Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

I'm very sorry to have gone quiet for such a long time. I can't really make any excuses for not saying anything, I've just not been in a good shape for a few weeks. Its been a mix of some personal problems and visiting a distant relative who probably doesn't have much longer to live.

I know I haven't really acted reliably but I think I'm mostly over it now, and I think I'd still be happy to continue GMing. I should have a post up later today.

But yeah, sorry once more, but we've had pauses before and those didn't stop us either. Let's get back to it, shall we?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Jvie posted:

I'm very sorry to have gone quiet for such a long time. I can't really make any excuses for not saying anything, I've just not been in a good shape for a few weeks. Its been a mix of some personal problems and visiting a distant relative who probably doesn't have much longer to live.

I know I haven't really acted reliably but I think I'm mostly over it now, and I think I'd still be happy to continue GMing. I should have a post up later today.

But yeah, sorry once more, but we've had pauses before and those didn't stop us either. Let's get back to it, shall we?

I'm just glad you're alive. Hope things are getting better for you. As they say IRL takes president over elf games.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Yeah. Glad to see you. I'm totally down to continue and I'm sorry to hear irl has been rough on you.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Oh god I'm late again. Post should be up soonish.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Jvie posted:

Oh god I'm late again. Post should be up soonish.

No worries

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

I'm going to make my friends eat infinite oregano and they'll have to do it because the recipe says so!
What "offer of Yratha's hospitality"? Neram is aware of no such thing!

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Oh sorry, I meant what she said to Desiderio. Namely that she can get you wherever you are going if you rest at the house. I just wanted everyone's opinion OOC if they are happy with that.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

quote:

I don't believe Neram has been made aware of Yratha's offer or anything along those lines, in fact he's only aware of Yratha at all because of his time stop shenanigans earlier and hasn't been in communication with anyone inside the house at all.
Yeah. I'd just like everyone's opinion as a player if going with that is a good ending for this session or if you still want to do something else here.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Jvie posted:

Yeah. I'd just like everyone's opinion as a player if going with that is a good ending for this session or if you still want to do something else here.

Im cool with it

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

I'm going to make my friends eat infinite oregano and they'll have to do it because the recipe says so!
Sounds alright to me, as long as there aren't any strings attached or whatnot!

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Nah. He's not causing any trouble out there, and you can tie him up if you want no risks. Just say what you want to do with him.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Just because I can't remember, and I'm sure as hell not trawling through every page of our multi threaded saga. Has 'Sara' ever come up before in relations to Monsters? Or is she someone we've not previously established? Just so I can be sure I'm not treading over something from a while ago.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

She's brand new. Go hog wild.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

quote:

I assume so, but I am getting mixed messages here!
I didn't mean it to sound that way. I just wanted to know what Neram thought of meeting Yratha again. But anyways.

~*~End of Session~*~
Did we learn something new and important about the world? Of the demons, yes.
Did we overcome a notable monster or enemy? Yes.
Did we loot a memorable treasure? The demon cylinder counts in my mind. Also the cube if Aziza kept it.

Oh wait, I forgot to describe the cylinder, adding that in quick.

+3xp for everyone.
If you fulfilled your drive/alignment also mark xp.
Also pick someone who knows you better than before, give them +1hx with you. If hx goes to +4 reset it to +1 and mark xp.

Level up if applicable.

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

Jvie posted:

Also pick someone who knows you better than before, give them +1hx with you. If hx goes to +4 reset it to +1 and mark xp.

Actually that's a point, I meant to earlier check my Hxs from the previous last session and something has come up, what happens if it becomes inapplicable? Does it get erased and you mark XP or what?

(I mostly asked because I had Luca as a bond from last session and I only just now checked, and I had hx+3 with them, of all people!)

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Hx
Luca +1
Neram +3
Sammi +2
Rory +1
Aziza +2

Reset Rory- having seen him in action, Desiderio feels like he knows what the man is capable of.

