Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

It's raining a lot and there is lightning, so sadly I'm gonna turn my computer off and postpone my lovely posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Harvest
Mar 13, 2007

Wait, it's Clint? Well shit.
since you aren't reading this, i am responsible for all of the bad things in your life. it's all me. every single bad thing.

that's a load off my chest

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Dark.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
Cold and raining.

Fairly standard Melbourne weather.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Warm and clear, you can see stars

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

there's no weather outside my house. i live in the void.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

i have no idea

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

italian people, chinese people, and really expensive lovely houses

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013
Why would you ask this silly question on a basement dwellers dominant website?

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
I don't know I'm making GBS threads atm

VibrioCholera
Mar 7, 2003
theres a real life lens flare happening right now

i live here on the weekends though

VibrioCholera fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jul 9, 2014

Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Tell your friends they don't have to be scared or hungry anymore comrades.
Sunny, like my attitude.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

clouds

some sun

Gay

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

ohsosad posted:

Cold and raining.

Fairly standard Melbourne weather.

It's stopped raining now at least. But still cold. The weather website whatever it is says it's 8 degrees now, but it lies, it's really 5 here in the inner suburbs. (46 and 41 for you americans)

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Kinda overcast and humid, I think we're supposed to get thunderstorms later. It's a lot cooler than it was yesterday, which is a huge relief.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
Cloudy with an 80% chance of bad posting.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I don't understand people who love this southern California bullshit of nothing but heat and sun.
Wow it's hot and boring out just like yesterday and the day before that and the whole year before that.

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

I don't understand people who love this southern California bullshit of nothing but heat and sun.
Wow it's hot and boring out just like yesterday and the day before that and the whole year before that.

that sounds like Hawaii not California

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
balls. sweaty discolored balls fill all my windows

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

frightful

EllisD
Mar 14, 2004

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT!?
Coastal California

i.e. owns

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
hahah year 2014 and people still turning computers off for thunderstorms. i bet you dont take showers either :rolleyes:

pro tip for the grandpas: if you're really worried about power fluctuations and surges during an electrical storm, do this -

1) Find a long piece of steel or iron. Sometimes its easier to find this rather than buy it (ie. rebar)

2) Cut the end off an extension cord to expose the copper inside (cut off the "female" end), then tape it directly to the metal rod

3) Open your window and poke this rod outside and shut the window on top of it so it stays.

4) Wrap the other end around your computer power cable and whatever else you want to protect a few times, imagine this as a crude copper coil in an electro magnet or motor.

5) Finally plug the extension cord into your wall or power strip where your computer is

This grounds you from the sudden negative potential of an electrical surge. Typically your "ground" connection is physically in the ground, but that's because above-ground is usually positively charged. This is the opposite during a thunderstorm though and is why electronics can be damaged.

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

EllisD posted:

Coastal California

i.e. owns

why don't you go to the beach then?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Right now it's over cast and mid 60's
I mean literally it's 1965 outside right now.

EllisD
Mar 14, 2004

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT!?

Helpimscared posted:

why don't you go to the beach then?

I walked my dog there earlier.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Shitted up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I work inside a large windowless monolith. It could be raining LITERAL cats and dogs for all I know.

• Locked thread