Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Xaris posted:

I’m sure you’ve heard the word “pheromones.” But do you understand what they are and how they work? Here’s some help: Pheromones are airborne chemical signals that are released by an individual into the environment and which affect the physiology or behaviour of other members of the same species.

Unlike scent, pheromones operate subconsciously and are actually odorless. So what happens biologically when pheromones are released? Here’s the 3-step process:
We take in pheromones through the Vomeronasal Organ in the nose.

They stimulate the area of the brain that produces emotion and emotional response.
Sexual response, desire, and arousal are triggered.

How do we exchange these invisible chemical signals? Via greetings, like handshakes and kisses. The face and hands (as well as the ears) are areas of concentrated sweat glands — and therefore pheromone-rich. The “Eskimo kiss,” which involves the rubbing together of noses, is really a mutual sniff test.

But pheromones aren’t limited to attraction. As many female roommates can attest to, pheromones can also induce “ovarian synchrony” — or the synchronization of menstrual cycles. (Note: Hormonal birth control disrupts the role of pheromones in both attraction and menstrual synchronization.)

Men aren’t the only ones considered more attractive due to their sent: A study conducted on “professional lap dancers” (their politically correct terminology, not mine) suggests that women are considered more attractive during “estrus” — the most fertile time in a woman’s cycle, which is the human equivalent of being “in heat.” This is explained via subtle changes in odor, symmetry, attractiveness, and a decreased waist-to-hip ratio. The “lap dancers” made around $70 an hour during their peak period of fertility, versus about $35 while menstruating and $50 in between. (Note: Birth control pills strike again: Dancers on hormonal birth control did not experience a spike in earnings during estrus. Who knew The Pill could be your economic downfall?) Fun fact: Around 5300 lap dances were performed during the course of this study. Pheromones or not, that’s a lot of happy laps.

Still not convinced? Fine. Here’s another study demonstrating the power of pheromones: Men were told only that the shirts had been “worn by a women,” and then asked to sniff a selection of t-shirts. Those who sniffed t-shirts worn by ovulating women had higher testosterone levels than men who sniffed t-shirts worn by non-ovulating women or by no woman at all (sneaky researchers!).

Homosexual pheromone reactions differ from heterosexual reactions.

This study concluded that homosexual men were attracted to/aroused by male pheromones, which may be an indicator that sexual orientation is linked to pheromone attraction and reaction.

Pheromones can be present in sweat, so natural body odor can be attractive to others — and women are particularly likely to be attracted to a man’s body odor. Testosterone is what makes men taller, darker, and more masculine in their facial features. It’s also what produces a “masculine scent.” However, because of bacteria, the ‘attractive’ body odor emitted by pheromones can quickly be replaced with a less-than-pleasant body odor.

All this is saying that goons should piss on themselves instead of showering before going out at night to a bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HalPhilipWalker
Feb 14, 2008
Does Christmas smell like oranges to you?
Why would anyone want to have sex? It seems like a lot of effort to me.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I did it op.

Been rolling in pussy ever since.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
had to use someone else's cum though because i'm a total beta and women can smell that in my cum.

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW
That piss thread was hilarious but lol @ the people in this thread trying to deny the effect of pheromones on sexual attraction. Rubbing piss on yourself obviously doesn't work because we have evolved to find piss disgusting. However, women are instinctively attracted to the pheromones in male sweat, because sweating (from exercise, not from being a gross fatass) shows that the man has just performed physical labour. Whenever I go out after hitting the gym I never shower. The effect that my scent has on females is astounding.

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011
Your wall of text was kind of infuriating. You and Jenny McCarthy should talk sometime about science. I'm sure you'd get along swell.

Let's see what a variety of real life scientists would say:

-"If the human VNO (vomeronasal organ) is involved in pheromonal communication, it is remarkably small in absolute and proportional size compared with that of other primates."
-"Much more work is needed to characterize the cells of the human VNO that have been identified as receptor candidates, especially because they only show nonspecific similarities to the vomeronasal receptors of other mammals (Trotier et al., 2000). Meredith (2001) considered this population of cells to be too sparse to generate a detectable electrical potential, suggesting that other possibilities must be investigated."
-"The results of several reports (Jacob et al., 2000; Smith et al., 2001a; Bhatnagar and Smith, 2001) have suggested that not all investigators are examining the identical structure—some studies may have inadvertently identified gland ducts or a remnant of the nasopalatine duct as the human VNO."
-"Of the 253 human subjects they examined, only 6% possessed a VNO"
-"Such studies have reported an incidence for the VNO from 6 to 100%."
-"[other studies]provided inconsistent and sometimes uncertain data. Our findings show that the VNO is always present even when its opening is either invisible or cannot be traced."

