Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
For those unfamiliar, I've been doing volunteer work and lobbying for Washington DC's "Initiative 71" to legalize marijuana in the District. Can't use it myself due to clearance, but think it's drat silly thing to lock folks up for; plus I was bored and the campaign has girls.

Real long shot, but does anyone know a Arizonan combat veteran living in the DC area who's pro-marijuana? A colleague is working on some AZ-related weed issues in the capital, and would love to have such a person drop by a discussion or something to present a credible viewpoint. I've been pulling the vet card (and non-partaker) card for some lobbying bits, but he could really use an Arizonan? Absolute dream would be to find an AZ combat vet who uses cannabis to treat PTSD (even if not local to DC).

Anyone here? Or anyone have a 420-friendly (even if not necessarily user) buddy from Arizona who was in the recent wars and lives around DC?

EDIT: I haven't dropped around GiP in forever, so as an update to old colleagues, I finally quit my beltway bandit job with DoD (which a goon here got me in 2009) and got a... well different bandit job I guess, doing advising for foreign militaries. If my luck holds I may be moving to Barranquilla for a few months shortly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
John McCain decided weed is for pussies and gooks and has been plugging Krokodil since '88.

HTH.

If that doesn't help I'm pretty sure Cindy has to spark up a doober and take an extra careful Laura Bush-like drive every evening to stayed married to her precocious little PTSD Addled Bánh mě of a senator.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
This is the most G-rated Craigslist Crosspost I've seen on GiP

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Hey guys, my organization could really use a suicidal pothead in a military uniform as the mascot for our latest cynical panhandling drive to line the pockets of the sort of people responsible for his PTSD and drug dependency. Know anyone like that?

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
I mean thanks for being cool with weed, but uh.. "We could really use an AZ vet using weed to treat their PTSD from the wars" is the worst kind of cynical neoliberal bullshit you can imagine.

You are the 2014 (D) version of an unpaid GOP staffer looking for black marines to remove from behind the podium at Pendleton.

In short, you may sincerely be a huge piece of poo poo. But I won't hold that against you bruh, lol 420, smoke away the night terrors lol amirite??

:frogout:

JK, just go searching through tumblr. It's the hip new way for young vets to hashtag tag their triggers and change their gender pronouns while getting bombed on some serious Kush.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

For those unfamiliar, I've been doing volunteer work and lobbying for Washington DC's "Initiative 71" to legalize marijuana in the District. Can't use it myself due to clearance, but think it's drat silly thing to lock folks up for; plus I was bored and the campaign has girls.

Real long shot, but does anyone know a Arizonan combat veteran living in the DC area who's pro-marijuana? A colleague is working on some AZ-related weed issues in the capital, and would love to have such a person drop by a discussion or something to present a credible viewpoint. I've been pulling the vet card (and non-partaker) card for some lobbying bits, but he could really use an Arizonan? Absolute dream would be to find an AZ combat vet who uses cannabis to treat PTSD (even if not local to DC).

Anyone here? Or anyone have a 420-friendly (even if not necessarily user) buddy from Arizona who was in the recent wars and lives around DC?

EDIT: I haven't dropped around GiP in forever, so as an update to old colleagues, I finally quit my beltway bandit job with DoD (which a goon here got me in 2009) and got a... well different bandit job I guess, doing advising for foreign militaries. If my luck holds I may be moving to Barranquilla for a few months shortly.

Quoting for posterity.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

at the date posted:

Hey guys, my organization could really use a suicidal pothead in a military uniform as the mascot for our latest cynical panhandling drive to line the pockets of the sort of people responsible for his PTSD and drug dependency. Know anyone like that?

This guy gets it! The biggest threats to vets aren't alcoholism, mental illness, or suicide: it's smokin' the reefer.

Line the pockets of the sort of people responsible for his PTSD and drug dependency - marijuana reform advocates started the Iraq and Afghanistan wars? Is this like the thing where we accuse Big Wind and Big Solar of beating up on the pluck li'l oil companies?

In any case, for clearer contest:
- The Feds are notoriously unsupportive for researchers wanting to conduct marijuana research. It's literally easier to experiment giving people cocaine or oxy since those are Schedule II.
- A medical researcher in Arizona got fired by U of Arizona, setting back her planned study cannabis/PTSD study it took her four years to get DEA approval for. Situation kinda unclear, allegations from both sides of political bias. But regardless, AZ has gone from being just about to do serious research, to not doing it anytime soon.
- AZ, to its credit, is going ahead anyway and adding PTSD to the list of disorders that rate medical marijuana. That they can do, they just can't conduct actual studies to see how well this works.

If a Chipotle clerk walks into a congressional office and says "the feds shouldn't impede PTSD research involving marijuana", nobody cares. If someone goes to the office of their actual rep, says same thing but has personal ties to the military and people with PTSD, it's actually credible. I wouldn't say this is tokenism at all, it's looking for people specifically affected by blockages of this kind of research.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
shutup human being no one cares about weed

edit: obama got elected and that signified the end of: racism, gays being discriminated against, and anyone giving a good got-drat about weed being legalized which is why in two states it is now quasi-legal

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
ttfa, just go wander around the VA hospital, someone will help you eventually.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

http://a.pomf.se/wakmki.swf

hope this helps

Noeland
Feb 28, 2006
Talk to whip. I'm sure he has combated some stoned Arizonan vet in DC. Probably beat that septuagenarian right out of his wheel chair into the reflecting pool for toking up his glaucoma meds.

But seriously though, you're looking for a unicorn. Not too many vets on their rocker who are chiefin up. Case for your examination: Shim

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

I'm a vet who lives in VA and smokes pot, but I'm not from arizona so whatever.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
weed is for dumbs

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
Me. It's me you are looking for.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Helldump Immunity. posted:

Hello

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

you're not jesus

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I'm a non-combat AZ vet who likes pot being illegal because it keeps getting poor people sent to jail, which owns

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
we really ought to just jail all the unemployed, plus the jails and prisons would create even more jobs this is win-win

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
But then what about the cost to feed and house them? In the end, the solution is to put the capable ones to work performing low-skill manufacturing jobs for approximately no money and use the profits to support the mass of cliff baby dependents, who could be housed nearby in some sort of high-density residential complex.

haha get it because it describes both concentration camps and typical urban poverty

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jul 12, 2014

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

at the date posted:

But then what about the cost to feed and house them? In the end, the solution is to put the capable ones to work performing low-skill manufacturing jobs for approximately no money and use the profits to support the mass of cliff baby dependents, who could be housed nearby in some sort of high-density residential complex.

haha get it because it describes both concentration camps and typical urban poverty

Detroit already exists. Why mess with success?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

DownByTheWooter posted:

we really ought to just jail all the unemployed, plus the jails and prisons would create even more jobs this is win-win

I am unemployed but make like $3k a month being a welfare queen so how do I relate to this tia

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
lol like a combat vet from Arizona who smokes weed could afford to live near DC

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us

I can see it in your eyes

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I can see it in your smile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
You're all I ever wanted.

• Locked thread