Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wet Fifty
Dec 6, 2005

Greetings from the inner-
city, high-humidity, ass
and titty bar.
I have a color picture of a friend that I would like to convert to a picture using dots of four different sizes on a set grid. The eventual goal is to drill the holes into wood as a portrait. Posting from my phone otherwise I would link to the imgur post where a guy did a similar project with a map of the world.

Any ideas on how to get the pic to dot form?

edit: Here is the imgur project. http://imgur.com/gallery/8iOvx

Wet Fifty fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jul 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wet Fifty
Dec 6, 2005

Greetings from the inner-
city, high-humidity, ass
and titty bar.
AH! Here's a perfect example. Anyone know how I could convert a photo to this?

And it looks like with a bit more digging on my own, there's a website call the rasterbator that will do it all for me. Thanks anyway.

Wet Fifty fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jul 5, 2014

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
You can do it in Photoshop with the Color Halftone filter, just set all the channel screen angle fields to 0.

Fridtjof Nansen
Jun 12, 2013

People find it difficult to resist your persuasive manner.
I used to have a program called the "Rasterbator" and it would do that to chop an image over multiple pages. Idk if it's still around.

e. http://rasterbator.net/ I believe there used to be an older downloadable version.

Fridtjof Nansen fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jul 29, 2014

raging bullwinkle
Jun 15, 2011

Haledjian posted:

You can do it in Photoshop with the Color Halftone filter, just set all the channel screen angle fields to 0.

Another cool way is to set a greyscale image's blending mode to 'hard mix' and put it above a field of evenly-spaced, slightly blurred dots in your layer stack.

• Locked thread