Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
i uh kind of had a crazy weekend

:ducksiren: i partied too hard :ducksiren:

should have doomy and porpoise's update on the table tomorrow. Sorry guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
Sorry guys... having a few personal issues at the moment, so posting might be sporadic for a bit until I get poo poo sorted...

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

OzCavalier posted:

Sorry guys... having a few personal issues at the moment, so posting might be sporadic for a bit until I get poo poo sorted...

It's 100% alright Oz I can say the same so no sweat

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Updating sometime today. Sorry about all that guys! It would be an understatement to say I had a weird week and I needed some time.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Had to handle something last night. I will update when I get home.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...
That's some good murderizing by Plowforged :stare:
Expect a Duke post tue/wed; if Mirthless can clear up what things are still alive, it'd be much appreciated :)

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Update coming in a day or so. I will give you a heads up on what's alive tomorrow p.D0t

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Holy poo poo, Plowforged dunked that Huntress. Only thing that's left is the big vulture to the south. Gonna update tomorrow evening.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Haha, I play a lot of strikers when I'm playing in 4e, but even still I'm always surprised by the sheer damage output a crit on one of them can toss out! :v:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Quick clarification question: Are we treating the area between U54 on the map that Matilda and company have moved to and U55 on the map with the guard that just smacked her around as directly connected, or is there a hallway in between the sections that we're just hand waving away? I ask because if we're planning to start something we might wanna be less overt if there's a pack of newly pissed off guards not 20 feet away :v:.

If it's the former and it's just one continuous hallway we've got something like 6 enemies to deal with from the west, 6+ from the east, and another potential 5+ from the south from the beetle brigade. Not the best odds when we've got a group of NPCs to protect and I'm unarmed and potentially not actually capable of combat yet.

If we're going with plan SEAL THE MINES VIA EXPLOSIVES, we can try and fast talk the Quartermistress into going to see the guards to the east and then use the explosive powder to blow up the eastern and southern corridors. We'll still have to fight our way past Hakara and her crew to leave, but that's 4 enemies to go after instead of 17+ instead. If we manage to surgical strike the caverns closed without damaging the supply closet we could potentially run off with a bunch of goodies as well.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
We don't have room for adjusting explosive placement, especially since Chaedi is AFK. No time to worry about our haul either. We deal with the quartermistress and we get what the civilians can quickly carry. Set off the bombs and go.

Quartermistress may be tricky. If she recognizes me she'll be mad that I snuck out and Chaedi can't tell a convincing lie about the other parts of the mine because she has actually been here the whole time.

Going to get ready to fight subtly and I think our best case scenario is that we convince her to head back the way we came, especially if we seal it with explosives immediately after.

If a fight starts alpha the bird first!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

The dice provide. Your call on bluffing her to the East or me just removing her bird and then her head. :tipshat:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

I figure we try to do this quiet :v:. The dice were kind of okay with me trying too! If it looks like she's not gonna head off to the east, at least we have a good transition into combat :black101:.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
gonna post tomorrow

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Sorry guys I've been hosed with the flu since friday and my brain is more fried than I was giving it credit for

I'll try again tomorrow

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Gonna post when I get home from work. :) Happy Friday guys!

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
Don't expect a post from me until at least sunday.. unless they ask me to work, then it'll be like Wednesday before my next post :v:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Can't let these two buy time for the rest of the Knights Exoskeleton to show up. I'll post tonight to start, Porpoise.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Alrighty! Kinda caught up in errands for the next couple hours so that works out anyway :v:.

I'm just going forward with the idea that I'm armed with powers like Duke was on his arrival, so I'll likely be supplying some animal backup to start or slapping down some hindering terrain on that beetle.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003
if nobody else wants them, Plowforged is going to yoink those javelins. If someone else wants the fancy blow up ones that's super fine, but I could really use an extra set of things to chuck at birds.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

TheAnomaly posted:

if nobody else wants them, Plowforged is going to yoink those javelins. If someone else wants the fancy blow up ones that's super fine, but I could really use an extra set of things to chuck at birds.

Go bananas.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
I am posting a recap update with the party re-merging tomorrow. I was going to do it today but my midday kind of unraveled. Stay tuned

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
Expect me to do some postin' late-late Saturday, or else sunday :thumbsup:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Doomykins posted:

(I think I picked this up to keep it from rotting so here's a weapon, Porpoise. Beats being unarmed.)

