Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Jastiger posted:

Costco rules though. We bought taco seasoning and it lasted us two years.

I saw this on the shelf the other day and laughed. How many tacos does the average white person make a year? I get those seasoning packets that are like 50 cents, and grab a handful just because and I think I've used three in the past four years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe
Our Costco, which is in Moreno Valley, still suffers from idiot shoppers. You will occasionally find cold foods, such as fresh cheese or meat products, that someone decided at the last minute to abandon in the middle of a non-refrigerated aisle, like right on top of the nuts and snack foods facing the check stands. It sucks because it definitely has to be thrown out, because there's no telling how long it's been sitting there, getting warm. Idiot shoppers.

Boner Medicine
Feb 1, 2014
:taco: Tuesday

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

also a good place to buy the overpriced razors with all the blades, and giant bottles of shower products

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I've never been to a Costco but my mom bought our first computer at a BJ's back in spring of 2001. A cheapo HP with a Celeron 733, 64MB of RAM and a 20GB hard drive. Actually ran Quake 3 alright once I threw in a video card.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Went to Costco yesterday and spent 360 dollars. I have a chest freezer with a half hog and shitloads of frozen costco goodies in it. Something else that I remembered that they sell cheap are big dog beds. A BJ's opened up near me and the pale in comparison especially in the meat department. I often buy a whole tenderloin and process it at home.

Boner Medicine
Feb 1, 2014
I wanted to buy a pork shoulder but didn't need 17lbs worth.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Boner Medicine posted:

I wanted to buy a pork shoulder but didn't need 17lbs worth.

Get pork tenderloins instead, they're very delicious and they are in much smaller portions so you can pick one up when you need the "pig fix" and not have to consider the logistics of consuming every molecule of a 20 lb hunk of meat

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Philthy posted:

I saw this on the shelf the other day and laughed. How many tacos does the average white person make a year? I get those seasoning packets that are like 50 cents, and grab a handful just because and I think I've used three in the past four years.

I'm not white. Racism.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Jastiger posted:

I'm not white. Racism.

How the hell did they let you in?

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Vynar posted:

Costco is great but some stuff I just can't use all of it. But those nonperishables are great. I can buy more toilet paper than god. Also their fruits seem to be better to me than the local grocery store's stuff. However, here in Maryland they don't sell liquor. I have popped into one in northern Virgina and the beer was pretty cheap, no liquor though. I am getting pretty desperate looking for it.

e. Also they seem to treat their employees well compared to other stores. And the cheese is good as are the take and bake meals if I am lazy.

Go to the Costco in DC you jerk. Unlimited liquor

Buckwild Dorf
Apr 5, 2011

by XyloJW

redstormpopcorn posted:

I moved into my new place last April and bought a rice cooker and 50-pound bag of medium-grain Calrose. for like $50 total. I AM STILL EATING THAT RICE.

Costco owns.

Achievement Unlocked

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Just went to Costco the other day to mix 6 gallons of Margaritas.

They had kirkland brand everything for all the stuff I needed and I do not believe in watering poo poo down.

but people drank more than 6 gallons worth of stuff and we ran out of the mixer, so I wound up just pouring in whatever Kirkland Grand Mariner and Blue Agave and tossed in whatever cut up limes I had left and hoped for the best.

I went through three bottles of Kirkland triple sec.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

A proper margarita for a party is ice, limeade concentrate, tequila, and some everclear.

Boner Medicine
Feb 1, 2014
Costco Trip report: chicken breasts, raspberries, strawberries, cucumbers, spinach, Kind bars. Gonna get some vodka next time and make some cucumber vodka.

mmmcurry
Sep 8, 2006
likes free food
You mean price club?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Condoms bigger than my cock for $1.50 and it comes with a bottle of lube. For the best dill on the planet.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

SaltLick posted:

A proper margarita for a party is ice, limeade concentrate, tequila, and some everclear.

What the gently caress?!? Don't say this too loud man or a ton of people are gonna show up at your house and beat the poo poo out of you for heresy.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

My girlfriend dragged me to Costco once. Shopping for deals makes her happy and I'm a nice guy so I indulged her.

