Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

McTimmy posted:

Level 99 actually exists(the Leaderboards are full of them). It just takes 1 Million EXP to go from 1 to 98. And 9 Million EXP to go from 98 to 99.

I remember when capcom was still doing events for RE6 on their weird network thing and all the top race times for chapters were -00:00'02 or even lower. I liked to think that people were actually beating the levels 2 milliseconds before they started it.

Update 12 - Root of All Evil

(29:26) Spec Ops 5: Pointlessness - YouTube|Polsy

~Echo Six are in constant communication with command, closing in on Umbrella's facility. The team is cautious as no one is sure of what the team may find.

The further we go the lazier the mission descriptions seem to be getting.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jul 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Singh Long
Oct 9, 2012

Lunethex posted:

I remember when capcom was still doing events for RE6 on their weird network thing and all the top race times for chapters were -00:00'02 or even lower. I liked to think that people were actually beating the levels 2 milliseconds before they started it.

Speaking of that, I have a question for anyone who has the 360 version of the game. Does unlocking the EX costumes apply only to the gamertag associated with the RE.net account, or can all profiles (including offline ones) get them at once?

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
We are the most skilled and observant soldiers.

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
How many self destructs does an umbrella facility need? If you guys are in the birkin facility that makes at least two with the other being on the geothermal power core. unless they actually have a third lab under the city.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

nendymion posted:

How many self destructs does an umbrella facility need? If you guys are in the birkin facility that makes at least two with the other being on the geothermal power core. unless they actually have a third lab under the city.

This is actually the Dead Factory facility. Which will make things even more hilarious next video.

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Okay guys, be honest with us. How much time did it actually take to "kill" that Tyrant? Like, start to finish.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
About seven and a half minutes of pure fun.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

waaaaaaaaaay too loving long

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

McTimmy posted:

About seven and a half minutes of pure fun.

Aces High posted:

waaaaaaaaaay too loving long

I hope it was worth it, gentlemen. :colbert:

I also want to point out how once again OCR managed to royally gently caress up a basic concept. The Dead Factory, in RE3, was a simple thing. Sure, it was Umbrella's second or fifth or two hundred forty-eighth secret virus lab hidden in and around Raccoon City, but it was actually a reasonable thing when you think about it. Some old abandoned factory in a corner of town that no one goes to and anyone who does "happens" to conveniently disappear. Perfect place for a secret death lab, makes a lot more goddamn sense than a giant underground facility with a geothermal power core.

Then this game comes along. The USS side was okay, no real big issues, but E6 trucks through and that "Welcome to Umbrella Secret Lab Raccoon Branch #592. Here is a list of all the horrible atrocities against nature we are committing this month" computer recording is just... What the gently caress made anyone on the dev team think that was smart? This game has done some dumb things so far, but the fact someone apparently thought that we legitimately needed to have that recording playing just to truly hammer home how evil Umbrella really is assaults my senses and offends me as an intelligent human being. I'm willing to forgive a lot of dumb poo poo in a game just because it's dumb, but my suspension of disbelief is genuinely broken by the implication that the devs either honestly think we're that stupid or honestly are that stupid themselves to think that recording needed to be there.

And yes, I know, "Because Operation Raccoon City" is probably the explanation, but loving seriously. :bang:

Derek Barona fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jul 31, 2014

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

You're making two mistakes that will lead you to doom: trying to wrap your head around the logic of Resident Evil, and holding out for something good about ORC. Is this mission title supposed to be a reference to something?

Update 13 - The Places We're Meant To Die

(28:50) Spec Ops 6: Unfocused - YouTube|Polsy

~Echo Six has discovered how crucial Sherry Birkin is. However, any further search and rescue is impossible until Echo Six deal with an Umbrella Security Service base.

This chapter is pure suffering, and I would say it's worse than Mission 2. Even the stuff you didn't see us doing when I cut footage in that one.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Oh you bastard. I thought that was justified revenge! Makes my teamkills even funnier though.

Here are the Trophies I don't have for this wonderful game since it was slightly brought up in the video.
10 Kill Streak in VS
5 Melee Kills in one game in VS
10 Melee Kills in one game in VS
98 VS matches played
Kill all 4 enemy Heroes in Heroes VS mode
Killed someone with the crucible
Deliver all Samples in Bio-Hazard mode?

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!

Lunethex posted:

You're making two mistakes that will lead you to doom: trying to wrap your head around the logic of Resident Evil, and holding out for something good about ORC.

Oh, I'm well past holding out for anything good from this game. My problems come from the fact that as legitimately :psyduck: and otherwise facepalmingly batshit as RE can be, this game is so much freaking worse than that. It really feels like no one at Slant Six has ever even actually played an RE game before, they just took an RE2/3 plot synopsis off of GameFAQs or something and wrote fanfiction about it. There's stupid, and there's RE, and then there's this game.

