Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
It was 4th of July last week and also

Because death is certain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
There sure are a lot of poor, fat people in here making excuses for their inexplicably poor life choices

euthy
Sep 26, 2007

May you and your family live without suffering, but for the rest... Thanks for not breeding VHEMT
Grimey Drawer
"Would it not be better if they spent more money on wholesome things like oranges and wholemeal bread or if they even, like the writer of the letter to the New Statesman, saved on fuel and ate their carrots raw? Yes, it would, but the point is that no ordinary human being is ever going to do such a thing. The ordinary human being would sooner starve than live on brown bread and raw carrots. And the peculiar evil is this, that the less money you have, the less inclined you feel to spend it on wholesome food. A millionaire may enjoy breakfasting off orange juice and Ryvita biscuits; an unemployed man doesn’t. Here the tendency of which I spoke at the end of the last chapter comes into play. When you are unemployed, which is to say when you are underfed, harassed, bored, and miserable, you don’t want to eat dull wholesome food. You want something a little bit ‘tasty’."
-George Orwell

Effsix
Aug 5, 2011

Keep it moving, chicken people! These knockoff purses ain't gonna make themselves!
Sugar... in wuh tuh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtOkNZK-m4A

Sadly this high def clip misses the "Get yer big butt back in the house" line.

My trick is pints of (unsugared) tea by day, pints of beer/wine/spirits by night. Actually it's not really a trick, it's more of a dependency.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

I stopped drinking soda for a few months, took a sip of a dr pepper and didn't enjoy it even in the slightest.

So basically soda is Hitler,

night slime
May 14, 2014

precision posted:

every time I'm in the regular grocery store (or Target) I see people whose carts have like, you know, really obvious "we are poor" food in it, tons of ramen, canned meat, that kind of poo poo, but then they also always have like literally $40 worth of name brand soda (usually Mt. Dew or Dr. Pepper or Coke). why? if they need caffeine and sugar so bad, just drink coffee with a lot of sugar in it? and why name brand instead of store brand at least? do they really not realize what a tremendous waste of money it is and they could use that money to like you know get actual people food instead of tinned Vienna sausages?

Why do they buy heavily marketed crap? I agree. They are pure retards

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

They are no worse than the dorks that buy apple stuff.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Nick Rivers posted:

I like soda because it goes together good with pizza

pretty much any greasy bad-for-you trash food is made better with soda, really

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

psyopmonkey posted:

Do I need to go on a rant about the South and fat people? Or, how amazingly disgusting and horrible soda is? The only good soda is Ginger Beer.

I would prefer to just post cats.

Do you want me to post cats?

:toxogond:

I happen to like fat people, the Southern United States, and the occasional Coke as well.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's called "Pop" btw.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

animeliker posted:

It's called "Pop" btw.

:frogout:

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

animeliker posted:

It's called "Pop" btw.

Shut up.

Anyone that has a high school education and doesnt living in some backwater swamp calls it Soda.

Pop is another name for your father.

Coke is a brand.

'Muricans... :argh:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I have poor people opinions.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Magnitogorsk. posted:

There sure are a lot of fat people in here making excuses for their inexplicably poor life choices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Whole Milk, Different beers. That's how I rock stuff.

• Locked thread