Their meat looked pretty good, but the store had a really unwelcoming atmosphere due to the amount of crazed customers butting in front of, cutting off, and basically just desperately putting any poo poo in their carts. I saw trains of carts, two per overweight mother and father and the oldest daughter struggling to push one of her own, and it felt really gross.

And the deals weren't all that great if I stood back and looked at them. Yes, you're getting a deal on granola bars, but you're now obligated to eat a lot of the same kind of granola bar.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Professor Shark posted:

My girlfriend dragged me to Costco once. Shopping for deals makes her happy and I'm a nice guy so I indulged her.

Their meat looked pretty good, but the store had a really unwelcoming atmosphere due to the amount of crazed customers butting in front of, cutting off, and basically just desperately putting any poo poo in their carts. I saw trains of carts, two per overweight mother and father and the oldest daughter struggling to push one of her own, and it felt really gross.

And the deals weren't all that great if I stood back and looked at them. Yes, you're getting a deal on granola bars, but you're now obligated to eat a lot of the same kind of granola bar.

makes u think

Slapdash
Mar 30, 2010

Frostwerks posted:

Condoms bigger than my cock for $1.50 and it comes with a bottle of lube. For the best dill on the planet.

I buy the giant pickle jar and then individually wrap the pickles in condoms for convenience. Just slip one in my pocket and off to work! When its snacktime you just untie the end and unroll as you eat. The reservoir tip holds just enough brine for a little salty treat when you're done.

Also, the latex is just sticky enough that you can stack them up like cordwood in the fridge. So convenient!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Slapdash posted:

I buy the giant pickle jar and then individually wrap the pickles in condoms for convenience. Just slip one in my pocket and off to work! When its snacktime you just untie the end and unroll as you eat. The reservoir tip holds just enough brine for a little salty treat when you're done.

Also, the latex is just sticky enough that you can stack them up like cordwood in the fridge. So convenient!

Is that a pickle in your pocket or are you just happy to see me

Boner Medicine
Feb 1, 2014
checked out the pickles yesterday. none of them looked good. y'all just talking about the classic giant penis pickles?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
costco is gonna start selling apple products again

woo

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Boner Medicine posted:

checked out the pickles yesterday. none of them looked good. y'all just talking about the classic giant penis pickles?

Yah, I'm not sure what ones goons are talking about. I only saw Vlasic which are run of the mill get anywhere pickles.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Philthy posted:

Yah, I'm not sure what ones goons are talking about. I only saw Vlasic which are run of the mill get anywhere pickles.

Actually, Vlassic are literally poo poo pickles.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Philthy posted:

yeah Vlassic sucks dick. Mt Olive is bad too. I'm really loving picky about my pickles :v:.

1. They shouldn't be loving sweet. god drat disgusting. They should be salty as the sea
2. they should have a nice crunch and snap in half when you try to bend them, not be more flaccid than LESLIE's dick
I've probably returned like $15 in pickles to grocery stores because of how disappointing some of them are

fortunately, costco sold this in a twin pack for like $5

loving good pickles

Boner Medicine
Feb 1, 2014
it's cool if you recognize good pickles but lol if you have a strong opinion against a pickle brand

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Every time I go to costco I see at least three retards and a midget. It's like the circus.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
i like all pickles because i like anything dick shaped that tastes of vinegar that i can slam down my throat before chomping off

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Sharzak posted:

Every time I go to costco I see at least three retards and a midget. It's like the circus.

same but your posts.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
i mean every time i read your posts. just midges and retards

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011

FrozenLederhosen posted:

Kirkland bacon is loving awesome and one of the only really good deals there of the poo poo I buy regularly. Stuff that should be a good deal but isn't, like an entire flat of eggs, is only like $.03/egg cheaper than the same brand from Safeway. Probably won't renew my membership.

lol if u go to piece of poo poo safeway, a place that sells green peppers for 2 dollars per piece for anything instead of costco the best place on earth

u basic bitch made friend of the family

i will literally fight about store brand loyalties.

Southpaw
Mar 9, 2006
I've been to the Costco in Vancouver BC. They have poutine in the food court. POUTINE, YOUS FUCKS! :getin: thank the lord baby jesus I don't live there, I'd be a fat goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

i assume the us costcos have the giant angies popcorn bags
they are good
and have a lot of popcorn inside

• Locked thread