That said, for guys that apparently don't know what the hell they're doing, they at least made that Tyrant fight a little cool. I mean, blah blah didn't do the research and yadda yadda the railgun didn't look like that and omgwtf it's not perfectly like it was in RE3, but whatever. Rail gun or no rail gun, you guys took out five Tyrants in one room. That's gotta make you feel just a little awesome.

But if McTimmy is Ramba Ral, shouldn't he have said that Lunethex only won the scoring game for so long because of his riot gun(dam)?

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy
You guys are nuts for continuing this thing on Professional like you did. :staredog:

That being said, the videos are great for it. Goddamn though, these levels seem painful on any difficulty. Every enemy is a bullet sponge to begin with. I understand that the unofficial mantra for 99% of DLC playable level content is to just ramp up the difficulty in order to justify the asking price by "adding gameplay length" that way, but this is insane. Also, what the gently caress was with the rail gun design in that last level? It looks like it was lifted right out of Fallout 3 or something.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

At last!

Update 14 - Longest Yard

(44:05) Spec Ops 7: Victory - YouTube|Polsy

~A distress call has been received from police officer Leon S. Kennedy informing Spec Ops command of the whereabouts of Sherry Birkin and Claire Redfield. Echo Six must reach the survivors and secure a safe extraction.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Well, that was a trip through bullshit and hell. Compared to USS, the final boss arena was (like most of the Echo Six campaign) annoying and more bullshit.

And it seems the "mess with canon" for the Echo Six amounts to: "We were in Raccoon, and we evacuated Leon, Claire and Sherry via helicopter instead of by train. Also, Birkin Forms 2-4 never get models becausedon't show up, so have a stupid looking mutated Tyrant instead for a final boss." Which, while more in amount of things presented, still feels less than what the USS got to do.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

Lunethex posted:

At last!

Update 14 - Longest Yard

(44:05) Spec Ops 7: Victory - YouTube|Polsy

~A distress call has been received from police officer Leon S. Kennedy informing Spec Ops command of the whereabouts of Sherry Birkin and Claire Redfield. Echo Six must reach the survivors and secure a safe extraction.

I can't tell who has more bullshit aim, the AI in this game or the AI in Payday 2, jesus loving christ.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I heard that on the highest difficulty in Payday 2 you basically get sniped across the map and one hit killed, so Payday 2 would beat ORC in that regard.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

Lunethex posted:

I heard that on the highest difficulty in Payday 2 you basically get sniped across the map and one hit killed, so Payday 2 would beat ORC in that regard.

Even on lower difficulties, you know those little gaps in terrain in like, fences and poo poo that most games lazily slap collision over so you can't shoot through it? You can in Payday 2.

The cops are REALLY good at shooting through those, too. Actually, Payday 2 reminds me a lot of this game.

Also, brief question about Resident Evil canon, since I've only played 1 and 2 and a little bit of Nemesis and I barely remember any of those because it was over ten years ago... When the gently caress did Raccoon City turn into a literal war zone? I seem to recall it was just zombietown and then got nuked.

And shouldn't Leon have been covered in loving bandages from Ada? :argh:

Kobold eBooks fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Aug 1, 2014

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
I demand Versus!

Also since Aces got DCed I went and made a Death tally for this mission so we get the complete picture.

Echo Six: Mission Seven
Lunethex killed by USS
Aces High killed by Sentry Gun?
Aces High teamkilled by Lunethex
McTimmy killed by Parasite
McTimmy teamkilled by Lunethex
McTimmy killed by Crimson Head
Aces High killed by Lunethex
McTimmy killed by Crimson Head
Aces High killed by Crimson Head
Aces High commits suicide with explosive barrel
Aces High has left the game!
Aces High has joined the game!
Aces High has left the game!
Lunethex killed by Parasite Super Tyrant
Aces High has joined the game!
Aces High killed by Parasite Super Tyrant

Teamkills: 4
Enemy Kills: 8
Total Kills: 12

Lunethex Deaths: 2
Lunethex Teamkills: 3

Aces High Deaths: 6
Aces High Teamkilled: 3
Aces High Teamkills: 1(suicide)

McTimmy Deaths: 4
McTimmy Teamkilled: 1

Singh Long
Oct 9, 2012
I honestly think Slant Six somehow thought people wanted more of Lost Planet 2 seeing as how:

a. The boss is a large dark skinned monster with glowing orange/red weakspots that must be shot at.
b. Said boss takes forever to kill.
c. Having to constantly keep your eyes on the boss in order to survive
d. The boss fight takes place in a gigantic open space.

Seriously, why didn't Capcom just ask Slant Six to make Lost Planet 3 instead of Spark Unlimited?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

At least in Lost Planet the bosses weren't entirely scripted to be harmed only when the game could handle it. It was very possible to absolutely smash bosses in LP2 if you knew what you were doing.

But they couldn't even do that in this game. I noticed near the end that it only took a set amount of damage per weak point before standing back up and the fight is more about hoping he gets tired and then registers damage per kneel.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
It just means the fun lasts for 18 glorious minutes!

