Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I checked out on this comic while it was still in black and white, only half-heartedly following the ongoing developments through this thread. I am sad to see it go because I enjoyed the thread.

I am also totally baffled that any kind of audience stuck it out past 'Lord Boy'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
After lord boy it became a comedy comic.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Lord boy was where I realized the artist and the author were not communicating anymore. He was just filling in word bubbles to drawings she had emailed him while working on their other obligations.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Lord boy was where I realized the artist and the author were not communicating anymore. He was just filling in word bubbles to drawings she had emailed him while working on their other obligations.

that would be a better comic

imagine that comic where an artist is just drawing out a story and sending it to a writer and never ever checks on what the writer is writing

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

That's how Jack Kirby and Stan Lee did comics. It's also why half the time Jean Grey is doing psychic things there's inexplicably Professor X riding psychic shotgun and yelling at her, which is just, come on Stan.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
the art or writing in her own projects isnt any better

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Hogge Wild posted:

the art or writing in her own projects isnt any better
I saw a graphic novel that she had done and can confirm; it isn't like the weird teacup or the mental cityscape are some kind of low-effort outliers. That's just her art and how she does things.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

NorgLyle posted:

I saw a graphic novel that she had done and can confirm; it isn't like the weird teacup or the mental cityscape are some kind of low-effort outliers. That's just her art and how she does things.

yeah, in a year or two she's going to draw dominic deegan-like flounder faces

e: maybe she should go see doctors to check if she has alzheimers or something, she used to be able to draw human like figures, and had a grasp of perspective

Hogge Wild fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Nov 3, 2018

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Joe Slowboat posted:

That's how Jack Kirby and Stan Lee did comics. It's also why half the time Jean Grey is doing psychic things there's inexplicably Professor X riding psychic shotgun and yelling at her, which is just, come on Stan.

To be fair, the original premise of Jean Grey's powers was that she was just telekinetic rather than telepathic as well, because that would be enough for most people.

More notably, John Byrne quit drawing X-Men because Chris Claremont kept doing his own thing over Byrne's art. https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/how-drawing-colossus-made-legendary-artist-quit-x-men-comics

Honestly the writer of SFP seems as checked-out as the artist on the whole thing, from how all of the old plot threads and themes were dropped in favor of some dull, boring treading water and cheap plots. They're both responsible for seeing the poo poo they have made and deciding that it really needs to go on further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

We could just make Clevin jokes forever in here

or marvel at how megatokyo still exists over and over for eternity

hmm. Mega Tokyo.... Mega Girl...

• Locked thread