Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

lol if you don't get locally grown produce

I can just taste the difference I guess and frozen vegetables for the most part taste worse

theres no difference and anyways its about making sure tha fats eat vegs. most vegs are frozen right after harvest and kept frozen all the way to the fridge. vegs are bred for survival during cross country travel not taste or vitamin content.

http://foodpreservation.about.com/od/Freezing/a/Fresh-Vs-Frozen-Vegetables.htm

basically frozen is as good as fresh and cheaper. one less excuse for fats to not eat veggies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011

Pththya-lyi posted:

you already did it

it's done

give yourselves a pat on the back

thank g-d!

please lift weights. get off the puter.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
I can't remember what I ate for my lunch. maybe overweight people forget they've eaten or something

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Agrajag posted:

frozen peas taste better than fresh peas

same for spinach

not for broccoli though but you can find that poo poo fresh anywhere anytime so

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

you would think guy pearce would be fat as poo poo in memento. overcompensating maybe

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Cucking Mama posted:

you would think guy pearce would be fat as poo poo in memento. overcompensating maybe

maybe he forgot he'd lifted a weight and did it again

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kombotron posted:

theres no difference and anyways its about making sure tha fats eat vegs. most vegs are frozen right after harvest and kept frozen all the way to the fridge. vegs are bred for survival during cross country travel not taste or vitamin content.

http://foodpreservation.about.com/od/Freezing/a/Fresh-Vs-Frozen-Vegetables.htm

basically frozen is as good as fresh and cheaper. one less excuse for fats to not eat veggies.

except assume I don't go to a shitbox grocery store and my food is actually picked ripe and to my table in under 2 days

do what you like, all I'm saying is I avoid frozen vegetables unless I'm specifically using them for something like a smoothie

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014
all i got from this thread is that fats can't cook so they think eating healthy is disgusting and unappealing

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

except assume I don't go to a shitbox grocery store and my food is actually picked ripe and to my table in under 2 days

do what you like, all I'm saying is I avoid frozen vegetables unless I'm specifically using them for something like a smoothie

:agreed:

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
CELERY PEANUT BUTTER SMOOTHIE I'm a goddamn genius

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I can eat what I want and not get fat. It's going to be awesome when I turn 30 and eating lovely food catches up with me. I actually do take a lot of long walks but I don't think that's exercise enough to stop the inevitable fatness of the future.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The Rock's Herculean diet.

The Rock's Herculean cheat meal.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

I bet it owns to be as strong as the rock

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Moridin920 posted:

Not everyone lives in California.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Cucking Mama posted:

I bet it owns to be as strong as the rock

Its gotta suck to have to eat that much every day.

Placid Marmot
Apr 28, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

that's cool do you want to cite anything or are you just an idiot

freezing vegetables makes them lose some nutritional value and greatly changes their texture
http://www.extension.umn.edu/food/food-safety/preserving/freezing/the-science-of-freezing-foods/

Your link is about home freezing. Industrial/farm freezing is nearly instantaneous (as opposed to slow home freezing), specifically to prevent the change in texture. If you buy a "fresh" vegetable and freeze it at home, probably more than a day has already elapsed between it being picked and you freezing it, which is where nutrition loss can occur; field-frozen vegetables spend just hours at most unfrozen, so actually have BETTER nutrition than fresh vegetables.

Autumn Angel
Jan 18, 2014

I dunno, I cooked some frozen Brussels's sprouts earlier today and they tasted okay. Frozen vegetables are great. The best thing is that they don't go bad in a few days like fresh vegetables always do. I'm tired of throwing out wilted broccoli!

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby
I always thought I hated vegetables 'cause I only had them from frozen (all my mother would cook). It wasn't until I had fresh grilled vegetables that I actually realized they could taste awesome and not be a mealy, gross texture. I don't eat anything frozen anymore, fresh all the way.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
i like seeing how complicated fats make simple things like

eat less

eat a vegetable

move a weight

exercise

stop stuffing your face

dont be as a big as a planet

eat protein

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
the funniest thing is when fats say that exercise is painful and they genuinely don't understand why people like going to the gym

• Locked thread