So basically, we don't know, scientists are still arguing about it. And you copy/pasted a big load of pseudoscience bullshit.

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW

Paper Diamonds posted:

Your wall of text was kind of infuriating. You and Jenny McCarthy should talk sometime about science. I'm sure you'd get along swell.

Let's see what a variety of real life scientists would say:

-"If the human VNO (vomeronasal organ) is involved in pheromonal communication, it is remarkably small in absolute and proportional size compared with that of other primates."
-"Much more work is needed to characterize the cells of the human VNO that have been identified as receptor candidates, especially because they only show nonspecific similarities to the vomeronasal receptors of other mammals (Trotier et al., 2000). Meredith (2001) considered this population of cells to be too sparse to generate a detectable electrical potential, suggesting that other possibilities must be investigated."
-"The results of several reports (Jacob et al., 2000; Smith et al., 2001a; Bhatnagar and Smith, 2001) have suggested that not all investigators are examining the identical structure—some studies may have inadvertently identified gland ducts or a remnant of the nasopalatine duct as the human VNO."
-"Of the 253 human subjects they examined, only 6% possessed a VNO"
-"Such studies have reported an incidence for the VNO from 6 to 100%."
-"[other studies]provided inconsistent and sometimes uncertain data. Our findings show that the VNO is always present even when its opening is either invisible or cannot be traced."

So basically, we don't know, scientists are still arguing about it. And you copy/pasted a big load of pseudoscience bullshit.

How often do you get laid?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Steampunk iPhone posted:

That piss thread was hilarious but lol @ the people in this thread trying to deny the effect of pheromones on sexual attraction. Rubbing piss on yourself obviously doesn't work because we have evolved to find piss disgusting. However, women are instinctively attracted to the pheromones in male sweat, because sweating (from exercise, not from being a gross fatass) shows that the man has just performed physical labour. Whenever I go out after hitting the gym I never shower. The effect that my scent has on females is astounding.

actually saliva is probably one of the easiest ways to attract someone because there's some hella powerful pheromones in it. the solution to get sex all the time is to shove your tongue down peoples throats

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

Steampunk iPhone posted:

How often do you get laid?

p. much on the daily unless me and GF got other stuff going on

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW

Paper Diamonds posted:

p. much on the daily unless me and GF got other stuff going on

Grats on your chubby goon GF.

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

Steampunk iPhone posted:

chubby goon GF.
more cushion for the pushin'

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
sounds like they don't know about the REAL pheromone that attracts women

Steely Dan's music

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

SunAndSpring posted:

sounds like they don't know about the REAL pheromone that attracts women

Steely Dan's music

St Vincent is right!

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Robo Reagan posted:

actually saliva is probably one of the easiest ways to attract someone because there's some hella powerful pheromones in it. the solution to get sex all the time is to shove your tongue down peoples throats

Spit in their mouth while their talking. Problem solved. :colbert:

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
I spit in my hands all day and rub it all through my hair. With my awesomely styled pheromone hair and the week old underwear that is hardened with pre cum/ejaculate and pungent piss reeking from my jeans means I'm ready to gently caress at a moments notice and I'm totally down.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
If you do that, and it really really turns you on, are you gay, trans, or just have a pee-jizz fetish?

Asking for a friend.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

I am Toni Lippi posted:

I spit in my hands all day and rub it all through my hair. With my awesomely styled pheromone hair and the week old underwear that is hardened with pre cum/ejaculate and pungent piss reeking from my jeans means I'm ready to gently caress at a moments notice and I'm totally down.

Jesus how do you even get to all of your daily responsibilities with all that pussy just being thrown at you?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if you're so desperate you're using urine extract to try and attract females through chemistry then holy poo poo

:iit:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

if you're so desperate you're using urine extract to try and attract females through chemisty then holy poo poo

:iit:
once they are atttracted successfully what do you say when they come across your home piss lab?

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Dmso and semen in a super soaker

veilo
Jul 17, 2010

Never posts
There is no way this can not work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
yeah literally all of us did it, but we're too embarrassed to admit it so we just pretend we're joking. ha. ha ha.

• Locked thread