Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

1gnoirents posted:

You know, it kind of is. It's always this odd activity that a huge range of people will do from time to time. Unlike pretty much everything else. The same guy going to Magic tournaments for fun is almost never the same guy who goes to swanky nightclubs all the time. But you can find both those kinds of people bowling one night

It's weird.

its a good drinking sport thats why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
tricky dick nixon loved four things in life.

Kissinger
Booze
Bowling
And Checkers

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Frostwerks posted:

tricky dick nixon loved four things in life.

Kissinger
Booze
Bowling
And Checkers

you forgot near-constant profanity

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
A few years ago I went bowling with friends. While bowling, I realized that bowling balls would make a great basis for my motion lab (I was using golf balls at the time). The question was, where would I get a minimum of a half-dozen bowling balls for cheap? The manager happened to be working, so I explained the situation to him and asked if he ever got rid of old bowling balls that might be too bad for bowling, but okay for a science class. By the time we were done with our games, he had a dozen balls waiting for me, for free! Now they are lined up in the back of my classroom. Every year my students ask what they are for. I act surprised and ask "Don't your other teachers have their emergency bowling ball supply lined up against the wall of their classrooms? They are supposed to." I don't acknowledge the existence of the bowling balls in any other way until the day we do the lab.

And, yes, bowling is pretty fun.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

genesplicer posted:

A few years ago I went bowling with friends. While bowling, I realized that bowling balls would make a great basis for my motion lab (I was using golf balls at the time). The question was, where would I get a minimum of a half-dozen bowling balls for cheap? The manager happened to be working, so I explained the situation to him and asked if he ever got rid of old bowling balls that might be too bad for bowling, but okay for a science class. By the time we were done with our games, he had a dozen balls waiting for me, for free! Now they are lined up in the back of my classroom. Every year my students ask what they are for. I act surprised and ask "Don't your other teachers have their emergency bowling ball supply lined up against the wall of their classrooms? They are supposed to." I don't acknowledge the existence of the bowling balls in any other way until the day we do the lab.

And, yes, bowling is pretty fun.

derail but its posts like this that make me think that, once I finish my BS in physics I'll go get an M Ed instead of a PhD in some sub-field

so loving awesome seeing the lightbulb go on over some kid's head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Hesh Ballantine posted:

derail but its posts like this that make me think that, once I finish my BS in physics I'll go get an M Ed instead of a PhD in some sub-field

so loving awesome seeing the lightbulb go on over some kid's head

Get your teaching credential after the BS. Then you are more marketable and get the job. Then you get the M Ed and an automatic raise. If you get the M Ed first, you automatically are farther up on the pay scale and they are somewhat less likely to offer you a job in the first place.

Either way, make sure you go to the bowling alley. It's great fun!

• Locked thread