Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Silly Burrito posted:

Ah well...

Thanks for running this!

drat tugboats. :)
Silly Burrito did you investigate KB on night one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Fast Luck posted:

It's in the posted docs, but he investigated TT.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Should a cop always write something like "boy that TT is weird but I think he was town and was just really set on booting Prop" just so that if they die people can look back and figure it out? Or would writing something like that be too revealing of cop-ness

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
No, that's usually called breadcrumbs and they're good to leave for after you flip.

Sometimes people will also leave innocuous clues about their role if they want to claim later and don't want it to look like something last minute or desperate.

The hilarious example being someone saying "hey guys we're on the right ~~TRACK~~ here" when they're a tracker.

Breadcrumbs aren't necessary and if they're found early can lead to getting outed before you want to, but they can be very helpful down the road if you can slip them in unnoticed.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

make sure to put SCUMHUNTER if you're vanilla town

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tremendous Taste posted:

make sure to put SCUMHUNTER if you're vanilla town

The most important breadcrumb of all.

In League where I was Hannibal Lecter I made a post during a bit of drama saying "I bet Little Mac is eating this up" and I also linked to another thread where there was a picture of a dog in a Hannibal Lecter mask.

I never got to use my sweet hints though :(

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Asiina posted:

The most important breadcrumb of all.

In League where I was Hannibal Lecter I made a post during a bit of drama saying "I bet Little Mac is eating this up" and I also linked to another thread where there was a picture of a dog in a Hannibal Lecter mask.

I never got to use my sweet hints though :(

You certainly didn't!!! :devil:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:qq:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:lsd:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Asiina posted:

I did! I sent you a PM with your results the night you died!

Yeah, you did, I just reread the PM. Derp on me, sorry. I was so surprised to be killed that I glossed over the text. Way to be a newbie cop. :)

Fast Luck posted:

Nope, Taste. I realize now that I probably should've said more about it, but I was planning to reveal a lot more on day 3 (getting more in the flow of it). I didn't realize that there was a character who could protect you. Honestly, I said what I did about KB because it was an honest feeling. It came out to be true, but I had nothing to back it up at the time.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Nope, Taste. I realize now that I probably should've said more about it, but I was planning to reveal a lot more on day 3 (getting more in the flow of it). I didn't realize that there was a character who could protect you. Honestly, I said what I did about KB because it was an honest feeling. It came out to be true, but I had nothing to back it up at the time.

not a lot you can do with a town result early, you played it alright.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.

Fast Luck posted:

Dhaes is a battleship pro! He knows all the battleships!

I have legit always called the little 2 square boats tugboats, I never use the real name, I don't even know what it is

Glad everyone enjoyed the PR ~

:snoop:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Patrol Boats.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

yeah that's what I said

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

capps, this is the picture i picked out for you for the final mod flavor post before windy pulled his stunt:

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Dhaes posted:

windy pulled his stunt

LITTLE stunt? Motherfucker that stunt set the town up for a win if played right. :mad: Ain't nothin' little 'bout that poo poo, dawg.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

windshipper posted:

LITTLE stunt? Motherfucker that stunt set the town up for a win if played right. :mad: Ain't nothin' little 'bout that poo poo, dawg.

It ain't the size, it's the motion in the ocean.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

:golfclap:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

i just noticed that this was my last post before it ended

Fast Luck posted:

Well, with Byers's vote on you (Maltose), if we go by the logic of last vote, it means (if it's LYLO) that one of the two of you is scum or the game will be ending very soon. If he is scum, he's a scary scary guy. Also if he is scum, he could even be scumbro with Dhaes which is a frightening thought.

I have a question about how tracking works. Windshipper investigated Rarity night two and she did nothing, so she is probably not the role blocker out there. But how does killing work? Does one scum have to pull the trigger each night on the kill, thus also making them trackable?
dang i had it all right in front of me there. naming the two scum left in the game, then starting down the path of getting over my suspicion of rarity. can't say i wouldn't have buckled and voted out maltose, as byers and dhaes were drat good, so who knows. ah well!
:ghost: ghost party on the ocean floor :ghost:
:ghost: hey! no subs allowed! :ghost:

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Byers2142 posted:

Well, I certainly made some waves!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Byers2142 posted:

Doesn't the size of the boat determine the motion of the ocean, at least relative to passengers? Smaller boats tend to be less smooth sailing.

• Locked thread