Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
Beat 14

Tatsumi Nuoc & Juto
Life: 16
Discard 1: Empathic Strike
Discard 2: Wave Dash
Finisher: Guardian Xandjinn
Counters: 3 Familiar
Token Pool: Empty

Lord Cairngort Rexan
Life: 3
Discard 1: Unyielding Grasp
Discard 2: Devastating Drive
Finisher: Black Eclipse

Tatsumi wins by forfeit!

Sefer fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jul 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
Okay, I don't think there's any way for me to win in 2 beats, so I'm going to throw in the towel. Very good game, Wolery!

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Good game!

I'm curious about what you thought about Tatsumi and the options she had in this matchup. I felt like Siren was the main thing you had to worry about, since it basically reads "dump curses for free", but I'm not sure whether or not that's on the mark. For my part, I was a pretty big non-fan of Overlord's and Malediction whenever they were available and made absolutely certain to work around them. Overall, though, I'm not sure how I feel about Rexan as a character. He has the movement and damage of a heavyweight, but I never really felt at any time like I was just going to have to suck down a big hit with no recourse. Maybe that's more because of Tatsumi than Rexan though? I dunno, how have you found your other matches with him (if any)?

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
Yeah, I was pretty much in fear of Siren the entire match. It's a nuts style by itself; free stun with priority! I feel like this was a bad matchup for Rexan. I've played him once before against Ottavia and won pretty handily (though that was an in-person game and I feel like I do better in those). It feels like he's just too slow and doesn't have enough maneuverability against Tatsumi. Overlord's and Devastating seem like his best styles, but both have drawbacks that are easily circumvented, usually to the tune of "I move away". Also the addition of Juto is kind of a headache. Every beat is going to the first page and going, "Okay, Juto is here...what does that mean again?"

So yeah, I think Tatsumi is the better character in this matchup, but I also think I was just outplayed. :v:

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
Tatsumi wins by forfeit! Congratulations, Wolery!

Beats, for easy reference:
Beat 1
Beat 2
Beat 3
Beat 4
Beat 5
Beat 6
Beat 7
Beat 8
Beat 9
Beat 10
Beat 11