Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I hadn't had Indian in a while and decided to try a local place. I don't think I am hungry any more, at least. Well, a little bit. Absolutely terrible. Don't go there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
where?

i've never really had flat out bad indian, definitely had indian where i wouldn't go back (i.e. not very flavorful, overpriced:portion ratio, super salty)

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

that is terrible. i love a good indian meal. i like to order lamb vindaloo extra spicy and eat it while sweating and crying. i love to smell like it for days

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I was about to post a link but decided against it. Instead I swill recommend Pakwan on 16th and Guerrero or Jones and Ellis in San Francisco. That place is great.

I got Chicken Tikka Marsala and it was dreadful. If I didn't know it was what I had ordered, I would have never guessed at what it was.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

THS posted:

that is terrible. i love a good indian meal. i like to order lamb vindaloo extra spicy and eat it while sweating and crying. i love to smell like it for days

high loving five myfriend :hfive: lamb vindaloo is my go to dish

except i don't smell like it for days because i shower

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

kebab-n-kurry in richardson, tx - just outside of dallas, is my favorite indian restaurant. check it out if you are ever in dallas

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

idk i swear i dont smell like it but everyone else does, even a day after showering. like how turmeric wont come off any fabric, neither will the curry smell

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
weird. i generally don't think people smell like what they eat once they shower/brush their teeth/mouthwash and change clothes. even that's a bit extreme. exception would be like if you worked there.

though when I was in college, the dining commons (powered by sodexho) had a loving horrid smell that clung to your clothes and just smelled rancid as hell. you could immediately tell when someone came back from there. i stopped going there halfway through the year and had a ton of meal points left over :(

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
what did you get though?

at any new indian or thai place i always get chicken tikka masala (maybe lamb vindaloo) or pad thai...if you cant do a decent job cooking and showing some passion towards making those staple dishes then ur restaurant is loving worthless to me.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

if i had to be stuck eating one cuisine my whole life it would be indian

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

if you're in the cincinnati area Ambar on ludlow is also indian food that owns hth

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

LifeSizePotato posted:

if i had to be stuck eating one cuisine my whole life it would be indian

mine would be pussy. preferably japanese cuz there might be some sushi for dessert

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Wayside Bazaar posted:

what did you get though?

at any new indian or thai place i always get chicken tikka masala (maybe lamb vindaloo) or pad thai...if you cant do a decent job cooking and showing some passion towards making those staple dishes then ur restaurant is loving worthless to me.

CTM

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

We all know the risk we take when going to Asian or Asian-Subcontinent restaurants.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Wayside Bazaar posted:

what did you get though?

that's true, but maybe they can make a decent CTM and gently caress up a lamb vindaloo? we also order saag paneer typically which is another thing they shouldn't gently caress up but gives you a pretty good indicator of quality of their produce if the spinach sucks.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

sever.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

the worst part was it was 16 for that, rice and naan

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Waltzing Along posted:

the worst part was it was 16 for that, rice and naan

:eyepop:

actually that's not bad. after tax?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

best food ever in my life was a himalayan restaraunt in DC. it was basically just indian but fancier

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Xaris posted:

that sucks. i can get the same thing at Pakwan for like 10 bucks, a larger portion, and much much higher quality. i'm thinking of driving to the city right now to right this wrong but don't think i can get to pakwan in time.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

and with saffron rice. which is Really Good

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

THS posted:

best food ever in my life was a himalayan restaraunt in DC. it was basically just indian but fancier

yea the one place i like is a mixed himalayan/indian place but i can't ever tell the loving difference when i go to either type

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Xaris posted:

yeah for real. a take-out dinner sized curry, rice, and naan around here will typically pass the $20 mark...which is why its best to just find a really good indian place and stick with it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
SF is awesome for good cheap food. And expensive food. And just food. It's probably the best place in the country for food. There are so many restaurants and the bad ones usually fail and are replaced with another and it repeats till you have a good spot. As such, the quality across the board just grows and grows.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Waltzing Along posted:

SF is awesome for good cheap food. And expensive food. And just food. It's probably the best place in the country for food. There are so many restaurants and the bad ones usually fail and are replaced with another and it repeats till you have a good spot. As such, the quality across the board just grows and grows.

It actually has the most restaurants per capita in the United States.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

no i refuse to eat this food
its too fancy for me
i'd rather shove a cardamom seed packet into my rear end than debase myself to tasting any sort of flavor. Please fry me up some chichen tenders w/sweet babby rays

• Locked thread