Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
In this thread, we shall all act stupid. Bonus points will be given for acting ironically stupid, in a subtle way which no one but you will be able to perceive. As no one but you will be able to perceive the difference between real stupidity and your ironic stupidity, you will have to award yourself the points.

This is going to be really, really funny and will never get old, so this thread will reach at least 1000 pages before it finally veers off topic and is gassed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
:firstpost:

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
im the OP

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
I enjoy the company of ethnics

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
i see OP already has this thread taken care of folks, we can just bow out

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
this is a GREAT thread idea. nothing is funnier than passive aggresive criticism.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Oh thank god!

I'm home!

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
voted 5

simple
Apr 11, 2007

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
gently caress anime

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Al Cowens posted:

gently caress anime

i like that your being stupid.

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

*posts normally*

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
hi im capitalism. want a free hand job??

PollosBromanos
May 18, 2012
Goddammit I was gonna post this thread

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I voted for Bush.

TWICE

(oh god no i didnt)

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Bible posted:

I voted for Bush.

TWICE

(oh god no i didnt)

did you vote for him once?

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

The Bible posted:

I voted for Bush.

TWICE

(oh god no i didnt)
that's ok, because
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-z2D9lo9-8

Punk Drosting
Aug 27, 2009
Russias military options are actually pretty crappy. If they move into Donbass, they could propably pretty easily steamroll the Ukrainian army + National guard there, and the place would likely to pro Russian enough to make guerillia war against the Russians difficult for Ukrainian nationalists.
However, if they move into Donbass, Seperatists in other areas which are far less seperatist would be emboldened and rise, Odessa, Mariupol etc. In these places, it is quite reasonable to assume that Russian troops would be unwelcome by a plurality/majority of the population, in addition, Kiev would fight hard and "all in" for Odessa in particular.
So, what would the Russian troops that "liberated" Donetsk in this scenario do if Kiev crushes an Odessan uprising? Let the rebels die? Move into Odessa? And what happens next? How are they ever going to get out of Ukraine? Where is the exit plan?
The Russians are basically looking at a pretty drat slippery slope, one that may easily bring them all the way to Lviv which is chock full of Ukrainian Nationalists that loving hate them, or into some pretty good guerillia country in western Ukraine.
The Western leadership meanwhile would let Ukraine burn doing not much directly, while providing the Ukrainian nationalists with aid similiar to what the Mudjahedeen got, and then some.
Getting bogged down with Ukraine would also mean that the terms of an eventual Sino-Russian alliance are going to be even more favorable for China.

What they are doing right now is isolating Kiev from its western backers by simply waiting, and waiting for mistakes in particular.
US has too many commitments elsewhere, and the EU as a whole doesnt care about spiting Russia remotly as much as the USA or Poland does.
Mid term, Kiev authorities are looking at some real "bumps" on their road. Unsuccessfull war in East Ukraine, + austerity measures eventually hitting, + remaining Maidan getting impatient and doing something stupid, + Oligarch-Nationalist coalition eventually fraying for whatever reason. In addition, Winter is eventually coming which will make the Gas side much more influential, and in the Gas conflict, Russia holds all the cards.
If some Right Sector guys think that blowing up Gas pipelines in Ukraine would stop Russia, well, Russia would utterly love it if they do that. This would be a short term economic loss, but a major political and diplomatic gain for the Russian federation. Putin/Russia would take that trade off every day of the week and twice on sundays.
I wouldnt even rule out a Russian false flag on Gas pipelines that blames Right Sector, however, false flags are risky, and why take considerable risks when your enemy will likely do the deed for you? I dont think that Kiev authorities, even if they accurately assess the threat that someone blowing up the pipelines poses to their position, could meaningfully protect these pipelines or actually enforce a "dont blow up pipelines" order throughout all of the paramilitary units.
This means that Kiev authorities situation is going to deteriorate mid term, while Russias is not.

Unless there are serious pressures on Russian leadership (and there basically arent) , they have no reason to make a deal favoring Kiev authorities now, when they could negotiate from considerably improved relative positions in a couple of months.
Sanction wont do much, seriously sanctioning Russia for "Waiting" is not going to be very popular with basically any electorate east of the Atlantic and west of Poland.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

that is the worst rock band I have ever heard

PollosBromanos
May 18, 2012

The Bible posted:

I voted for Bush.

