Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Gibbo posted:

Capcom happened. X7 and x8 happened. They went 3d, tried to introduce an aggravating teenage character, and sucked.

Yeah as much as I liked the X games, especially 1-3 (Even X4-6 were at least fun) I wouldn't touch X7 or 8 with a ten foot pole simply based on screenshots. I've never played the games but they look absolutely horrible.

At least I have MMX corrupted to look forward to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AXVrJ0oqqE

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jun 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Yeah as much as I liked the X games, especially 1-3 (Even X4-6 were at least fun) I wouldn't touch X7 or 8 with a ten foot pole simply based on screenshots. I've never played the games but they look absolutely horrible.

Mega Man X8 (and I guess X7 as well) look a million times better than X6 in my opinion. I can't believe a game with spritework that bad came out of Capcom of all companies.

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye
X7 is fun in a trainwreck, Sonic '06 kind of way. It's absolutely awful but I still had a lot of fun streaming it, because it just keeps finding new ways to be terrible. Also the voice acting is hilariously bad.
X8 is overrated and the stages are a bit too gimmicky, but it's still pretty good.
X1 and X4 are the highlights of the X series, but X2 and X3 are great games too.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Waterfall of Salt posted:

X7 is fun in a trainwreck, Sonic '06 kind of way. It's absolutely awful but I still had a lot of fun streaming it, because it just keeps finding new ways to be terrible. Also the voice acting is hilariously bad.
X8 is overrated and the stages are a bit too gimmicky, but it's still pretty good.
X1 and X4 are the highlights of the X series, but X2 and X3 are great games too.

So it sounds like you only need Megaman Collection and megaman X Collection and you have all the good and worthy MM games.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Gibbo posted:

It wasn't a BoF game because it didn't suck. For a long time, BoF 2 and 3 were among my favourite JRPGS. Then I stopped being a manchild.

Dragon Quarter was the closest thing to a new IP capcom had done in a long long time. If they hadn't branded it as a breath of fire game, it probably would have done better instead of being directly compared to something it wasn't trying to be.

This is turning into the "Dragon quarter was a good game. Really." thread.

Well I really do enjoy such passive aggressive bullshit. Calling someone else's preference in a game series as being a "manchild" is totally uncalled for.

Also the second sentence is exactly why it shouldn't have been a Breath of Fire game. It divided the fan base in such a negative way that we didn't get a new BoF game until recently on the mobile aps

I didn't say it wasn't a decent game, but that it wasn't really a Breath of Fire game. It's a good roguelike but not a good breath of fire game. It's betrayed a lot of the staples that people loved about the original.

Anyway without diving further into it: 1) Never said it was a bad game, 2) Having different opinions on games isn't a bad thing, 3) Yes if it was a new game and not under the BoF game it would have been better received.

Waterfall of Salt posted:

In the Sonic 06 kind of way? I don't think so. The game isn't anywhere as poorly programmed. The game is just not fun. What makes X7 bad and what makes Sonic 06 bad are two different things. Sonic 06 is a broken piece of software because of the physics they tried to put into the game. No two playthroughs will be the same because of it, nor the bugs seen be. X7 is just a horrible mess of mediocrity.

Zain fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jun 19, 2014

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The only thing anyone should ever have to do with X7 is to listen to its pretty bitchin' soundtrack. For all the rest of that game's many, many faults, it at least has one of the best, maybe even the best, soundtrack in the X series.

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010
So can I still buy Capcom, or am I just not going to see another Gotcha Force game ever again?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

So it sounds like you only need Megaman Collection and megaman X Collection and you have all the good and worthy MM games.

The Inti-Creates games are pretty good too, maybe excluding MM10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

SALT CURES HAM posted:

The new Devil May Cry sold like poo poo because of loving insane amounts of bad PR, not because nobody likes DMC (all the games up to and including DMC4 were successful).

Point of order here: it still sold over a million copies. It sold less than Capcom had hoped but a million copies is still somewhere in the vicinity of a success.

Remember Me and Lost Planet 3 are the most noteworthy underperformers in Capcom's recent catalog. Meanwhile, DR3 sold 1.2 million as an Xbone exclusive and Monster Hunter 4 is apparently the sixth best-selling Capcom title of all time.

• Locked thread