Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

quakster posted:

afaik it has an ok setting but falls into the typical shonen pattern p quickly

i would suggest watching jojo's bizarre adventure: stardust crusaders instead. its tropey as hell but also loving ridiculous in an entertaining way

jojo is so old that it popularized the tropes saying that it's tropey is like saying that the beatles are tropey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I watched like two of those on netflix once. Its probably the only anime I've seen in ... well maybe 10 years if i had to guess. I only did so because I was assured it was very un anime like

it was pretty anime like

unique story I guess, but I stopped

a gay lion named Tangiers
Jul 30, 2013

Grey Skies posted:

are you asking this because you have no actual friends to ask op

no

in fact i'm only watching it because one of my actual friends suggested it

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I may sound like a broken record, but instead of watching Attack on Titan which is bad and stupid, you should watch Shigurui Death Frenzy which is good and cool.

Guards
Dec 30, 2006

Should you be here?
Should you be doing that?
If you liked Princess Mononoke but get aggravated by anime stuff then this is a decent middle ground. It's not nearly as severe as a lot of other anime, and the action and suspense are good.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Smoking Crow posted:

jojo is so old that it popularized the tropes saying that it's tropey is like saying that the beatles are tropey
yeah but its relevant in the context of a recommendation. part 3 is literally pokemon except the trainers are serial killers with magic powers

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Yes op, I would still like you.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I require that all my friends let me gently caress them in the rear end

up to you, OP

Buschmaki posted:

I may sound like a broken record, but instead of watching Attack on Titan which is bad and stupid, you should watch Shigurui Death Frenzy which is good and cool.

Sure buddy I sure will watch the shigrgrarugi death frenzy sounds great

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If they'd just made the whole show about Mikasa being the MC and Eren and Armin being her gay comedy relief duo, it'd be anime of the millennium.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Twelve Batmans posted:

If they'd just made the whole show about Mikasa being the MC and Eren and Armin being her gay comedy relief duo, it'd be anime of the millennium.

a show about a piece of plywood with muscles and tits would suck

Aug 4, 2010

i dont talk anime with my friends

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Robo Reagan posted:

a show about a piece of plywood with muscles and tits would suck

Doesn't stop anyone from liking Korra.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
Leave it to a loving anime to gently caress up a premise as simple and intriguing as 'dystopian future where humanity lives in fear of monolithic human-eating giants outside the city walls'.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

awful lot of white folk talking about anime in here

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Buschmaki posted:

death frenzy is crazy as gently caress

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

awful lot of white folk talking about anime in here

*snort* hmm yessss let me recommend you Niguru Kawai Death Cool Funsize Attack, it's the best anime this side of Naruru Bachi bachi... "attack on titan" how quaint *adjusts glasses*

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

All Senior Citizens Should Have Anime

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Don Tacorleone posted:

*snort* hmm yessss let me recommend you Niguru Kawai Death Cool Funsize Attack, it's the best anime this side of Naruru Bachi bachi... "attack on titan" how quaint *adjusts glasses*

It's only 7,434 episodes of 25 minutes in length each so as anime goes it's a short series, watch it *snort*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

i dont have any friends, but id still be mad at you

• Locked thread