Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

no they will not posted:

• What happened to Faye Valentibe? They set up this great character with an intriguing backstory and not only do they not resolve her character arc, she doesn't even appear in the last five or so episodes! Instead we get the infinitely less interesting "Faye Valentine" without even an explanation. That's just really shoddy storytelling.
  • In the episode with the cult controlled by the face in the tv, why did it suddenly jump cut to some black kid in a hospital bed? Was that like a conceptual thing, like, religion saps us of our individual humanity? If that IS what they were going for I didn't get it at all, it just seemed like a non-sequitor. "Too deep for me" I guess.
  • Not sure if this is a problem with the show itself or just the dub, but did Spike ever manage to shoot all those guys at the end? I don't even know why the edited out the gun. 4kids up to no good again, I guess. I'll stick to subs next time.

Like I said, any light you can shed on these issues would be most appreciated. I really did like this show. Cheers!

You are mistaking. Faye Valentibe and Faye Valentine are the same character.

It has been a while, but I believe the kid in the hospital bed was using his "mind" to control a bunch of people. Think kind of like the matrix.

Spike kills his arch nemesis Vicious and then Spike himself dies. He killed everyone he wanted to kill. They didn't edit out a gun in the final frame, he was just using his fingers to simulate having a gun to be funny/ironic/symbolic.

Hope that helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Cowboy Bebop was okay. I thought the music was way better than the rest of the show.

Antsylvania
Nov 5, 2010

Dude there was no gun

When Spike realizes how cool and retarded everything is he points his finger at the sky and laughs

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I miss Spike Spiegel

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Much like many other space jews, he died for our sins.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Spectacle Rock posted:

You are mistaking. Faye Valentibe and Faye Valentine are the same character.

It has been a while, but I believe the kid in the hospital bed was using his "mind" to control a bunch of people. Think kind of like the matrix.

Spike kills his arch nemesis Vicious and then Spike himself dies. He killed everyone he wanted to kill. They didn't edit out a gun in the final frame, he was just using his fingers to simulate having a gun to be funny/ironic/symbolic.

Hope that helps.

Thanks. I'm glad to finally get a decent answer.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I love the director for going "Nah Spike didn't die, he just passed out. He's totally fine after all that.". Because why not?

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Boogaleeboo posted:

I love the director for going "Nah Spike didn't die, he just passed out. He's totally fine after all that.". Because why not?

You mean to tell me my first anime meme is a complete lie? My world is falling apart here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

You mean to tell me my first anime meme is a complete lie? My world is falling apart here.

youre gonna carry that weight

• Locked thread