Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Serious answer: No

The threat of pedophilia is overblown and isn't a problem worth devoting more resources to dealing with then we already are.

Right now just the accusation of being a pedophile is enough to destroy a persons career even if the person is found to be innocent. Convicted, they serve long sentences where they have to be segregated from other prisoners (who want to murder them) and when they are let out, they usually have to do stuff like announce where they are moving to and tell everyone that they are a pedophile.

This situation is already open to being exploited and witch hunts, what you're proposing would make it even worse and likely wouldn't do much to deal with pedophilia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

i clicked on this therad because i saw 'weed' v:shobon:v

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Chris Awful posted:

Who is going to mug you or rape your child or kill their family, when they are being monitored?

My primary suspect would be the people doing the monitoring.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Shadoer posted:

Serious answer: No

The threat of pedophilia is overblown and isn't a problem worth devoting more resources to dealing with then we already are.

Right now just the accusation of being a pedophile is enough to destroy a persons career even if the person is found to be innocent. Convicted, they serve long sentences where they have to be segregated from other prisoners (who want to murder them) and when they are let out, they usually have to do stuff like announce where they are moving to and tell everyone that they are a pedophile.

This situation is already open to being exploited and witch hunts, what you're proposing would make it even worse and likely wouldn't do much to deal with pedophilia.

pedophile spotted

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
pedophiles are the number one problem facing america and if you disagree you must not have kids

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Al Cowens posted:

We should jail children for molesting themselves whenever they're caught jerking off.

You can't be soft on them. You gotta go in hard to plow your authority into them. We have to instill fear over the population, we must publicy hang any children caught doing what they are not suppose to be doing. It is the only way society will conform and grow with prosperity.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

you irl posted:

pedophiles are the number one problem facing america and if you disagree you must not have kids

well i definitely don't have kids

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

anyone who loves any child should be described as a pedophile and dealt with accordingly

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

EugeneJ posted:

Usually the ones who crusade against pedophiles end up being pedophiles.

this is true, i used to go on daily verbal crusades against paedophiles, saying that they should be castrated and if that doesn't stop them fiddling they should have their hands chopped off. i didnt take it further than that, but people got suspicious. now when i hang around playgrounds, and a parent says "what do you think about paedophiles?" i said "i don't!" this works a lot better.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

No.

Cops can get a warrant with probable cause.

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax

Hingehead posted:

my childhood lover

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Why do you want to take pics of children in the park op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon