Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Are blind people as much assholes to deaf people as deaf people are to blind people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
whoa on the first date??

you loving slut

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Well now. These two questions are kind of related and bring us inevitably to 'Fartgate'. For those of you who didn't follow this on the OKCupid thread some months back, the sequence of events as it happened is as follows...

Our first night together we were in bed and I was feeling especially gassy and I thought well shes not going to notice if I fart so I went for it. It turned out to be one of the loudest farts of my life, the duvet shook and birds scattered from trees outside in fright. I was sure she would notice something, but she remained still. Then in the morning she let out a little squeeky one and i teased her about it, of course. She got very embarrassed and apologetic and asked me if i had farted in her presence yet to which I thought for a second and then answered no. Did she know and was that why she asked me? I honestly cant answer that so if she did well we're still together at least.

I routinely drop my pants and boxers and spread my buttchecks and fart directly into my wifes' face. Sometimes, she is doing something, and doesn't even notice me dropping trow, then I call her name, and she turns and all she sees is me smiling over my shoulder and BOOM. I scream out

"Suck Gas Evil-doer"

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

DOES SHE SEE YOUR BUTTHOLE LET LOOSE

whoa sorry caps im kind of excited about the answer but not that excited

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Drunk & Ugly posted:

DOES SHE SEE YOUR BUTTHOLE LET LOOSE

whoa sorry caps im kind of excited about the answer but not that excited

She onetime said she did.

She sat that with a look in her eyes.

I was laughing hysterically, but she just was unmoving. I asked if she was okay, she just looked up at me, deer-in-headlights.

Then she walked past me and into our shower in full clothes and turned it on.

It was a bit odd, I admit.

Her not talking that is, usually she tells me how she is feeling.

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
does she fart during sex? i like to think deaf people fart whenever they want

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

rcman50166 posted:

so because they cant hear they no longer have control of their anuses or what exactly are you thinking

i suppose if they didnt know how retarded farts sound they might do it more

they probably thnk its just like exhaling but lordy no

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

rcman50166 posted:

She farts but the problem is she never knows if it's made a sound or not so she usually gets real guilty and confesses and asks me if I heard it to which I usually say that I did even if I didn't because it gives me future leverage if for instance I was to do a stinker that I couldn't hide.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Judging by the questions you're being asked goon-relationships are broken/made by the farting policy implemented.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Valk posted:

What do you think about chomskian thought and the role of language on the development of thought? Language with clear grammatical rules and structure and the language acquisition device?

what i'm asking is do you think sign language made you deaf girlfriend retarded?

Well given that Chomsky himself abandoned his very own completely hypothetical Language Acquisition Device model in favour of Universal Grammar I don't think there's really much you can say in favour of it. Especially as the main argument in favour of it is that unless children have significant innate knowledge of grammar they would be unable to learn language as quickly as they do, yet my girlfriend began to communicate in sign language at an age when most people have not begun to speak.

What I'm saying is maybe you're the retard?

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

SPACE HOMOS posted:

My dog is deaf are you dating my dog?

My dog is also deaf and I am dating neither your dog nor my own dog. The deaf community for both humans and animals is probably larger than you are aware.

Drunk & Ugly posted:

whoa on the first date??

you loving slut

Fartgate happened on our second date if that's what you are referring to (but first night together) but I am still a loving slut.

give me thread
Dec 29, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCC_b5WHLX0

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Thanks for sharing, this is probably my fourth favourite Roxette song after It Must Have Been Love, The Look and Joyride.

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm
You kind of touched on it but I am curious, particularly of the deaf goons: was learning to read a big challenge for her? I'd think it would be tough to recognize words you've never read before if you can't sound them out. Onomatopoetic words seem like they'd be particularly baffling.

OP, did you already know sign language when you met her? Do your wrists ever hurt from talking?

Also I am in the camp that she knows when you fart in bed. She feels the hot breath against her hips, she is just too polite to say it. She sounds like a nice girl for not calling you out but you failed her "Lies about farting" test. I suggest getting her a particularly fragrant bouquet in apology.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

RAGE HOLE posted:

You kind of touched on it but I am curious, particularly of the deaf goons: was learning to read a big challenge for her? I'd think it would be tough to recognize words you've never read before if you can't sound them out. Onomatopoetic words seem like they'd be particularly baffling.

OP, did you already know sign language when you met her? Do your wrists ever hurt from talking?

Also I am in the camp that she knows when you fart in bed. She feels the hot breath against her hips, she is just too polite to say it. She sounds like a nice girl for not calling you out but you failed her "Lies about farting" test. I suggest getting her a particularly fragrant bouquet in apology.

Honestly? I'm not sure, I never asked her though I can kind of see what you're saying. But then just as we learn to read by speaking words out in our head, maybe when she reads words she thinks of the sign in her head instead? I'll ask.

Didn't know a single sign and we spent most of our time on our first date writing stuff down but you would be absolutely amazed how quickly you can pick it up or at least enough to hold down a decent conversation. I figured best to wait and see how it went before making the effort to do so. Does it get tiring? More so mentally after a while than physically since I still have to think about it a lot when I'm doing it.

I think you're right. Especially as she asked 'are you sure' when I said that I had not farted.

slowm
Sep 5, 2013

live slow, die whenevs
Are you two close enough that you could say, "You never listen to me," and then laugh, "just kidding you literally can't do that."

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

wait can deaf people have favorite colors????

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

She had a cochlear implant fitted as an adult so when she has it in which is rarely she can just about make out nursery rhymes because they are slow and simple. If shed had it fitted as a child it would be easier because her brain could make sense of the sounds better plus also its worth noting a cochlear implant has only 16 receptors as opposed to our 220, hearing people that went deaf and had it fitted describe hearing with it like a dalek or cartoon characters. She can dance to vibrations apparently but i cant dance for poo poo so I've never offered.

Is there any particular type of music she likes to dance to?

Basically I'm asking if there's a non-retarded person who actually likes dubstep.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

MondayHotDog posted:

Is there any particular type of music she likes to dance to?

Basically I'm asking if there's a non-retarded person who actually likes dubstep.

is deaf different from retarded?

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010
I was always thought deaf girls were pretty neat, I met a few by chance. Probably some luck that they were all interesting. I didn't even notice the UNNgffFFFFFFFFfjjj deaf-people accent in just a few minutes, only reminded of it when someone new is around and is like :| ? oh ! then I re-realize haha oh she does sound kind of funny thats right

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
My aunt is deaf and after 28 years I still have trouble understanding her sometimes.

JustCait
May 28, 2014

I almost lost it at this

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
Whenever my wife watches that Switched At Birth show on television I laugh pretty hard whenever the deaf people start yelling. How hard are do you think you'll laugh when you get into an argument with your woman?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

do you say hateful racist poo poo around her just to get it outta your system?

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Would you date me if I was deaf? I can make it happen in a heartbeat.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

as a british is there a serious social program in place for deafs and their families who have to put up with them?

(corollary are you just in it for that filthy deaf lucre?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustCait
May 28, 2014

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

unless her deafness is all one massive troll in which case fair play for the effort shes put in.

That would be a lot of effort for little payoff, but I'd love to see that happen

• Locked thread