That brings me to a level up, so I will choose Loquacious Invective, multiclassed from The Halfling.
When you hurl insults at a foe, roll+Cha. On a 10+, the enemy is distracted and leaves themselves briefly open to attacks from others. On a 7-9, they leave themselves briefly open, but your shouting draws attention to yourself, putting you in a spot.

Edit: Actually, I'll take Now I Have The Upper Hand instead.
Add the following options to Parry:
• Disarm your opponent, sending their weapon flying across the room.
• Steal a visible item off of their person. They don't notice it's gone until you inevitably flaunt the fact you have it.

Vulpes Vulpes fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 27, 2016

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

Infinite Oregano posted:

Actually that's a point, I meant to earlier check my Hxs from the previous last session and something has come up, what happens if it becomes inapplicable? Does it get erased and you mark XP or what?

(I mostly asked because I had Luca as a bond from last session and I only just now checked, and I had hx+3 with them, of all people!)

Actually nevermind, last session I would have probably used my +1 Hx on Luca anyway because Neram had gotten a better understanding of Luca from seeing him try to make deals (or something like that) with the Lich and then setting off alone when it all broke down, true insight! Resetting him to +1 and giving XP. Also this session I will nominate Sammi for a +1 Hx because from the time they spent together (however briefly) Neram has gained some greater understanding of how her powers (and Cog's powers) operate relative to his, something that Neram is keen to come to terms with.

Hx
Luca +1
Sammi +1
Desierio -1
Rory -1
Aziza -1

I'm not sure if this session would mean Neram would fulfill his drive of: "Favorable Futures: Manipulate events in a way that favors you or your friends." Except actually... Neram's interaction with Yratha in the past and forcing her to become a demonologist of some kind made the events of the present favour Neram and his friends because after all, otherwise she wouldn't be here, now, and willing to give the party shelter and a form of transport! Marking XP, again!

Speaking of which that would put me at 11 XP, enough to level up.

In which case I will give +1 to Wisdom, and take Eternal Vigil:
You do not need to eat, drink, or sleep. When you Take Watch, the night passes in an instant, and anything coming arrives in the morning, after everyone has fully rested.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
9/11XP

+3 XP for session end.
+1 XP for Drive - Help someone not part of your bond at risk to yourself. Sammi tried to help Aziza by grabbing her and making a run for it, getting hurt and stuck in the process.
+1 XP for +1 HX to Luca bringing him to +4. At the end she thinks she might have finally understood him. Maybe. HX with luca reduced to +0

Setting up a new HX bond with Aziza.

Final XP+5 = 3/12XP
Level up achieved!

+1 to WIS. WIS now +0 (10)

New Move: Something, Something, Something, Teamwork!

As long as you have at least 1 Imagination you can team up with your Monster. When you and your Monster combine your efforts together. Add +Control to your roll. However, no matter what happens Monsters are not subtle creatures and even if you succeed something always goes hilariously or dangerously wrong

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 28, 2016

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Woah, I forgot a whole bit from that post, adding it in soon.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

quote:

Also: I noticed that doing moves for my forms was a little awkward.
Would you rather I just come up with fitting animal moves myself rather than wait for you to come up with them?
How about this. When you first turn into something new, state what in particular you hope to achieve. I'll give you one move for that, one other that seems fitting to the animal, plus one more off the wall one, like the rat's "find cheese." I heard someone else do it like that and it sounds good.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Jvie posted:

How about this. When you first turn into something new, state what in particular you hope to achieve. I'll give you one move for that, one other that seems fitting to the animal, plus one more off the wall one, like the rat's "find cheese." I heard someone else do it like that and it sounds good.

I like it!

E: another thought that occurs to me. This is a big old fantasy world, there's probably lots of really weird but otherwise mundane animals out there, wouldn't there be some cool ones in the Great Forest too?

