Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

SpeedGem posted:

I still have to give a guy 100 dollars to smoke a bowl.

someday

this is me and its to smoke 100 dollars worth of weed any time you want im waiting dude :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

ahahaha I remember seeing this thread when it was first up in SA mart.

BillyGilmore posted:

Apps posted:

These things are never worth the money. How do you people not know this by now?
Go ahead and move along...

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nice Reddit Account posted:

Why mods prob8 me?

maybe u tried to be funny?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

I didn't understand why this wasn't a goldmine thread until the end when every became lame rear end do nothing nerd batman.

This one is good because people are probated for making funny jokes then a mod makes a really lame joke and suddenly jokes are ok. Remember kids, jokes aren't funny until a mod drives it into the dirt. Then you may laugh at the jokes twitching corpse.

Cyberball 2072 fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jul 22, 2014

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

a bunch of goons gettin owned by an internet scam and then realizing how powerless they were about it, what a thread

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

im not reading the whole mystery box thread, someone summarize it

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

-dude selling mystery boxes promises awesome prizes and 50 dollars worth of stuff for only 30 bucks!!!!
-boxes turn out to be filled with dollar store crap and poo poo he found laying around his house, to the surprise of no one who isnt an idiot
-goons find his name and info but theres nothing anyone can do besides dirty his name online
the end

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

babypolis posted:

-dude selling mystery boxes promises awesome prizes and 50 dollars worth of stuff for only 30 bucks!!!!
-boxes turn out to be filled with dollar store crap and poo poo he found laying around his house
-goons find his name and info but theres nothing anyone can do besides dirty his name online
the end

-A few goons early on say, "hey this sounds like a bad idea" and then get told to take a hike because they're party poopers. When people later point out that there were warnings and the ripped off parties shoulda seen a scam a mile away those folks are also told take a hike and no one suspected a scam because A GOON WOULD NEVER RIP OFF ANOTHER GOON! Like we're all blood brothers or some creepy poo poo.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Guys I won't rip you off because I paid :10bux: and that means something. ohana means family

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

its a pretty good insight on how people who are probably otherwise decently smart can be easily scammed

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Affinity scams shouldn't work on goons because goons hate goons. loving goons.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

babypolis posted:

probably otherwise decently smart

lmao

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Cyberball 2072 posted:

This one is good because people are probated for making funny jokes then a mod makes a really lame joke and suddenly jokes are ok. Remember kids, jokes aren't funny until a mod drives it into the dirt. Then you may laugh at the jokes twitching corpse.

I'm not a mod suck-up by any means, but you best watch your whore mouth when you talk about Shine.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

This is amazing.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Cyberball 2072 posted:

-A few goons early on say, "hey this sounds like a bad idea" and then get told to take a hike because they're party poopers. When people later point out that there were warnings and the ripped off parties shoulda seen a scam a mile away those folks are also told take a hike and no one suspected a scam because A GOON WOULD NEVER RIP OFF ANOTHER GOON! Like we're all blood brothers or some creepy poo poo.

There's one post in the end where someone says "Yeah well nobody earlier in the thread actually said that they thought it was a SCAM. Just that it was a really awful idea."

Yeah like that really would've made a difference.

Nice Reddit Account
Nov 27, 2013

by XyloJW

babypolis posted:

its a pretty good insight on how people who are probably otherwise decently smart can be easily scammed

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

babypolis posted:

goons are loving idiots tho it's the echo chamber that makes them think they're smart

it's not much difference from right wingers, religious fundies, or pretty much any other inclusive group

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
if goons will crowdfund a hot dog place for an idiot racist who cooks like poo poo, or spend hundreds/thousands of dollars on pixel spaceships for a game that not only doesn't exist but which has missed just about every deadline it has set for itself, they will let themselves get scammed into buying boxes full of dollar store poo poo

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

a creepy colon posted:

maybe u tried to be funny?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

First Bass posted:

if goons will crowdfund a hot dog place for an idiot racist who cooks like poo poo, or spend hundreds/thousands of dollars on pixel spaceships for a game that not only doesn't exist but which has missed just about every deadline it has set for itself, they will let themselves get scammed into buying boxes full of dollar store poo poo

i love how goons actively provoked doob into scamming them. not even alzheimer ridden old ladies would call a nigerian phone number and ask about getting scammed. even today, some goons are still not completely, absolutely sure that it was a scam.

probably otherwise decently smart? yeah, keep dreaming

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

goons are probably slightly above average, judging by poo poo like writing skills and what not. but average people are retarded so its still pretty dumb

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

babypolis posted:

goons are probably slightly above average, judging by poo poo like writing skills and what not. but average people are retarded so its still pretty dumb

I know a lot of people that are very intelligent but don't have a lick of common sense. I think that may apply to a great many here.

