Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
after mass i went to the san francisco pride parade today. it was extremely crowded, the trains were a poo poo show. but the event itself is very positive and uplifting now. in the past it was kind of vulgar and rebellious, but now there's a spirit of victory and universal solidarity that is refreshing.

i only watched for fifteen minutes or so, but lots of corporate brands have jumped in to advertise themselves during the parade. most of them did a decent job of it but EA in particular just drove a big truck through it covered in gaming stuff with no pride symbolism at all, i don't think they get it.

one float which surprised me was PETA. i think most people are annoyed by peta because of their more outrageous stunts, but here they just had a really fun and light-hearted float with people dressed in animal costumes dancing on it, a couple girls dressed as mermaids holding signs saying 'fish are friends not food,' all accompanied by dance music. the crowd cheered them on and it was kind of nice to see such positive activism and response.

i didn't actually see any nudity or PDA or any of the gross stuff that used to accompany the parade. you still see lots of drunken antisocial shenanigans at Bay to Breakers, another SF event that takes place in may, but pride has really cleaned up.

anyway happy pride day to lgbt goons. and also straight goons. don't forget to love your neighbor. 'what else should i say, everyone is gay' - kurt cobain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
pity reply

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
iput the b in lgbt because im a bi bee

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax
turd

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Pride parades make straight christian normal conservative people dislike LGB folks even more.

Gas OP, ban thread, cat parade.

Number 36
Jul 5, 2007

Keep it up, kid! Gimmie a smoochie smooch!
walked through world pride in toronto today

apparently it is a great excuse for straight girls to walk around topless

EDIT: here proof, sorry my camera sucks :nws:boobs:nws:

Number 36 fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jun 30, 2014

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
welp, op is bullshit

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Number 36 posted:

walked through world pride in toronto today

apparently it is a great excuse for straight girls to walk around topless

EDIT: here proof, sorry my camera sucks :nws:boobs:nws:

How do you determine they're straight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
PETA always nerfs it down at public events and only presents the 'cute gullible college girl volunteers' side of the organization, not the 'we literally think having pets should be outlawed' side.

• Locked thread