TWICE

(oh god no i didnt)

But did you pray for him?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Is it alright with you if I be stupid in every thread?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

PollosBromanos posted:

But did you pray for him?

Does praying for him to be involved in a plane crash count?

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

Punk Drosting posted:

Russias military options are actually pretty crappy. If they move into Donbass, they could propably pretty easily steamroll the Ukrainian army + National guard there, and the place would likely to pro Russian enough to make guerillia war against the Russians difficult for Ukrainian nationalists.
However, if they move into Donbass, Seperatists in other areas which are far less seperatist would be emboldened and rise, Odessa, Mariupol etc. In these places, it is quite reasonable to assume that Russian troops would be unwelcome by a plurality/majority of the population, in addition, Kiev would fight hard and "all in" for Odessa in particular.
So, what would the Russian troops that "liberated" Donetsk in this scenario do if Kiev crushes an Odessan uprising? Let the rebels die? Move into Odessa? And what happens next? How are they ever going to get out of Ukraine? Where is the exit plan?
The Russians are basically looking at a pretty drat slippery slope, one that may easily bring them all the way to Lviv which is chock full of Ukrainian Nationalists that loving hate them, or into some pretty good guerillia country in western Ukraine.
The Western leadership meanwhile would let Ukraine burn doing not much directly, while providing the Ukrainian nationalists with aid similiar to what the Mudjahedeen got, and then some.
Getting bogged down with Ukraine would also mean that the terms of an eventual Sino-Russian alliance are going to be even more favorable for China.

What they are doing right now is isolating Kiev from its western backers by simply waiting, and waiting for mistakes in particular.
US has too many commitments elsewhere, and the EU as a whole doesnt care about spiting Russia remotly as much as the USA or Poland does.
Mid term, Kiev authorities are looking at some real "bumps" on their road. Unsuccessfull war in East Ukraine, + austerity measures eventually hitting, + remaining Maidan getting impatient and doing something stupid, + Oligarch-Nationalist coalition eventually fraying for whatever reason. In addition, Winter is eventually coming which will make the Gas side much more influential, and in the Gas conflict, Russia holds all the cards.
If some Right Sector guys think that blowing up Gas pipelines in Ukraine would stop Russia, well, Russia would utterly love it if they do that. This would be a short term economic loss, but a major political and diplomatic gain for the Russian federation. Putin/Russia would take that trade off every day of the week and twice on sundays.
I wouldnt even rule out a Russian false flag on Gas pipelines that blames Right Sector, however, false flags are risky, and why take considerable risks when your enemy will likely do the deed for you? I dont think that Kiev authorities, even if they accurately assess the threat that someone blowing up the pipelines poses to their position, could meaningfully protect these pipelines or actually enforce a "dont blow up pipelines" order throughout all of the paramilitary units.
This means that Kiev authorities situation is going to deteriorate mid term, while Russias is not.

Unless there are serious pressures on Russian leadership (and there basically arent) , they have no reason to make a deal favoring Kiev authorities now, when they could negotiate from considerably improved relative positions in a couple of months.
Sanction wont do much, seriously sanctioning Russia for "Waiting" is not going to be very popular with basically any electorate east of the Atlantic and west of Poland.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

that is the worst rock band I have ever heard
well they aren't as good as baha men but there' no shame in being second best

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

What an amazing thread. Really. Pat on the back for you; really just stellar stuff.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

i pooped my pants

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Just posting like I always do.

cZarKastic
Mar 28, 2014

Super Evil Genius Potential

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006
I'm going to go and mess with those scientologists! Be back in an hour!

Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax
*joins SA*

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Hey guys let's start a new forum section based on some lovely in-joke like 'paranormal' or 'snails' or something and then post as much gimmick poo poo in there as possible for like a week or two

Its going to be loving hilarious let's do it four or five times

it will never not be funny

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
*Reads ironically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
:nws:http://i.imgur.com/BUvSrrK.gif:nws: