Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Everybody's worked against Tristran, it seems! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
OK then, that means we're done here.

Get your links into your character sheets and I'll start typing up the first post of the session proper. If all goes well, I may even have it today.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

Davin Valkri posted:

Everybody's worked against Tristran, it seems! :v:

I like this idea that everyone has a reason not to trust me, because it implies that I have Bad Motherfucker on my wallet. Which is how I intend to play this character. :colbert:

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
And here we go.

Sorry for the long post, I wanted to make sure everything about the mission and its objectives is clear, while also giving you some ideas on what you'll need to handle, so I've kind of wandered over to the wordy side.

EDIT: also it's 1 AM where I live, so I may or may not have made some stupid mistakes or illogical decisions, feel free to point them out.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Don't apologize about long posts! They're awesome. I will get a post up when I get home.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
I'm very happy to see you guys respond so quickly! Two things to note, though:

1) you don't need to paste your entire character sheet, just keep a link in every post.
2) Remember that right now we have three disjointed scenes happening at three different moments - while it's of course OK to narrate your reactions to events that happen at another timeline if you're involved (cf. that call to Points), just keep in mind that there is that difference of a few hours.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
How much of the Spike are we supposed to devastate? I mean, is it a "as long as it's a big thing in headlines" thing or are we expected to gently caress the higher floors too and leave not a working server in our wake?

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
The former.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

Tevery Best posted:

I'm very happy to see you guys respond so quickly! Two things to note, though:

1) you don't need to paste your entire character sheet, just keep a link in every post.
2) Remember that right now we have three disjointed scenes happening at three different moments - while it's of course OK to narrate your reactions to events that happen at another timeline if you're involved (cf. that call to Points), just keep in mind that there is that difference of a few hours.

It's sort of convention in TGR to post character sheets in the first post of the actual game thread, and just link to it, instead of to the full-fluff app version. And I'm really counting on the fact that it's so much after the fact so that Points had time to put together the safehouse already and I have somewhere to hide after an altercation with the police.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jul 11, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Does anyone have a plan for kicking off a riot? It might be possible to start of the riot in the shopping mall with some careful advertising and prodding to get enough hoodlums there to begin with. We could get a bunch of low-level street punks there with the promise of low, low prices on streetwear and then filch and maybe bribe some cops to be assholes to incite the angry gang members.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

I wanted to say it in character, but as far as my experience goes our best bet is to get you a NDPD uniform and shoot a black man.

FEMA ain't no hugs and kisses, kiddo.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
That would work better if my character wasn't black...

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

gently caress, now we're boned.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
I have an idea. Anybody seen the Disney movie of Mary Poppins? The scene where the kid won't give his money to the old bank manager and causes all heck to break loose on the bank floor? You guys think we could pull that deliberately?

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfP8__wl-_4

This seems a bit more civilized than our employers imagined.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

QuantumNinja posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfP8__wl-_4

This seems a bit more civilized than our employers imagined.

Only because of the mood of the movie and because everybody's wearing suits we'd never see in ten lifetimes. You still have a mass of people forcing their way into the bank after they've closed the doors, the bank forced to shutter all operations, and absolute chaos in front of and behind the windows. We missed dividend day by THAT MUCH, but if we forced a mass sell-off here the results would be much bigger, and not just in scale.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

Davin Valkri posted:

Only because of the mood of the movie and because everybody's wearing suits we'd never see in ten lifetimes. You still have a mass of people forcing their way into the bank after they've closed the doors, the bank forced to shutter all operations, and absolute chaos in front of and behind the windows. We missed dividend day by THAT MUCH, but if we forced a mass sell-off here the results would be much bigger, and not just in scale.

Hahah, my sarcasm didn't come across, sorry. It's a great idea. We should do some recon on the mall and see if there's a bank somewhere there we can use.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

That's actually not a bad idea. For a riot the size hat the client wants, it'd probably take a run on several banks; fortunately, the building contains several banks.

I have no idea how we'd fake bank insolvency, though.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It's not a thing you do overnight. We launch a tight, intense, focused disinformation campaign to get people on edge and ignite the spark before big boy spindoctors get the chance to do their magic. With proper contingencies, any police crackdown on our operations is just youtube fuel.

Don't worry Tristran, being a bait is just like bodyguard duty.

[edit] I'd say the job is already done for us, but that'd require revealing a little regional joke from the OP that won't really be funny when explained.

Lichtenstein fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jul 11, 2014

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

We might be a bit too literal focusing on banks specifically, but I guess it is a pretty good idea for something inspired by a Disney movie :cheeky:. Some forged "we can't pay promised dividends" reports here, some intercepted electronic money payments there, some small holders bribed to very loudly and publically close their accounts and move their money (to Cadala :cheeky:) there, and we might have something.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
About the two cred you've been given: they're shared by the entire team, so you don't need to keep track of who's holding the money, but it's a shared property of the team, not two cred per person. Just thought I should make it a bit clearer to avoid any misunderstandings.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Ah, okay then. I'll edit my thing. I'm guessing one cred is actually a lot more than one new yen, then.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

About fifteen simoleons IIRC.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Cred is not just money, although having money definitely means you have some kind of Cred. Cash doesn't lie. But it's also your contacts, assets, abilities and trustworthiness, all those things that help you get what you need in a world that doesn't want to give it to you.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
I'm sorry about the delay on the post, but I'll try to explain myself now.

In general I felt that Imani's and Steven's moves do not entirely fit the fiction - the foremost reason being that there is simply no time to start talking to the guys in hoodies, they're already starting to throw the drone. But I also felt that I can't cut you out entirely when you roll good. So I've decided to just give you most of what you want (the drone) and give you an option to keep trying to get the perps, if you want to, but if you choose to, there might be consequences - aside from the expected conflict escalation, you might garner unwanted attention, like from Steven's partial success on the Fast Talk roll.

I hope it's OK with everyone. Next time this happens, I'll just get in contact with you here and work out a solution together.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Last Christmas
I gave you my heart
But the very next day you gave it away.
This year
To save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Oh ha ha.

Tevery, I'm guessing since you rolled 2d6+1 for harm you already factored in the -1 from the armored clothing?

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Yup. The dice are not on your side today.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Tevery Best posted:

Yup. The dice are not on your side today.

They never are. Have you seen the other games I'm in? They just straight up never are.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Officer,

You're here, there's nothing I fear
And I know that my heart will go on
We'll stay forever this way
You are safe in my heart
And my heart will go on and on

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Hey, I know you've got a rough outline of what you wanna do, but please find some use for Adrien or at least tell him what you need to get so that we can go back on track.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Well, he can go get my drat taser.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I figure Adrian can come to the meeting with Tristran and Imani.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I figure Adrian can come to the meeting with Tristran and Imani.

Sounds good to me here. He needs a chance to bounce off other PCs.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
We still doing this thing or what?

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
We do, I just need to figure out something for Tristran and Imani to do while the rest of you go get the drone. If you have any ideas, that'd be great.

EDIT: if not, update tomorrow.

Tevery Best fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Aug 16, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
We have a job and an employer and a few other fires, so we definitely can find something. We need to get some Legwork done. Hit the Streets and the like.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Aug 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
It's bound to still be yesterday somewhere, right? :v:

• Locked thread