Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Tenzarin posted:

I would kidnap people and force them to watch cheesy movies, the worst I can find. la la la

Will they have to sit and watch them all, as you moniter their minds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Juanito posted:

why would the poor people kill each other if they could target the rich?

he asked, with America right outside

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

indigi posted:

I feel like so much more mundane poo poo would happen during the purge, like "if you don't come in and work unpaid OT you'll be fired." health insurance companies sending agents out to murk old cancer patients. or like even lightweight poo poo like a bunch of rappers dropping albums full of samples they didn't have to clear

i would read the F*CK out of my neighbors mail

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
If you're in a hospital, for dialysis or chemo or something the day before, do the doctors just leave you with a shotgun and a "smell you later"?

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

was gonna ask why there was a viral marketing campaign for a film that was a year old but they already managed to churn out a sequel? guess this is the new saw; a cool concept strung out into a franchise that never really gets delivered on

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Finally saw this last night. So dumb. In the real world with real people no way, no way at all, would the savings from eliminating the old, the sick, and the unemployable poor outweigh the costs in property damage. People loving love vandalism. Theft too. When law and order breaks down (situations like hurricane katrina, or even a Vancouver hockey riot) there is tons of property damage. A few deaths, a few rapes, a good number of injuries/assaults, sure, and great heaping portions of theft and vandalism.

The movie even points out that as long as the police aren't coming, any fool can break into a building with a decent security system if they have trucks and chains. Maybe not a bank vault, but any reasonable level of security on retail stores would be down within an hour. Steal some heavy construction equipment and you can avoid the security system entirely by just driving through the walls.

The entire premise is absurd.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

ilikedirt posted:

i would read the F*CK out of my neighbors mail

Sure, but be sneaky because they can legally shoot you for it.

A movie about mundane people committing mundane crimes would be good drama in the right hands.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Go to a mattress store and rip off all the tags!

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Oh man my neighbor just killed my whole family. There's no way I'm going to retaliate the day after the purge because it's illegal.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Ramsus posted:

Oh man my neighbor just killed my whole family. There's no way I'm going to retaliate the day after the purge because it's illegal.

Keep in mind that this franchise takes place in "The Future", so for all we know they have Judge Dredd-like judges who'll hunt you down and execute you on the spot if you do anything against the law on any other day of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

King Vidiot posted:

Keep in mind that this franchise takes place in "The Future", so for all we know they have Judge Dredd-like judges who'll hunt you down and execute you on the spot if you do anything against the law on any other day of the year.

:what: It is only 10 years in the future. Besides, if you have decided to kill the guy that killed your family, you probably don't care what happens to you afterwards.

I wonder what prisons are like in purge-america? They are full of exactly the sort of "undesirables" the purge is designed to eliminate, all protected by walls, fences and armed guards.

• Locked thread