Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cams
Mar 28, 2003

babypolis posted:

libertarians

you can tell its completely ideological cuz its a 3 parter, the first one bombed and the second one bombed even harder. no one who cares about making money would go for a part 3 at that point

quote:

"...crowdfunding represents a new, high-tech way of going Galt." - Nick Gillespie, Editor, Reason.tv

quote:

"...crowdfunding represents a new, high-tech way of going Galt." - Nick Gillespie, Editor, Reason.tv

quote:

quote:

quote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I think Anthem could have made for a pretty decent movie. Atlas Shrugged? Jesus christ no

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Emanuel Collective posted:

reminder that the guy who sang the Pokemon theme song is a diehard libertarian and did this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVjfa0Alz5o

This is a parody right no one could sincer--

quote:

May 4, 2012The Pokemon theme is a perfect song for the Ron Paul Revolution, as he racks up the delegates. Almost all the original lyrics fit as is. I Sang the original theme song in 1998 and thought this would be a great update on a classic. Share if you care. There are MILLIONS of Pokemon fans who'll join the revolution. Go Ron Paul!

:catstare:

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

MY POSTS ARE REAL RETARDED, SIR

babypolis posted:

libertarians

you can tell its completely ideological cuz its a 3 parter, the first one bombed and the second one bombed even harder. no one who cares about making money would go for a part 3 at that point

you can make movies, but with bitcoins

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

every single thing about that statement is wrong, i mean drat thats some grade a concentrared stupidity

TheBlackPharaoh
May 8, 2007

Daedra posted:

I don't even know what atlas shrugged is about :cool:

Its the story of how jon galt got his traps swole as hell and improved his grip at the same time, all natty too.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I'm going to become the new age Ayn Rand for the libertarians. I'm already a man so i got that bit down.

E:

I can make money off them right?

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Jun 20, 2014

HalPhilipWalker
Feb 14, 2008
Does Christmas smell like oranges to you?

Al Borland posted:

I think they would be offended if you didn't.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

dad gay. so what posted:

suck my balls, OP

gargle them

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Al Borland posted:

I'm going to become the new age Ayn Rand for the libertarians. I'm already a man so i got that bit down.

E:

Making money off libertarians is pretty easy, just put together a few "End the..." and then one of the following:

Nanny State
Fed
Food stamps program
Obama Presidency
Subsidies on alternate energy
War on Drugs
War on Poverty
War on Crime
Civil Rights Act
Gay Rights Movement
Roe v. Wade ruling
corporate tax rate
Estate Tax

Enjoy your millions and millions of totally earned dollars as you are a capitalist superman.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn48_9C7tbY

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

babypolis posted:

i really wish i knew how ayn rand was so succesful despite being terrible at everything, from interpersonal relationships to philosophy to writing. she really must have had an incredible force of will or something

She was apparently very charismatic with her the way she spoke. Much like Adolf Hitler or David Koresh, (Godwin, I know, but it's a good example here) her influence came not from actual intellect or understanding, but in giving the impression of it to others. Absolute steadfast belief in your worldview has shown itself time and again ti be very persuasive, even if based on absolute fabrications and rationalizations. In short, she was a cult leader, whose worship of selfishness and greed attracts those who want to feel good about being terrible people.

Sadly a great many of them turned out to be in the finance sector

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ayn rand died broke and on welfare

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Lazyfire posted:

Making money off libertarians is pretty easy, just put together a few "End the..." and then one of the following:

Nanny State
Fed
Food stamps program
Obama Presidency
Subsidies on alternate energy
War on Drugs
War on Poverty
War on Crime
Civil Rights Act
Gay Rights Movement
Roe v. Wade ruling
corporate tax rate
Estate Tax

Enjoy your millions and millions of totally earned dollars as you are a capitalist superman.

Making money off Leftists is pretty easy, just put together some key words like "people", "workers", "oppressors" and people will make you supreme dictator for life.

Enjoy being able to kill, enslave, and oppress all of your citizens on a whim living in the lap of luxury and people even decades later will defend the gently caress out of you.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Making money off Leftists is pretty easy, just put together some key words like "people", "workers", "oppressors" and people will make you supreme dictator for life.

Enjoy being able to kill, enslave, and oppress all of your citizens on a whim living in the lap of luxury and people even decades later will defend the gently caress out of you.

Painting a bit broad with the 'leftist' designation there but alright

relevant : http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3634476&pagenumber=24&perpage=40

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Hobohemian posted:

Wait, if it's a trilogy based on that one book, wouldn't the 3rd half just be that 180 minute monologue? Who needs to be cast other than a John Galt that doesn't get drymouth?

So Marco Rubio is definitely out then.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ive actually read all of ayn rands books because i used to be retarded (well im still retarded) but it always amuses me that these rightwing conservatives talk about how much they love atlas shrugged because half of it is such an extremely vicious rant against christianity that it would make richard dawkins blush

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

i cant believe pewdiepie is stupid

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

babypolis posted:

i really wish i knew how ayn rand was so succesful despite being terrible at everything, from interpersonal relationships to philosophy to writing. she really must have had an incredible force of will or something

It's because of her accent. Americans make fun of Europe, but deep down they all want to suck the cock of somebody talking dirty to them with an european accent.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jew Macklemore posted:

Libertarians are basically the dumbest people alive

most libs are college students who don't know any better. that there's some 80 year old guy who runs his political platform around the ideology is amazing

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I'm really curious to see how they do the speech. Maybe the speech starts and then it's on the radio in the background for the entirety of the film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I'm really curious to see how they do the speech. Maybe the speech starts and then it's on the radio in the background for the entirety of the film.

The speech alone encompasses three CD's in the audiobook. It's nearly 200 minutes long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUa7s3xuqxI

• Locked thread