Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how great was the united states win
so good
so great
USA
USA
USA
View Results

• Locked thread
Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Cena talking about the odds. Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

I was showing WWE to a friend who hadn't watched in years tonight.

:v: : Cena's going to win this one
:downs: : Why?
:v: : Because he's Cena

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Its done

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cody took it all too far tonight.

But boy could he play guitar.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

You should have had the subtitle about it being written in the stars.

Edit: [JOBBING INTENSIFIES]

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Welcome to being correct.

Well I guess Seth is a Paul Heyman guy now, in spirit.

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012
I wasn't really paying attention to the main event but it seemed like a pretty standard CENA WINZ that'd be a house show main event or something.

Decent show, got to see a horrendous vomit segment.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Heyman just shooting on everyone on post-show.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Motherfuckers we saw the rise of Gold Star and Jeans Ambrose what more do you want?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Shima Honnou posted:

Welcome to being correct.

Well I guess Seth is a Paul Heyman guy now, in spirit.

That would make more sense than getting absolutely nothing out of being the Authority's stooge for reasons that don't seem to extend beyond "I'm bored, and was curious about what it'd be like to be hunted for sport."

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shima Honnou posted:

Heyman just shooting on everyone on post-show.

What'd he say, I missed it.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
I missed Raw and was avoiding spoilers, but when I saw the Match of the Year thread was bumped I was like "oh neat I wonder what cool match Raw had".

:smith:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Whoever makes the next discussion thread, the correct title is "The Fault in Our Stardust."

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Landstander posted:

I missed Raw and was avoiding spoilers, but when I saw the Match of the Year thread was bumped I was like "oh neat I wonder what cool match Raw had".

:smith:

Raw had a bunch of cool matches but none of which were worthy of nominations except the really lovely one at the end.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

SamuraiFoochs posted:

What'd he say, I missed it.

As they were gearing up to go off the air he just started ranting about everyone and about how it was a bad idea to do the pre/post shows and how everyone there sucks and poo poo.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Writer Cath posted:

That would make more sense than getting absolutely nothing out of being the Authority's stooge for reasons that don't seem to extend beyond "I'm bored, and was curious about what it'd be like to be hunted for sport."

I was going to ask, since I missed the first hour, was there any motivation given to Seth's turn? I thought for sure that he'd be put in the MitB as the carrot so I was a little surprised when that spot went to Roman Reigns poisoning someone.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

STAC Goat posted:

I was going to ask, since I missed the first hour, was there any motivation given to Seth's turn? I thought for sure that he'd be put in the MitB as the carrot so I was a little surprised when that spot went to Roman Reigns poisoning someone.

Generic greed, boredom and wanting all of the sweet (nothing) perks that come with being part of the Authority.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

STAC Goat posted:

My hope is Reigns murders ADR in their match so ADR has to be replaced with Seth.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

TEGGS posted:

My hope is Reigns murders ADR in their match so ADR has to be replaced with Seth.

That's a good way to actually get ADR out if the match. He got in when it was just for the case, right?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They're probably going to do Seth vs Dean instead.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Writer Cath posted:

Generic greed, boredom and wanting all of the sweet (nothing) perks that come with being part of the Authority.

Yeah, I get the generic greed and narcissism. I was just wondering if they've paid lip service to any "perks" yet since that seems like a no brainer. As you seemed to imply, otherwise he just kind of comes off like an idiot who made some enemies so he could be an Authority stooge. Dude didn't even get in the battle royal tonight.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Writer Cath posted:

I know we make jokes about The Authority being impotent but the idea that there are no kayfabe perks to it is so silly. Also Rollins clearly explained his motivations three times last week.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I get the generic greed and narcissism. I was just wondering if they've paid lip service to any "perks" yet since that seems like a no brainer. As you seemed to imply, otherwise he just kind of comes off like an idiot who made some enemies so he could be an Authority stooge. Dude didn't even get in the battle royal tonight.

As an Authority member, Vicki Guerrero has to bring you coffee.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'd put that one safely in the "Con" column.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I know we make jokes about The Authority being impotent but the idea that there are no kayfabe perks to it is so silly. Also Rollins clearly explained his motivations three times last week.

Again, vague motivation is fine. I was just asking if the first hour revealed he reaped any tangible rewards, even if just in lip service.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

They're probably going to do Seth vs Dean instead.

Oh that's a definite, but I can still dream.

I think the ladder match actually works better without Seth anyway since now you've got everyone with their own agendas instead of a stacked Authority deck.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

STAC Goat posted:

Again, vague motivation is fine. I was just asking if the first hour revealed he reaped any tangible rewards, even if just in lip service.

The speech he gave Michael Cole didn't really allude to the idea of rewards or tangible benefits. He just betrayed them because they were nothing without him and he wanted to take his career to the next level without the dead weight. Typical "Four Horsemen break up," type stuff. Nobody ever even brought up him getting a title shot or anything for doing it, it was a Cut The Dead Weight angle.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I thought there was pretty obvious implication of not outright statement in all the "I didn't sell out, I bought in" and Triple H's Plan B stuff. I thought their clear story was that Triple H made him an offer. Otherwise the timing and context doesn't make a ton of sense to me. Why is he an Authority stooge right down to helping Kane try and beat Cena if he didn't get something?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Perhaps his reward was a lifetime supply of one-quarter-full bottles of blonde hair dye?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Shima Honnou posted:

Perhaps his reward was a lifetime supply of one-quarter-full bottles of blonde hair dye?

I really hope that this is the written in reason. Down the line we have Rollins do a promo in his locker room and in his locker is a box that just says "BLOND DYE 36pk QUARTERFILLED". I'll die a happy man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

I'd put that one safely in the "Con" column.

Oh, my bad buddy. I thought you were stating it as a bad thing rather than just a curiosity. Sorry if I came off hostile or anything. :shobon:

• Locked thread