Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torka
Jan 5, 2008

it's amazing how much the general deterioration of your body accelerates post-30, even if you do everything right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

it seems like only yesterday I could just skip an entire day of sleep and not feel that bad, now losing even a few hours feels like death

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

like it starts to become real obvious that nature never intended us to live this long

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
i honestly have lots of energy and virility despite being 32 and i attribute this mostly to my worldview

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Kyrie eleison posted:

i honestly have lots of energy and virility despite being 32 and i attribute this mostly to my worldview

denial.txt

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Torka posted:

denial.txt

i was miserable in my 20s

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Torka posted:

it seems like only yesterday I could just skip an entire day of sleep and not feel that bad, now losing even a few hours feels like death

Unless you have cancer, you're supposed to need less sleep when you're older.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

ausgezeichnet posted:

I just turned 50 a couple of weeks ago. Report back when you turn 45 - that's when everything starts turning to poo poo.

well tbh by the time 45 rolls around for me we'll probably have robot bodies or clones of a younger version of your body with consciousness transfers and poo poo

or at the very least jetpacks

ausgezeichnet
Sep 18, 2005

In my country this is definitely not offensive!
Nap Ghost

Drunk & Ugly posted:

whats it like friend? cradle me in your strong 50 year old arms and tell me there is nothing to worry about

Honestly the 30's are the best age. Generally, you have stability and some money to spend on important, fun stuff and as long as you aren't burdened by kids you can have a rocking good time before your body starts to gently caress you over. Even the early 40's are pretty cool if you take decent care of yourself. After that, there are too many maladies waiting to attack that it's tough to escape them. I'm actually pretty satisfied and hopeful about retiring some day and working because I want to, not have to.

A misanthrope posted:

What's it like being so close to death? Do vultures follow you around?

No vultures, but the shadow of the reaper is occasionally visible in the corner of my eye. It's not like I'm as old as Genesplicer. :corsair:

The Brown Menace posted:

well tbh by the time 45 rolls around for me we'll probably have robot bodies or clones of a younger version of your body with consciousness transfers and poo poo

I was promised jet packs 30 years ago. It was a loving lie. Major disappointment.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

The Brown Menace posted:

Yeah but that poo poo will only be available to the super rich, creating a race of immortal demi-gods who will place their robotic boots firmly on the necks of the poor and never, ever let up.

Sorry about your optimism.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

So do you have wizard powers yet OP?

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
wow this is super depressing i wish i was never born

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

A misanthrope posted:

Yeah but that poo poo will only be available to the super rich, creating a race of immortal demi-gods who will place their robotic boots firmly on the necks of the poor and never, ever let up.

Sorry about your optimism.

more like sorry about your poverty

stay safe, poverty journo

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Sinking Ship posted:

So do you have wizard powers yet OP?

Wizard? No I just wear long robes because I worship Satan. Easy mistake to make, no worries.

The Brown Menace posted:

more like sorry about your poverty

stay safe, poverty journo

*cries like a poor, poor bitch*

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

The Brown Menace posted:

We've had jetpacks since before I was born. They just suck. Max flight time is less than 30 seconds. Fuel is expensive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jetpack

Flying cars have been around a good, long time as well, and we still don't have them in common usage. Good thing, too. I've seen the way most people drive. I'd really wouldn't want them flying over my house.

I'm guessing the government is behind the conspiracy to keep us from getting flying cars.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

For many sports athletes peak in their low 30s.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

etalian posted:

For many sports athletes peak in their low 30s.

yeah but that has to do with experience and an acquired game sense I think. If you could take that 32 year old brain and put it in a 22 year old body I think that would be the ultimate

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

For the love of god also avoid things like tanning beds and going outside without adequate sun protection in your 20s, skin damage is one the easiest way to look older.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

Happy Birthday op. I hope you had a nice dinner and pleasant evening or plan to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Sanzuo posted:

Happy Birthday op. I hope you had a nice dinner and pleasant evening or plan to.

Thank you! I had steak and it almost took my mind off the proximity of death.

genesplicer posted:

We've had jetpacks since before I was born. They just suck. Max flight time is less than 30 seconds. Fuel is expensive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jetpack

Flying cars have been around a good, long time as well, and we still don't have them in common usage. Good thing, too. I've seen the way most people drive. I'd really wouldn't want them flying over my house.

I'm guessing the government is behind the conspiracy to keep us from getting flying cars.

I would also like a hoverboard, though.

• Locked thread