Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Is it like Akira.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Help

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
nah not really its more like teen angst mixed with what itd be like if you had teen angst and found some sickass powers and got to fly around and poo poo

its alright!

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Thanks.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
It's a good afternoon

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's actually one of the best "superhero" movies that has been made. It's also a great high school flick. Definitely worth seeing.

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax
It's real good up until the last 10 minutes

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
it's really good up until it starts

gets good again around the time it finishes

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

gently caress up, m8

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

MY BF LESLIE SAID posted:

It's real good up until the last 10 minutes

I like the last ten minutes. It is a bit of a tone change, though.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Is this that lego mvie abodut those weird spiky lego mask toys? The ones that look like a tribal tattoo that grew legs?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
It's really good. The characters are very wellwritten and realistic

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax

Cream_Filling posted:

Is this that lego mvie abodut those weird spiky lego mask toys? The ones that look like a tribal tattoo that grew legs?

You know it isn't so why are you even asking? The trolls on this forum are seriously killing the vibe of the place.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
It's like troll 2

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
it was okay a lot of people jerked off to this and im not sure why

i mean its not bad but its not that good either just okay

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

It's no Citizen Kane. Haven't seen it though. Or Citizen Kane.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
one time a nerd got angry at me for liking this movie
he wanted to talk about plot holes but the only plot hole he could come up with is why didn't they shoot the guy with the tanks or something i dunno it was dumb

lol nerds

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
It's a cool movie but Max Landis is :goonsay: incarnate and only got the job because of his dad's connections and it sucks that Josh Trank doesn't get any credit despite directing and co-writing it.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
All I can remember is that the black guy was cool and dies and the bad guy was super annoying.

hth.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
It's actually pretty good at the "found footage" part, it feels like part of the story, without being too gimmicky.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
anyone got a good thing i can watch i got a hosed up hangover

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Nation posted:

Put on an Windows 98 screensaver to loop or something.

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax

Nation posted:

Jack Reacher

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

Your posting

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

OldMemes posted:

It's actually pretty good at the "found footage" part, it feels like part of the story, without being too gimmicky.

i think this is the reason why people who hate it do, because they know its cool to not like found footage i guess

i dunno i think found footage is kinda cool its just people are not experimenting enough with it, but chronicle did with interesting ways like the whole floating the camera trick

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

I like the last ten minutes. It is a bit of a tone change, though.

It was still good, only problem I had with the ending was the found footage gimmick becoming way too forced with all the chaos. Could've dropped it at that point and no one would've noticed.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Doflamingo posted:

It was still good, only problem I had with the ending was the found footage gimmick becoming way too forced with all the chaos. Could've dropped it at that point and no one would've noticed.

Yeah, the found footage thing loses its muster when it switches from being someone's portable camera to like, a random police car's dashboard cam.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
it's like Akira if Akira sucked.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Soft Shell Crab posted:

It's no Citizen Kane. Haven't seen it though. Or Citizen Kane.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

It was better than it had any right to be. It's entirely watchable if you can deal with the conceit of the entire movie being mostly filmed by a psychotic angsty baby of a teenager.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
michael jordan is dreamy as f*ck in it no homo (bc im bi)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Doflamingo posted:

Ah yes, I agree. That part did get stupid.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

ilikedirt posted:

michael jordan is dreamy as f*ck in it no homo (bc im bi)

it was cool how the popular kid was portrayed as an actual good guy who was nice to everybody while the nerdy loner was a broken crazy person

just like in real life

milktwice
Feb 15, 2012

Cream_Filling posted:

they're called bionicles you piece of poo poo.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
the black guy dies first

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
he's wearing a red shirt at the time, too

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
IM WORRIED ABOUT ANDREW

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Waltzing Along posted:

It's actually one of the best "superhero" movies that has been made. It's also a great high school flick. Definitely worth seeing.

it is also one of the very very few "found footage" movies that actually makes any sense as to why somebody is filming some insane poo poo going on

...of SCIENCE! posted:

it was cool how the popular kid was portrayed as an actual good guy who was nice to everybody while the nerdy loner was a broken crazy person

Also this movie was groundbreaking because it's about a mostly white cast but the popular dude is BLACK

he still dies first though lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i didn't think the found footage thing at the end was that forced since andrew had developed a bit of a weird fixation on filming everything due to being a self pitying homo

it also makes some kind of sense that the footage was spliced together since it could be read as being made for viewing by someone in the government or whatever who seemed interested in the area where they found that crystal thing

this is some pretty nerdy sperging here but i liked the film quite a lot and thought the fight scene at the end was really well done and yeah that part was a lot like akira except the bad guy doesn't turn into a huge mound of lard

• Locked thread