Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aug 4, 2010

no i dont listen to poo poo music op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Hat Thoughts posted:

This is how it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZTUf7TD8lw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Actually In Rainbows is a great album if you replace the emphasized word in the song title with poo poo

15 Shits
Shitsnatchers
poo poo
Weird Shits/Arpeggi
All I poo poo
poo poo Arp
Shitoner
House of Shits
poo poo Falling into Place
Shittape
poo poo 1
poo poo Is the New Up
poo poo Slowly
poo poo 2
Last Shits
poo poo on the Ladder
Shitters + Mash
4 Minute poo poo

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

hey

wait

i got a new complaint.

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006
forever in debt to your priceless advice, lowtax & goons <3

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

paranoid randroid posted:

creep is 22 years old and i suggest everyone in this thread go pick their kids up from summer camp because you promised hunter and kelsye youd get baskin robbins today, remember?

I never reproduced so joke's on you, idiot *plays videogames*

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

quote:

The Hate:

Everyone loved the song ... that is, except for Radiohead's frontman, Thom Yorke.

Even though Radiohead had skyrocketed to worldwide fame, at the time they were only famous because of "Creep." People would show up to Radiohead concerts just to hear that song and then leave, which frustrated the famously temperamental Yorke to no end (despite the fact that Radiohead deliberately capitalized on its success by specifically touring in countries where it was popular).

Worse yet (in Yorke's eyes), people were connecting Yorke himself with the song, believing that he was the lonely, depressed subject of its narrative. He quickly grew to despise "Creep" for making him a poster boy for self-loathing (in addition to, and we cannot stress this enough, making his band both popular and relevant). He rechristened the song "Crap," and displayed about as much affection for it as that would suggest (Yorke claims that Radiohead "sucked Satan's cock" when they rode "Creep" to stardom, a statement likely made from within the mansion that Satan's cock paid for).

When fans inevitably request "Creep," Yorke has responded on various occasions by telling them to gently caress off, storming offstage, and inexplicably calling everyone in the audience "anally retarded," which is an affliction we cannot begin to imagine. The band has even asked other artists they tour with to play it for them, just so they won't have to. Keep in mind that tickets to see Radiohead routinely sell for hundreds of dollars, so imagine paying that price, as a fan, only to see their biggest hit get sweatily mashed out by an unwashed Moby. That is exactly how Thom Yorke feels about "Creep."

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
lmao radiohead

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

SirEvelynTremble posted:

He rechristened the song "Crap,"

Quite the witty frontman, he should post in GBS

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
thats a joke article. radiohead regularly play creep at concerts

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I'm a creep OP

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
http://mic.com/articles/64555/6-bands-who-hate-the-songs-that-made-them-famous

http://mentalfloss.com/article/51906/10-artists-who-hated-their-biggest-hit

http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2014/jun/23/bands-hate-songs-led-zeppelin-stairway-heaven-radiohead-creep

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

thats a joke article. radiohead regularly play creep at concerts

Yeah once a joke starts on the internets it just groes an groes!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
radiohead = pretentious prima donnas

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

That feel when you listen to Radiohead - Creep in 8th period study hall and you just start laughing

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
i remember when kid a came out thom was qouted saying something about how rem was the only good artist at this mtv event that was full of nothing but nu-metalers and rappers. thom is racist and classist!!! haha!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

jonny greenwood is a classically trained man who did the music for There Will Be blood

most people don't know that, now you do, and can be a huge prick about it

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hat Thoughts posted:

Anyone wanna just sit outside on the porch steps, put on some headphones, play Creep - Radiohead, and just start thinking about life?

Creep came out when I was 9 years old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
i love this song the guitar at the start is like a harley davidson starting up

• Locked thread