Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Kirios posted:

That actually wasn't a bad press conference at all. I'll probably get an Xbox One 2-3 years down the line when they slim that loving monstrosity up.

The only worse decision is buying a Wii U.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Pirate Jet posted:

Wii U is the only next gen console worth owning.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
#AllTheFeels

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Just nailed why I'm starting to drift away from games; they're all sooooo self-serious now, triple-A or otherwise, and it feels like the only alternatives are Nintendo and tude.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
The feeeeeels. Get that dude off the stage.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
No one expects the SIGNAL LOSS.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

I shudder to think what will happen, what HAS happened, to the past and future Sim Obamas of the world.

Oh gladis

Edit: hahaha what zombie Bruce Lee, huh? This is super weird and the animation is awful

Pootybutt fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jun 9, 2014

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Pirate Jet posted:

The Wii U is actually really fun and good.

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013
So I have an exam at 8am in the morning. Did a single interesting thing happen at the Microsoft Press Conference? I normally check NeoGAF first, since they generally go nuts during E3, but not only is the site intact but literally the only piece of news I see is some new game from Platinum that honestly looks really bad.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

jeffreyw posted:

So I have an exam at 8am in the morning. Did a single interesting thing happen at the Microsoft Press Conference? I normally check NeoGAF first, since they generally go nuts during E3, but not only is the site intact but literally the only piece of news I see is some new game from Platinum that honestly looks really bad.

New Crackdown, some Platinum exclusive, GAMES GAMES GAMES. No big coups, if that's what you're wondering.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Madden 15 comes out the year after madden 25

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

There's no way at least some of these audience reactions are'nt being piped in. People were screaming for literally a second at one point.

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

jeffreyw posted:

They showed the same games that they showed last year, with some extra padding of multiplatform games like Assassins Creed and Tomb Raider.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

<blank> you can FEEL

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
To add some international data on this, the conferences air on NicoVideo, Japan's proto-YoutubeTwitchBlogspot wonderment of a website, after larger live broadcasts viewers are livepolled on their feelings of what they just watched on a five point scale where 5 is top, 3 is average and 1 of a pile of crap.

20.7% - 5 - That was freaking great!
25.3% - 4 - That was good
28.7% - 3 - It was ok
12.1% - 2 - It was bad
13.2% - 1 - This was a waste of time

Viewer verdict and feelings from the entirety of Japan seem to be that the games are too samey, but hype certainly isn't dead.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jun 9, 2014

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Did they actually say if Kamiya is the director on Scalebound?

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

Cantorsdust posted:

New Crackdown, some Platinum exclusive, GAMES GAMES GAMES. No big coups, if that's what you're wondering.

Organs posted:

They showed the same games that they showed last year, with some extra padding of multiplatform games like Assassins Creed and Tomb Raider.

Gee I am glad I decided to go to sleep rather than get up at 2:30am because that sounds like the most boring poo poo ever.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Pootybutt posted:

Just nailed why I'm starting to drift away from games; they're all sooooo self-serious now, triple-A or otherwise, and it feels like the only alternatives are Nintendo and tude.

Just like movies, AAA titles are what gets funded since there's the potential for more return. Non-AAA suffers to provide that funding.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sequels, dying franchises, crap, and nothing new.

E3.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012

MrLonghair posted:

To add some international data on this, the conferences air on NicoVideo, Japan's proto-YoutubeTwitchBlogspot wonderment of a website, after larger live broadcasts viewers are livepolled on their feelings of what they just watched on a five point scale where 5 is top, 3 is average and 1 of a pile of crap.

20.7% - 5 - That was freaking great!
25.3% - 4 - That was good
28.7% - 3 - It was ok
12.1% - 2 - It was bad
13.2% - 1 - This was a waste of time

Viewer verdict and feelings from the entirety of Japan seem to be that the games are too samey, but hype certainly isn't dead.

I thought owning an Xbox was a social stigma in Japan

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

It was until Monster Hunter Frontier and Idolmaster.

NegativeElectron
Aug 8, 2013
Microsoft and the illuminati?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

The Japanese people I know who own Xboxes not for the sake of its exclusive titles are walking (indoors) talking (online) social stigmas.

Took a while to get to know all five of them.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

MrLonghair posted:

The Japanese people I know who own Xboxes not for the sake of its exclusive titles are walking (indoors) talking (online) social stigmas.

Took a while to get to know all five of them.

"The Xbox One: It's Pretty NEET!"

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Meat Recital posted:

Microtransactions is my best guess.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Lmfao

Bruciwayna
Apr 2, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

What kind of noob only has a single 20" monitor?

• Locked thread