Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

in this one hyacinth gets super drunk and makes a fool of herself in front of an aristocrat. seems like towards the end this show took a dark turn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 635 days!

Fandyien posted:

in this one hyacinth gets super drunk and makes a fool of herself in front of an aristocrat. seems like towards the end this show took a dark turn

She is actually raped in every single episode, it's a recurring, often hard to spot, gag.

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Drunk & Ugly posted:

true but isnt that Irish comedy? i don't think it had much to do with brit tv at all

gently caress i love that show, it cant not lift your spirits if youre sick or feeling bad, just put all the seasons in a playlist and go
it was made by Irish people for the UK's Channel 4. It is def super good though, Graham Linehan is a genius.

Fun fact: him and Arthur Mathews also wrote all of the Ted & Ralph stuff for the Fast Show, including this \/\/ which is the single best sketch in human history
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjM89wRMY9I

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 635 days!

I'm Crap posted:

it was made by Irish people for the UK's Channel 4. It is def super good though, Graham Linehan is a genius.

Fun fact: him and Arthur Mathews also wrote all of the Ted & Ralph stuff for the Fast Show, including this \/\/ which is the single best sketch in human history

That's what he gets for having a potato wife, they never keep long.

They always turnup dead

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

Cesar Cedeno posted:

They always turnup dead

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

Cesar Cedeno posted:

Father Ted is good poo poo.

lol at all the Brits who are shocked Americans have seen Keeping up Appearances.

our Public Broadcasting Stations loving love old British shows. My local PBS still shows KUA, and Are you Being Served every other night.

As I'm usually piss drunk by this time, I'm loving pumped to watch some old british sitcoms.

are you being served is so much better than the office and/or parks and rec its insane

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Nude Bog Lurker posted:

are you being served is so much better than the office and/or parks and rec its insane

Insert joke about Hyacinths pussy.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Drunk & Ugly posted:

true but isnt that Irish comedy? i don't think it had much to do with brit tv at all

gently caress i love that show, it cant not lift your spirits if youre sick or feeling bad, just put all the seasons in a playlist and go

who cares they're both very white and eat bad food

Beige
Sep 13, 2004
2/5 - no belly laughs

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

do people actually get belly laughs out of sitcoms

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 635 days!

Beige posted:

2/5 - no belly laughs

T.Hayward is dead inside. 2009 tho, probably offed himself by now.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.
my pussy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
I wish netflix had some old bbc comedies. I'd watch the hell out of Good Neighbors and Doctor in the House and Butterflies

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

I'm Crap posted:

Emphasis on Arthur Matthews though, if you want proof just look at everything linehan has produced since, its all complete garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychotic Puggle
May 21, 2012

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash!

henpod posted:

Her dumpy sister who married onslow was pretty hot.

fixed

• Locked thread