Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Xaris posted:

i'd pay to see schmorky on national tv

it has already happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv0R1k6l6BI&t=47s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Real talk: CNN has embraced big data in a huge way and is giving the American people the news they want (and deserve). Watching the way they cover poo poo like Malaysia plane, Ukraine, VA mess, and Oregon school shooting is a good way to see how the producers have learned to present a story in the most ratings-maximizing way.

This is borne out through the data, which shows decline/diminishing growth for Fox, incredibly low and stagnant ratings for MSNBC (which will grow as the election approaches and then melt away again), and CNN's big growth

CNN is lovely, but their shiftiness is entirely the result of the demands of the American public

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

visceril posted:

Real talk: CNN has embraced big data in a huge way and is giving the American people the news they want (and deserve). Watching the way they cover poo poo like Malaysia plane, Ukraine, VA mess, and Oregon school shooting is a good way to see how the producers have learned to present a story in the most ratings-maximizing way.

This is borne out through the data, which shows decline/diminishing growth for Fox, incredibly low and stagnant ratings for MSNBC (which will grow as the election approaches and then melt away again), and CNN's big growth

CNN is lovely, but their shiftiness is entirely the result of the demands of the American public

I thought CNN was suffering from all time low ratings??

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
That was in February. MH370 pulled them back to a close #2. And even in February they were still #2 above MSNBC and HLN

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 636 days!

Al Borland posted:

I thought CNN was suffering from all time low ratings??

They are compared to FOX. I wasn't kidding when I said most Americans consider FOX to be their most trusted and often only source of news.

It's because America is a nation of loving old people, who loving love FOX News, and will continue to be one for most of our lives as the boomers age, and live forever thanks to medical advances, and the fact that the younger generations are too loving poor to get married or have kids.

We hosed lol.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
BREAKING NEWS

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I stopped watching any news years ago. I found that I get more than enough news from the people who can't shut up about what they saw on the news.

On voting day, I just vote for whichever politician has the most Jewish name.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Twitch posted:

I stopped watching any news years ago. I found that I get more than enough news from the people who can't shut up about what they saw on the news.

On voting day, I just vote for whichever politician has the most Jewish name.

Hmm. Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

Beeftweeter posted:

cool i was in the hospital about a year ago and was all groggy and poo poo just coming out of anesthesia and i could hear someone babbling on about obamacare and there was another guy trying to interrupt him saying like "sir? sir. SIR? SIR! SIR... sir SIR. sir?" and the other guy kept just going on and on. all i could think was oh goddamnit someone put cnn on this is worse than the searing pain in my leg from surgery

thats my cnn story i guess i dont watch it much because it sucks and is horrible

it's like they have a really passive-aggressive angel of death nurse in that hospital

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

burritolingus posted:

24 hour news is trash. It belongs in the trash can (bin for brits).

thanks for translation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 636 days!

Rambling Robot posted:

BREAKING NEWS

That's honestly one of the more accurate headlines I've seen on CNN.

• Locked thread