Props to Satan (92)

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Its a crime to link to an amazon listing that is priced less than what the op is selling in an attempt to haggle and u will be probated or banned for doing so

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I got a really good deal on SA Mart for my computer. I mean wtf $450 bucks for something a guy probably dumped $1500 bucks into 6 months before.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I read the sa-mart rules and that's what they said

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Its a crime to link to an amazon listing that is priced less than what the op is selling in an attempt to haggle and u will be probated or banned for doing so
Why is that a rule? Seems pretty self explanatory as a "hey people sell this for less on amazon/ebay" point.

I mean poo poo if that's against the rules whats stopping me from just selling things I don't have and then buying them as a gift to the person off amazon with my prime account, I'd save on shipping too.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

ArbitraryC posted:

Why is that a rule? Seems pretty self explanatory as a "hey people sell this for less on amazon/ebay" point.

I mean poo poo if that's against the rules whats stopping me from just selling things I don't have and then buying them as a gift to the person off amazon with my prime account, I'd save on shipping too.

not even that, you can't link to say, an official store listing for a new copy that is priced less than a dumbass idiot goon's used copy of (x)

[it's dumb]

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I got a really good deal on SA Mart for my computer. I mean wtf $450 bucks for something a guy probably dumped $1500 bucks into 6 months before.

Guy just dumping his tainted hardware before the feds show up

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

THE PENETRATOR posted:

not even that, you can't link to say, an official store listing for a new copy that is priced less than a dumbass idiot goon's used copy of (x)

[it's dumb]

Whirlwind Jones posted:

You're not allowed to troll bad SA Mart posts which I think is dumb and wrong.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Iggy Koopa posted:

this is me and its to smoke 100 dollars worth of weed any time you want im waiting dude :)

How much weed does a hunnerd capitalist fun bux buy you?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Whoa no ones asked for my freedom before. If if thread that this dude is linking doesn't show up (it won't load on my ipad) it was some guy selling some bullshit for like, 20 dollars off. He even said in the op he could sell it for more on eBay, then bitched when people low balled him. I told him to go loving sell it on eBay then. Got probated. Worth it.

I can't view the wii u thread for some reason. Sucks.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
What is the thread that everyone was calling hilarious? It's hidden now for some (probably stupid) reason.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Count Freebasie posted:

I know a lot of people that are very intelligent but don't have a lick of common sense. I think that may apply to a great many here.

Props to Satan (92)

You are getting on very casual terms with our dark Overlord

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Someone summarize all the threads posted ITT because the awful app is awful and doesn't load threads navigated to from another thread

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Someone summarize all the threads posted ITT because the awful app is awful and doesn't load threads navigated to from another thread

Yes it does. One of the linked topics was memory holed though. (Get awful betamax if you don't have it.)

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i have it shut up dont lie to me any link takes me to a blank page with the same title as this

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Jeffrey posted:

What is the thread that everyone was calling hilarious? It's hidden now for some (probably stupid) reason.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3338464&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

nah i meant the other one, dogecoins or something?

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
some guy was buying (?) something and would only accept bitcoins as payment or something it was dumb and then a bunch of random people came in and started fake posting stuff to make fun of him and they all got probated and then a mod came in and made fun o fhim and then immediately after it was magically ok to troll the op and not get probated for it that was probably the only notable thing about it.

threads where people are trying to sell something that you can literally get cheaper brand new on amazon and then get all indignant when someone points it out are the better sa mart threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Whirlwind Jones posted:

some guy was buying (?) something and would only accept bitcoins as payment or something it was dumb and then a bunch of random people came in and started fake posting stuff to make fun of him and they all got probated and then a mod came in and made fun o fhim and then immediately after it was magically ok to troll the op and not get probated for it that was probably the only notable thing about it.

threads where people are trying to sell something that you can literally get cheaper brand new on amazon and then get all indignant when someone points it out are the better sa mart threads.

yeah i got probated for pointing that out in 2006

• Locked thread