Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ilanin
May 31, 2009

Smarter than the average Blair.
You know, it's pretty rude that we keep referring to a presumably-sentient entity as "the AI". She really needs a name. I recommend Aisha, because a) it's approximately thematically fitting given the resonance of the name in Hydral religion and b) I think she'll really hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
She wants a name, she can give herself a name. She's a fully sentient sophont, she can do proper big girl things like that. :colbert:

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

AJ_Impy posted:

She wants a name, she can give herself a name. She's a fully sentient sophont, she can do proper big girl things like that. :colbert:

Her real name, yes, she can no doubt pick one for herself. But surely she needs a nickname that she absolutely hates and which everybody uses all the time?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Tomn posted:

Her real name, yes, she can no doubt pick one for herself. But surely she needs a nickname that she absolutely hates and which everybody uses all the time?

Considering how much her predictions of doom are ignored, Cassandra would fit the bill.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
She definitely needs to be called "Rommie" :3:

Syless
Feb 23, 2013

I, for one, support our multiheaded dragon overlord!

sniper4625 posted:

Considering how much her predictions of doom are ignored, Cassandra would fit the bill.

...if that's the case, then does that mean the Order of Cassandra has been doing her will the whole time? That... makes a lot of sense.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

rudatron posted:

Can the game even be won at this point? If 4x's have taught me anything, it's that you can't stop a steam-roller without another roller, and the two rollers in this game both hate the hell out of us.

This isn't even a particularly bad position tbh.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

rudatron posted:

Can the game even be won at this point? If 4x's have taught me anything, it's that you can't stop a steam-roller without another roller, and the two rollers in this game both hate the hell out of us.

Not only is Tulip correct, but it's important to remember that hating us != hating the Federation or its constituent parts. Everyone else is playing a 4X, but ours is a different game entirely. There's even an 'I'm a steamroller, so I'll join the federation' option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syless
Feb 23, 2013

I, for one, support our multiheaded dragon overlord!
TLF expansion has just been announced/beta-launched! http://arcengames.com/the-last-federation-betrayed-hope-expansion-1-beta-begins-now/

As head of HSF, I am entirely in support of Betrayal Mode.

• Locked thread