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Singh Long posted:

I honestly think Slant Six somehow thought people wanted more of Lost Planet 2 seeing as how:

a. The boss is a large dark skinned monster with glowing orange/red weakspots that must be shot at.
b. Said boss takes forever to kill.
c. Having to constantly keep your eyes on the boss in order to survive
d. The boss fight takes place in a gigantic open space.

Seriously, why didn't Capcom just ask Slant Six to make Lost Planet 3 instead of Spark Unlimited?
My personal belief is that when Slant Six heard about the cast being elite military troop squads, they decided to make a game to fit the typical "Only two weapons, limited healing items, cover-based 'bro-ops' shooter" style games instead of fitting Resident Evil's more survival horror/action horror style. As a result ORC, when placed next to every other Resident Evil game, just looks and feels like it doesn't belong there. Seriously, RE5 introduced us to the BSAA, an elite military styled organization that is very much like what the Wolfpack and Echo Six are supposed to be on paper (minus the B.O.W. experience, naturally). Why not take the BSAA concept and rework it to fit the days of RE2/3? I honestly think that if Capcom was a little more hands-on with the game, this could have been less of a total disaster from a design and gameplay standpoint.

From a story standpoint.....I honestly have no idea what could be done to make things flow better. Considering that the hype was "You get to mess with canon" and very little of that actually happens, that's where I'd start. But after that, :shrug:.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Mr. Soop posted:

You guys are nuts for continuing this thing on Professional like you did. :staredog:
I agree. You are all insane for not just saying 'gently caress it' and dialling down the difficulty. :stare: I'd have probably quit / restarted thinking the game was bugged out during some of those boss fights. Then again, it would've offered less chances of all those 'accidental' headshots.

And they thought they were going to get a sequel for this crap. :allears:

On a more positive note, I actually did like how this game looked. Graphics wise it was pretty servicable for a 3rd person shooter, and had some nice atmosphere / lighting / locations. It's just a pity the actual gameplay was so goddamn terrible.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

bathroomrage posted:

Also, brief question about Resident Evil canon, since I've only played 1 and 2 and a little bit of Nemesis and I barely remember any of those because it was over ten years ago... When the gently caress did Raccoon City turn into a literal war zone? I seem to recall it was just zombietown and then got nuked.

It didn't. In the original games, both Umbrella's mercenaries and the U.S. Special Forces are on the ground for one reason or another (and we never do find out why the Special Forces were there at all), but they never met as far as we knew. The mercenaries were wiped out to the point where there are only three or four known survivors and the Special Forces team is dead when Jill finds them in the Dead Factory at the end of RE3.

ORC takes off from that and turns it all up to eleven without too much consideration for how things will affect the earlier games' canon, since they said right up front it was an alternate-universe story. Sometimes it works within the existing canon, like the Wolfpack's first few missions; most of the time, like in the entirety of the Echo Six campaign, it doesn't.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

limited posted:

On a more positive note, I actually did like how this game looked. Graphics wise it was pretty servicable for a 3rd person shooter, and had some nice atmosphere / lighting / locations. It's just a pity the actual gameplay was so goddamn terrible.

Someone wasn't looking close enough at Harley's Beard :3:

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
I'm just gonna go ahead and say, after all this, you guys are the heroes Raccoon City deserves for putting up with this game's bullshit.

Not that RC deserves heroes. It deserves zombies and mutants and getting nuked off the map. But if it did deserve them, you'd be the guys to call.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

So's everyone good with the video quality and such before I wrap it up?

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
All good on my end.
Congrats on finishing.

And it is nice that your got the hell out of there still applies.

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
I'd like to think that command is really keeping echo six there to die in the impending nuke blast because in reality he works for umbrella and has used you guys as a way to easily get his on the three characters that can bring down umbrella and doesn't want anybody around that can discover what he's doing and stop him. So there is no sequel, just yet another umbrella double cross.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

nendymion posted:

I'd like to think that command is really keeping echo six there to die in the impending nuke blast because in reality he works for umbrella and has used you guys as a way to easily get his on the three characters that can bring down umbrella and doesn't want anybody around that can discover what he's doing and stop him. So there is no sequel, just yet another umbrella double cross.

so Command is actually Trent then :v:

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Aces High posted:

so Command is actually Trent then :v:

I got this joke. :cripes:

At any rate, you guys are some tough video game hombres. Thanks for the LP of this awful, awful game. I can't wait for you guys doing Operation Raccoon City 2: Viral Boogaloo on Ultra Professional when that comes out in no years from now. :getin:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Before we close out here is some art that Rumrusher did when I streamed this game a long time ago.

In-jokes from the time.

I opted to save Leon then promptly executed him

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Because gently caress Leon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I guess the new threat that arose in Raccoon City is the competitive multiplayer?

• Locked thread