Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I want the basketball knowledge to seep into my brain, is all :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remember
Nov 23, 2006
8 teams out of 2xx have come back from 3-1, none of those have been in the NBA finals. Yes Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are great players but the other 2 guys on the court with them aren't always. They also do not play 48 minutes. The odds are against them.

hellzno
Jan 15, 2008

Primo
Lebron got that Wayne Rooney hair (pre hair plugs)

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Kawhi playing for the title on Father's Day, on the six year anniversary of his father's death :smith:

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

illcendiary posted:

Kawhi playing for the title on Father's Day, on the six year anniversary of his father's death :smith:

why do I care more about Kawhi's feelings more than members of my own family?

rhetorical question, don't answer pls

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

When the image is new, the world is new.

illcendiary posted:

Is this true? Wow.

I really really like Kawhi.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Bachelard rear end posted:

Is this true? Wow.

Leonard's father, Mark, was shot and killed at a Compton hand car wash he owned on January 18, 2008.[23][24]

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Lessail posted:

I'd like to know why you think it might happen. Is it really just because of those three great players or do you think Spo will make the right adjustments? I'm not arguing either way as I'd like to see the Heat get out of this funk (if it is indeed one) and make it a close series.

Because they've already won a game in San Antonio, Lebron could go into fuckit mode and take over a game and the Heat are a really good basketball team.

Will they win the series? I wouldn't bet on it. The Spurs just outmatch them overall from top to bottom and some of their role players are playing at all star levels right now, but I won't count out a six or seven game series just yet.

Reminds me of the Patriots and the Giants. The Patriots were the better and flashier team on paper both years but the Giants just matched up with them too perfectly those two games.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

Leonard's father, Mark, was shot and killed at a Compton hand car wash he owned on January 18, 2008.[23][24]

Ah crap, Twitter fooled me

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Professor Funk posted:

:smith:

Kawhi owns.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Chinatown posted:

:smith:

Kawhi owns.

On Sunday Kawhi drops the game winning three as time expires, stands there and points to the sky, you can only see him and the background of fans (and a dejected Lebron walking off the court) and a moment later is tackled by teammates in celebration as the screen fades to black.

"Happy Fathers Day from the NBA."

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Cole posted:

Reminds me of the Patriots and the Giants. The Patriots were the better and flashier team on paper both years but the Giants just matched up with them too perfectly those two games.

Outside of Lebron, are the Heat even the better team on paper?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Swagger Dagger posted:

They were last year. I am not going to comment on this year because it is damaging to the point I was making.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

Bachelard rear end posted:

Is this true? Wow.

too bad he dont like you

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

Swagger Dagger posted:

gently caress no

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Swagger Dagger posted:

Thinking about it, it really amazes me how much the heat regresses this year. They just aren't as dominating as they were last year when Lebron isn't manhandling everything.

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

When the image is new, the world is new.

Twat McTwatterson posted:

too bad he dont like you

you dont know that mctwatterson

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Cole posted:

Thinking about it, it really amazes me how much the heat regresses this year. They just aren't as dominating as they were last year when Lebron isn't manhandling everything.

Battier is worse and Mike Miller left the team. Spurs are better this season than last.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Spacebump posted:

Battier is worse and Mike Miller left the team. Spurs are better this season than last.

The Mike Miller thing has been huge, frankly

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Spacebump posted:

Wade seems to be a lot more broken this year than in the past as well, or maybe I'm misremembering?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Spurs upgraded at Diaw having another year in the system, Manu playing less minutes in the regular season, Bellineli taking the third wing spot, and Mills being an upgrade at everything Gary Neal was, not to mention improvements in Splitter to stay on the floor because last year the Heat forced the Spurs to stay small for most of the series.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Cole posted:

Wade seems to be a lot more broken this year than in the past as well, or maybe I'm misremembering?

He looked like he couldn't jump at all this game, which is obviously Not Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

illcendiary posted:

The Mike Miller thing has been huge, frankly

They have gotten enough out of Rashard Lewis, you just can't keep getting away with bad rebounding and no rim protecting and then playing a defensive style that tires out your team and is a bad matchup against motion.

Lebron scored 19 in the third quarter and Miami still got outscored by 5.

• Locked thread