Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

In as EvilBillMurray. Let's see how this goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
I like quirky games and fishing, why not both!
In under Mr_Bait

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
How is the fishing mechanic in this game? I like good minigames that have good fishing mechanics could be a way to unwind. Still bizarre there's an MMO around only fishing, but I've seen weirder.

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
The fishing doesn't seem to be too bad. I was having some troubles earlier today with it randomly shutting down due to some memory access problem, but tonight it seems to be working fine.
The game is free and seems to be pretty open without having to pay anything, so I'm happy trying it out so far.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

This game is insanely kind for free to play. You can get better versions of cash shop rods and reels as random drops from boss fish. And the shell exchange stuff is way better than the cash shop stuff. Like I got a level 18 Anglers rod up to +5 and it's as good as the level 25 rods. It's pretty great not having to upgrade my equipment for 10 levels.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
wow I didn't even know you could upgrade your current items. Was kind of confused why I had to wait so long to get better equipment.

Seems pretty easy to pull a fish in though. All you need to do is stay in the red for max hp and can usually reel anything in in under a minute. Though I'm only level 10...

Ostego
Dec 6, 2003
HARRRRRRRr
Hey cool! I'm in charge of this game. I'm Orlus at GamesCampus. Sorry I haven't been more active here nor on the Game forums, I'm in charge of 3 other games that have been taking most of my resources. We should be releasing an increased level cap and the Mediterranean Zones by end of Summer. Haven't logged into the SA forums in years only to discover this thread.

El Generico, send me a DQA that mentions SA Forums and your user name and I'll give you a coupon for a bit of CC for your guild mates to use as they come in.

Neat!

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
That's pretty awesome, Thanks for doing that Ostego.
Edit: BTW, would it be possible to make it so you can add somebody as a friend without them being online?
Double edit: Also is there more than one person that can invite to the goon group? I think I keep missing the times when El Generico is online :negative:

Eryxias fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jul 23, 2014

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

hahaha holy poo poo

Ostego
Dec 6, 2003
HARRRRRRRr

Eryxias posted:

That's pretty awesome, Thanks for doing that Ostego.
Edit: BTW, would it be possible to make it so you can add somebody as a friend without them being online?
Double edit: Also is there more than one person that can invite to the goon group? I think I keep missing the times when El Generico is online :negative:

I've asked about the Friend adding both across channels and offline. Since we're a publisher and not a developer, I send the requests and hope they can make the change. So I can't say for certain it will change.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
Holy poo poo, I guess I've been neglecting this a bit. I'll hop on now. Sorry!

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
Yay! So it appears they fixed the log in issue with the game not starting up, if you patch the client everything should be up and running now!
Btw, what time zones are most people playing in? I've been off an on during the day PST and haven't seen many(if any) people online.

Eryxias fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jul 30, 2014

funbar
Jan 1, 2008
Well, this game does live up to its title, because I have no idea world tour fishing is going on with my character.
I hit level 25 and instead of experience I was getting 'LP', only my LP amount never visibly increased. Also, I couldn't visit SEA anymore.
Assuming it was because I hadn't completed all my story quests yet, I started going through them. All the while not visibly gaining any experience or LP.
As I'm going through my story quests, I go up a level to 26 and am visibly gaining regular experience again. :wtf:
Now I can actually go to the SEA map but not to any fishing spots there, so I get a quest that says I can buy a 'Southeast Asia 1 Area License' from a merchant NPC in Korea.
The license is not there. It's not at another merchant. It's not anywhere.
So I guess I'm stuck in Japan/Korea forever.
Anyone else experience something like this?

funbar fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 3, 2014

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
I haven't encountered it but it's either a bug or a forgotten quest. Double check all of your quests and all of the previous zones and see if you can come up with one of the storylines.
For anybody else playing, I'd suggest doing all of the normal quests in each zone then move on, by the time you get to the next area you will be well ahead of where you need to be and the harder things aren't too bad, and never forget the story quests.

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
This fishman game is just another excuse for me not to go do the real thing; it's stupid fun. In as Filipino_Retiree.

Pizzagate Pedophile
Mar 2, 2013

by Lowtax
Will apply as doobiedawg in a couple of hours.

Pizzagate Pedophile fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Aug 6, 2014

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.
this looks like stupid fun

cant wait to hate it, in as sa_wino

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
I'll be transferring guild ownership over to the much more active Eryxias pretty soon, and updating the OP however he wants it. I'm still kind of playing but only just barely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
Thanks Generico!

I believe everyone who was on the pending list has been accepted, though I didn't see WonderfulWho(SA_Wino) on the list, but then the transfer takes about a day or something to complete.

BTW, I found this Wiki page that helps quite a bit with catching some of the fish that don't quite match up with what the quests say or are a bit rare.
It will also show if you have to catch in a particular pool as well.
It's a Japanese site but written in somewhat decent english: http://seesaawiki.jp/wtf/

• Locked thread