lava ship in an alternate take since you missed the sword combo on the cockpit in this run? Another thing you didn't mention about the melee fight is that if you try to stay far away from Deko for too long, he'll yank you right back in with that chain in your wrist.

The ship thing is one of those things on the list of "stuff I know about, but have never actually seen or succeeded at". I never got it to work, and it quickly gets to a point where you just don't want to play this stage anymore. The ship is in this annoying place where you have to do the toughest part of the stage to get there, and then there's a checkpoint right after, so if you fail you can't just get yourself killed and go back.

Also it looks like this video was spoooooookier than expected. I'm not sure why you're only just now getting the full quality videos (but only on Chrome, sometimes) as I haven't changed a thing about how I've been making and uploading them. They should all be available like that.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRi4M4o19v8&t=596s Like so.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Don't you remember back when we were on the same side? The side of blowing up planets left and right? Wasn't that a good side?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I finished catching up and it's an interesting game. Can't wait for the finale.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!

Mraagvpeine posted:

I finished catching up and it's an interesting game. Can't wait for the finale.

Good news! It's :siren:FINALE TIME!:siren:

Stage 7 - COALESCENCE
It's a Christmas miracle in space when Isa, Kachi, and the Keepers of Earth-4 battle the entire Nebulox Armada!

If ever there was a Nintendo franchise that could use another game, it's this one. They'd need to allow Wiimote and Nunchuk use for it though, as that and mouse and keyboard are pretty much the only two reasonably comfortable ways to play games like this. I still have no idea how people used the N64 controller to play the original, heck, using the Classic Controller often felt like a struggle to me. I really, truly recommend playing this one for yourself if you're able to do so. Like most games of its genre, it'll more than likely kick your rear end a lot at first, but it's definitely worth playing through till the end!

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
You didn't mention the "bosses looking at you from a monitor and attacking you in turn" being from Gunstar Heroes? For shame. You also forgot that Saki is already in Smash in assist trophy form.

What about the other endings, are you gonna show those, specifically the different ending songs and additional scene from beating the game in Isa&Kachi mode?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

During the final phase of the boss rush, it looked as if hitting the orange bullets would cause all nearby blue ones to be hit in a chain reaction. Is this just me or was this an actual mechanic?

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012

NGDBSS posted:

During the final phase of the boss rush, it looked as if hitting the orange bullets would cause all nearby blue ones to be hit in a chain reaction. Is this just me or was this an actual mechanic?

He says the red ones trigger a chain reaction near the start of that phase.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Sgt Thud posted:

He says the red ones trigger a chain reaction near the start of that phase.
Somehow I failed to notice that. :sweatdrop:

And on topic I am looking forward to whatever else will be shown off.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Well that certainly was an ending.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

So, just how much is different if you play as Kachi?

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

That final phase of the final boss was so cool! Great twist on defending the earth from the first game! As a huge fan of the first game, and all Treasure games, man, this was a blast to watch. Can't wait to see what other stuff there is to show.

EDDryden
Jan 31, 2013

I play this game with a classic controller exclusively and I think it feels fine! It takes some getting used to, but it has the big advantage of being able to leave the cursor perfectly still over a boss so you can focus on dodging :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
You'd think that dude would start sending people out two at a time. Then again the puppets kind of worked that angle.

Great seeing you dive through clouds of bullets and come out alright.

• Locked thread