Flint Axe

This is a crude Battleaxe made from Elk Bone and Flint. The handle is carved Elk Bone.
The head is made from Flint chipped into an oblong shape. The handle is engraved in
strange geometrical patterns.

+2 Proficiency - 1d8, Brutal 2, Versatile - military melee
+2 Nature, Athletics
+2 Damage, +1 Attack vs Large or Larger Reptiles and Mammals

On striking rock, the weapon ignites in a cool flame, casting light as a torch.
The weapon must be quenched in water or oil to extinguish the light. This light
generates no heat.

Firekeeper
Minor - Imm. Interrupt - Daily
Trigger: You are hit by an attack that does fire damage
Effect: Negate up to 10 points of fire damage. If all damage is negated, the
attack fails to land.

Just barely better than unarmed! :v:. d20+9 (d4+5)unarmed vs d20+6 (d10+5) armed. Thankfully my melee attack isn't really for hurting people, the damage is a bonus, but the free thp I get to hand out hit or miss is the kicker there.

It's not really my one melee attack I'm particularly worried about so much as it is every single one of my other powers that relies on an implement :science:. Maybe I can roll some nature checks to whittle down the axe bits and turn it into a staff once we have some downtime.

I do appreciate the weapon though, the interrupt and at-will torch should be handy. I imagine I'll be able to rustle up some appropriate weapon/armor in either Mari's shop or the warehouse in town at some point.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Apr 27, 2016

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Sorry for the wait guys, update later tonight or sometime tomorrow but soon.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

FWIW we go to the Stables and want closer looks at spots of interest mentioned.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Hey guys, my wife's family came in from out of town and completely derailed me, I'll try and get something up asap

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
busy week ahead for me, but should be available for lots of posts sunday/monday

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Sorry guys, I really got stretched thin the last couple of weeks, I have been ten kinds of busy and I've been spending most of my free time asleep. I will be updating tomorrow.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Next round Tuesday. Sorry for the downtime everybody, family is out of town and my shoulder isn't hosed up so things should be back to normal now X_X

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

I'm in garbage mode right now so don't worry haha, I'm dealing with health issues and junk that are making my life unfun, but the show must go on :v:.

Garbo repositioning for anyone that doesn't wanna read through my wall of text.

Enemy stat blocks should look like so after factoring in my debuffs

Eagle - AC16 - F14 - R12 - W12 - HP 14/14 +1
Eagle 2 - AC16 - F15 - R12 - W12 - HP 14/14 +1

20 damage total to all three Hawks so they're dead.
Hawk - Dead
Hawk 2 - Dead
Hawk 3 - Dead

Orc Huntress - AC15 - F14 - R16 - W14 - HP ??? (9 damage)
Orc Huntress 2 - AC15 - F14 - R16 - W14 - HP ??? (20 damage)
Orc Shaman - AC17 - F15 - R16 - W20 - HP ??? (17 damage)

That's all until the end of my next turn.

:sparkles: Controllers! :sparkles:
:smugwizard:

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 08:13 on May 20, 2016

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Gonna push this back to Thursday and give you guys time to post.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
Juggling a ton of poo poo right now (tl;dr half-marathon on Sunday :supaburn:) but I can post late Friday if ya need me; otherwise sunday evening/Monday daytime.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

P.d0t posted:

Juggling a ton of poo poo right now (tl;dr half-marathon on Sunday :supaburn:) but I can post late Friday if ya need me; otherwise sunday evening/Monday daytime.

Sure. I may still update today but if I do I'll give you an extra turn or something

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Updating Tomorrow.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
I think it's safe to say at this point we're done. It was fun while it lasted, but I just don't think the play by post format really works for me. I can look back at the game's post history and see my mood swings and it frustrates the poo poo out of me. I really appreciate you all sticking it out so long, but I can't do this to you anymore.

This game was kind of my baby and I don't really want it to be picked back up. I'm sorry for that. I may write a story or something eventually. Maybe nanowrimo? :shrug:

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
:sympathy:

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Mirthless posted:

This game was kind of my baby and I don't really want it to be picked back up. I'm sorry for that. I may write a story or something eventually. Maybe nanowrimo? :shrug:

It was fun, but BPB is always kinda weird and I can see the format being frustrating with a long running game. I can see the moments when I had too much on my plate, too, so don't feel bad... it's the nature of the bast. I think it's safe to say we all enjoyed it, thanks for the game while it lasted Mirthless!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

I'm sad to see it go.

• Locked thread