Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
i don't know how you get pumped for working out or raiding or even getting out of bed. its very inspiring. personally i rank it in my top ten collection of anime moments. it was bigger than anime tho. really makes you think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
a student project where you kiss giant robots and you have different powers at different times

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

gently caress the ROW posted:

a student project where you kiss giant robots and you have different powers at different times

id appreciate it if this thread were about how dragon ball z gave you confidence to do real life things

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I'm looking to start watching it op, but are there any good vids of cell dying with dub steep or nu metal playing loud in the background?

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Real hurthling! posted:

I'm looking to start watching it op, but are there any good vids of cell dying with dub steep or nu metal playing loud in the background?

i bet you put a1 sauce on your steak too

Death By Yogurt
Apr 3, 2007

This is the face I made when Trunks cut Frieza in half with a sword.

And then I had a mild aneurysm.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I just watch the part where the robots who can fly go on a 15 episode road trip.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i never saw an episode of the goku show

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

This is my alarm clock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-hdxds3V-0

GUYS STOP
Jun 7, 2003
Grimey Drawer
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NECRO BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXY’S MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

that green terrorist is going to blow up some people

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

I remember gohan turning into a cocky little gently caress once he hit ssj2 and he kept toying with cell even when everyone was screaming DUDE FINISH HIM

so cell tried to explode himself and goku died (again) getting him away

tldr; gently caress gohan

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Goku fighting Frieza is an allegory for Christ redeeming us

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i only really watched until the end of frieza and the whole time i was thinking lol this fruity looking homo is meant to be the big bad?

Dead.juice
Dec 14, 2011

Sexier than assless chaps
Meh, I'm waiting for Team Four Star to get to that season in Dragonball Abridged.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Dead.juice posted:

Meh, I'm waiting for Team Four Star to get to that season in Dragonball Abridged.

Watching that little clip reminded me how well they've fixed the pacing, god that dragged how did I watch that as a kid.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCxWUKMJfEI

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Picollo vs 17 was a much better fight

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Pon de Bundy posted:

Goku fighting Frieza is an allegory for Christ redeeming us

Since Krillan dying was the catalyst for him going super, does that mean Krillan is Judas?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

this sweet move posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NECRO BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXY’S MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT
this

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

holy poo poo that remastering was god awful

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

holy poo poo that remastering was god awful

No thank god that isn't in Kai, they redid the lines and no one says gosh.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Dbz is the best cartoon ever made

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

that fight gets kinda boring towards the end. everything up until cell blows up is good tho

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
The theme song for Star Blazers/Space Battleship Yamato is hella inspiring.

http://youtu.be/0H5xz8alVfo

http://youtu.be/42jnNqBHqnA

The WW2-era Yamato was a piece of poo poo that sat around uselessly in Yokohama while the war was being fought, got laughed out of the climactic Battle of Leyte Gulf (a US destroyer fired a spread of torpedoes, the dumb captain turned AWAY from the torpedoes instead of into them, and spent about 20 minutes running away from the torpedoes while Yakety Sax played in the background), then got sent on a suicide mission because it was literally better off being sunk than sitting around in the harbor wasting money and manpower.

So getting turned into a space ship that flies around picking up hot alien chicks, saving the earth, and blowing the gently caress out of entire planets is some kind of motivational story for battleships. Like the kid who got picked on in high school coming to the first reunion with a Playmate on one arm and a planet-saving alien device on the other. It's a metaphor for life really

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lol le epic dbz meme thx for the lulz op

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
New dbz movie coming to theaters i hear

Dead.juice
Dec 14, 2011

Sexier than assless chaps

SD87 posted:

New dbz movie coming to theaters i hear

Can't wait. Last one was amazing. Heard M. Night Shyamalan would be directing it. Chris Pine is going to be Goku, CANNOT WAIT.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i have seen approxmately 450 episodes of dragonball but that episode is not one of them

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

No thank god that isn't in Kai, they redid the lines and no one says gosh.

That's the worst thing I've ever heard.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
If anyone stars as Goku in a live action film, they would have to play him as someone who was literally dropped right on their head as a kid. A important plot point no less. He is good natured, and caring individual, but he is straight up stupid and dangerously naive. He thought marriage meant food. He gives the bad guy every advantage he can. Characters good and bad are frequently stunned at his antics.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Shnag posted:

If anyone stars as Goku in a live action film, they would have to play him as someone who was literally dropped right on their head as a kid. A important plot point no less. He is good natured, and caring individual, but he is straight up stupid and dangerously naive. He thought marriage meant food. He gives the bad guy every advantage he can. Characters good and bad are frequently stunned at his antics.

As they should, Goku as a character was in fact dropped on his head as a baby, hence why he forgot to be evil. But I think thats what you meant. now that I think of it.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Shnag posted:

There was a live action film.

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why
i sometimes lift my weights to vegeta's super saiyan theme cuz it's all about pain and sacrifice man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

Tarkus posted:

As they should, Goku as a character was in fact dropped on his head as a baby, hence why he forgot to be evil. But I think thats what you meant. now that I think of it.

Yeah I did, it was big drop too, off a freaking cliff no less.

Matoi Ryuko posted:

There was a live action film.

Yeah, a terrible one, but that doesn't preclude Goku being in an other movie, just like Batman has many versions, Goku could too. Although, I doubt anyone can properly play his complete lack of interest in sex or never acting remotely like an adult. I never saw more then a few minutes of the live action DBZ movie, but the fact he seems to a cocky rear end who gets with Bulma is completely against Goku's personality. Sure at some point Chi-Chi gets pregnant twice with Goku's kids, but I don't think Goku was mentally old enough to consent to any of it.

• Locked thread