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Mar 29, 2016

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

I'd say so. If you can describe some weird creature I'm certainly happy you with using it's form.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Jvie posted:

I'd say so. If you can describe some weird creature I'm certainly happy you with using it's form.

Haha :can:

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Infinite Oregano posted:

Also... are you sure you want to do this? It might be better to just retroactively not have this occur if you're going to keep on trucking with the rest of the game while something like this is happening that can fundamentally change everything else that comes after. It just seems like a bad idea and more work for everyone. I mean I haven't really looked at what's happening in the present right now because it'll be pointless until this has been resolved.

I was maybe hasty in posting the arrival to the tower, but I didn't want to keep Error 404 waiting while others still posted about the trip. I had hoped that the other scenes would have wrapped up quickly but now I don't want to pressure Vulpes Vulpes or Arashiofordo3 to quit if they still find the conversation Sammi and Desiderio have interesting. I certainly do. I'm not sure what others find appealing in Traditional RPGs but for me the roleplaying and interactions between players are the reason I'm not playing a computer strategy game instead. In Play by Post interactions that rely on responses from particular person, like conversations, can take long but I still don't want to discourage them. On the other hand making everyone else wait isn't good either, so I'd like to be able to continue on at a reasonable pace.
I don't want to pressure Vulpes Vulpes and Arashiofordo3 to cut anything short if the are having fun, bit I think I'll go on with the scene at the tower, and also give Neram a way out of his situation.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Imagine 4 dice on the edge of a cliff...

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

You have just introduced Zybourne Clock into my brainstorming process, and no matter what I try it won't go away.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

This, my dear Sammi, is the Katikeram clock.

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
Hey, sorry for not posting, I didn't actually notice this game started up again until recently. I'm doing some job hunting right now and am pretty busy, but since we have been in this game so long, I'm going to try to set aside just a bit of time each week to check in and make a post.

I'm going to read what I've misses and play it from there.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Its all right. Nice to hear from you again. You are just in time for a fresh scene but don't let the game bother your job hunt.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Right, finished making my edits. It also includes my reaction to Jvie's most recent post. Which I'm going to move that section to a new post, because there's no reason not too and it'll stop it being confusing.

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

Jvie posted:

I was maybe hasty in posting the arrival to the tower, but I didn't want to keep Error 404 waiting while others still posted about the trip. I had hoped that the other scenes would have wrapped up quickly but now I don't want to pressure Vulpes Vulpes or Arashiofordo3 to quit if they still find the conversation Sammi and Desiderio have interesting. I certainly do. I'm not sure what others find appealing in Traditional RPGs but for me the roleplaying and interactions between players are the reason I'm not playing a computer strategy game instead. In Play by Post interactions that rely on responses from particular person, like conversations, can take long but I still don't want to discourage them. On the other hand making everyone else wait isn't good either, so I'd like to be able to continue on at a reasonable pace.
I don't want to pressure Vulpes Vulpes and Arashiofordo3 to cut anything short if the are having fun, bit I think I'll go on with the scene at the tower, and also give Neram a way out of his situation.

I appreciate that and 'quiet' conversation is fine (as quiet as Desiderio can be) it's just with Neram's conversation it's way more dramatic. I reckon that the house blowing up is something that might dramatically affect the future, after all! :v:

Edit: Furthermore are we facing an Vaporwave Elemental? :v:

Infinite Oregano fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Mar 31, 2016

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Infinite Oregano posted:

Edit: Furthermore are we facing an Vaporwave Elemental? :v:

Nah, he doesn't have half of this guy's style

or hair.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

In retrospect my latest update is boring. I'm going to fast forward a bit.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Will post tonight! Sorry!

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

I'm not sure I can keep posting.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Everything okay?

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

There's been some more health issues in the family. I'm afraid elfgames are on hold for now.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Take care of your business man, fantasy nerd foolishness has nothing on real life. Godspeed.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Yeah go take care of your family dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

Yeah, that sort of business is way more important than elfgames.

• Locked thread