Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Father_Johann
Aug 28, 2008
Album Title: The Wolf Spits Acheron
Band: Ilmasai
URL: http://ilmasai.bandcamp.com/
Genre: Metal (thrash, grind, doom)

Here's my bands latest album. We do everything ourselves, took a lot of work. Still sounds gritty but perfection isn't the name of the game in thrash, right?

Everything we do is for free, so please download our poo poo if you are so inclined.

Feedback and criticism is always most welcome, so don't be afraid to pipe up and tell me what we can do to improve or what we are doing right.

Peace out and all hail Wormrot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
This sounds pretty good, man. Not really my kind of thing usually, but I listened to the whole thing, so that says something. I guess I don't have many criticisms, except that I thought the vocal samples you use here and there are slightly too loud compared with the music that follows. I wanted the music to come blasting after the "i am become death" thing, for example. You're right it's definitely very gritty and occasionally muddy, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Still really cool stuff. Song structures sound good, mixing sounds pretty good, and I dig the vocals for the most part. I can definitely appreciate the amount of work that goes into doing an album all by yourselves. I say you guys did good work.

Father_Johann
Aug 28, 2008
Thanks, we appreciate the feedback! Yeah we did have some problems with the samples. Getting frequencies and levels all tidy-like and even is difficult to do, especially on different tracks.

• Locked thread