Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Pentaro posted:

Holy moly, Plague/Specter/King amiibos :swoon:

e: oh yeah, source:
https://twitter.com/YachtClubGames/status/903481857441906688

i need these in my life, plague knight especially

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
http://yachtclubgames.com/2017/08/shovel-knight-treasure-trove-3-pack/

Look at this dude:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

holy poo poo

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Look at this dude:

Reminds me of how Shovel Knight looks with his own custom armor, then his third-stage evolution is that mega-buff design of him in Bloodstained.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Could use more skulls.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Your head looks like an assbone, Specter Knight.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X91dsHGGHwY

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Suda51 is collaborating with Yacht Club Games for one of the games in the upcoming Travis Strikes Again

http://nintendoeverything.com/shovel-knight-revealed-as-next-indie-game-collaboration-for-travis-strikes-again-no-more-heroes/

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Sep 1, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
new gameplay footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxUcT7VZw4A&

shoulder bashing is my favorite platforming way of moving (except maybe behind cart-wheeling)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Phone posting so I can't say too much, but I played King of Cards at PAX West and it is still a pretty great video game. Not sure how to get to the card minigame yet, might have been a different kiosk.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

XavierGenisi posted:

Not emptyquoting, because I love that little bastard Plaguesy so godamn much.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

XavierGenisi posted:

You and me both. Any word on a release date, and if it's a retailer exclusive or something crazy?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Yeah, SK is the only Amiibo I bothered getting. Med that poo poo yesterday.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Finally started Spectre of Torment and... well, it's sorta cool? I still love the story and the vibe of everything, and my dope little Shovel Fairy, but Spectre Knight is kinda totally not fun to play as... maybe I'm just spoiled by Plague Knight, since he's ridiculous, but yeah, not really liking the air dash on enemies and the wall running stuff... it's just SUPER punishing and "sticky," if that makes sense, if you're slightly out of position and just zip through random rear end in a top hat at the wrong angle or start running up a wall and end up out of position and getting chunked.

Is there some item or something that will make this click?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He gets a hover item shortly in which takes a lot of the pain away. You can fly your way out of most situations

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

You may warm up to it over time. I wasn't sure if I liked him either, but by the end of the game, when I finally cleared that loving tower climb minigame, it'd all clicked rather nicely.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Kaubocks posted:

Suda51 is collaborating with Yacht Club Games for one of the games in the upcoming Travis Strikes Again

http://nintendoeverything.com/shovel-knight-revealed-as-next-indie-game-collaboration-for-travis-strikes-again-no-more-heroes/

A new No More Heroes game with a Shovel Knight tie-in might be what finally makes me buy a Switch.

Fuzz posted:

Finally started Spectre of Torment and... well, it's sorta cool? I still love the story and the vibe of everything, and my dope little Shovel Fairy, but Spectre Knight is kinda totally not fun to play as... maybe I'm just spoiled by Plague Knight, since he's ridiculous, but yeah, not really liking the air dash on enemies and the wall running stuff... it's just SUPER punishing and "sticky," if that makes sense, if you're slightly out of position and just zip through random rear end in a top hat at the wrong angle or start running up a wall and end up out of position and getting chunked.

Is there some item or something that will make this click?

I honestly had the opposite experience- I always found Plague Knight a little clunky and chaotic to control while the Specter Knight controls clicked for me about halfway through the intro. He does handle way differently than Plague Knight does though, so if you're going immediately from one to the other it can be jarring.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Plague Knight's controls never clicked for me at all and I never actually finished his campaign.

I should go back and finish it sometime. And grab a list of what is and is not worth buying so I can use my limited money from dying so much effectively.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

You may warm up to it over time. I wasn't sure if I liked him either, but by the end of the game, when I finally cleared that loving tower climb minigame, it'd all clicked rather nicely.

I liked the Spectre Knight campaign a lot, but that tower climb minigame repeatedly kicked my rear end so much that I just gave up on it. What do you get for clearing it?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Xenomrph posted:

I liked the Spectre Knight campaign a lot, but that tower climb minigame repeatedly kicked my rear end so much that I just gave up on it. What do you get for clearing it?

Some gold and an Achievement. Also the satisfaction of knowing you completed the tough challenge in the good video game, which is the true reward, really.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

codenameFANGIO posted:

Some gold and an Achievement. Also the satisfaction of knowing you completed the tough challenge in the good video game, which is the true reward, really.

Yeah, that's the biggest thing. I'm not usually Achievement Guy and I don't ever play above Normal difficulty in games, but after losing to that thing a hundred times it would have been a permanent stain on my pride if I never cleared it. It took ages and I had to spam the homing slash ability to do it, but it was such a relief and felt awesome to finally make it to the top.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Heads up for PC/Mac/Linux people, the non-Windows Store versions of the game have been updated with the Battletoads content from the XB1 version.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Snagged this Monday and have been digging it. A little frustrated at times with the damage = damage + knockback, but I'm powering through. Just to confirm, the DLC is best played in order of release right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

^burtle posted:

Snagged this Monday and have been digging it. A little frustrated at times with the damage = damage + knockback, but I'm powering through. Just to confirm, the DLC is best played in order of release right?

Nah. As long as you play Shovel Knight first you're fine. Specter Knight is more of a different experience than Plague KNight in terms of level design but Plague Knight is heavier on story. SK is a prequel, PK is concurrent with/an alternate take on SK's story.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
I'd say do not play Shovel and Plague back to back. Plague has perhaps the best story, but level- and bosswise it's almost identical to Shovel Knight's campaign, even if Plague Knight as a character plays completely differently. The same levels and bosses may tire you out right after SK, so play Spectre between them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Finished the SK Campaign last night, last boss was a fun hook but the timing got frustrating for awhile. Really made me realize how much I don't think about dying anymore in modern platforms with all the checkpoints. Dark Souls Mario~

edit: Started Specter Knight at lunch, holy poo poo he rolls.

^burtle fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Oct 27, 2017

• Locked thread