Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

dwarf74 posted:

I have no idea what's in them. I got all of Rise of the Runelords, but didn't even crack open the 2nd through 6th ones. Canceled after, because I liked 4e.

They are still on a shelf somewhere.

The third one is the really bad how the hell did they go to print on this one one. The fifth one is just not appropriate for anyone before the age of 18.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.

Winson_Paine posted:

I read something in on huffpo about crowdfunding the other day. WTF is that? I wonder if it will do anything for TG poo poo

Nah, no one could be that stupid.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Oh man a new version of Warhammer 40k came out, and I LOVED Dawn of War, I should grab it and I could learn to play it with my dad!

[[:smith:]]

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Winson_Paine posted:

I read something in on huffpo about crowdfunding the other day. WTF is that? I wonder if it will do anything for TG poo poo
I hope not, we would just get swamped with badly thought out games that just pander to nerds (zombies! chthulu! fantasy!) in order to get money from them. A future I wouldn't like to live in, that'd be horrible.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Gau posted:

Nah, no one could be that stupid.

Hey, Greg Stolze has been doing it for years- that's how his 'ransom model' works.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Tekopo posted:

I hope not, we would just get swamped with badly thought out games that just pander to nerds (zombies! chthulu! fantasy!) in order to get money from them. A future I wouldn't like to live in, that'd be horrible.

Eh, it's all pretty harmless unless we get some creep trying to fund his hentai dick monster fantasy.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Tekopo posted:

swamped with badly thought out games

It is 2008, and there is time for
the OGL.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Bosushi! posted:

Eh, it's all pretty harmless unless we get some creep trying to fund his hentai dick monster fantasy.
Haha yeah, or maybe his hentai nazi card game fantasy.

That'll never happen, thank god.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Have you heard about the OSR? Apparently people are making "retro-clones" of older editions of D&D. I wonder if this is related to the controversy surrounding D&D's new edition.

VoidTek
Jul 30, 2002

HAPPYELF WAS RIGHT
Happyelf, jeez. You gotta be more careful man, you're really going to get yourself in it deep one of these days. Hppaypwlef, what are you doing, no...nooo......

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Judgement posted:

Happyelf, jeez. You gotta be more careful man, you're really going to get yourself in it deep one of these days. Hppaypwlef, what are you doing, no...nooo......
I do wish he'd shut up about how all the PBP games should have their own forum, and that it should a subforum of the main trad gaming discussion forum. Dude just has to accept that it'll never happen. No way, no how.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

Covok posted:

Have you heard about the OSR? Apparently people are making "retro-clones" of older editions of D&D. I wonder if this is related to the controversy surrounding D&D's new edition.

Yeah, some folks managed to find a way to use the OGL to legally reprint 1st Edition AD&D rules, and other fans are following suit with their Editions of choice. It's nice to see folks spending more time focusing on the Editions they love rather than the ones that they hate. I'm quite certain that this will choke out the fires of the Edition Wars, now that there's an in-print version of every D&D corebook for people to play and build off of.

Libertad! fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jul 23, 2014

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

FMguru posted:

I do wish he'd shut up about how all the PBP games should have their own forum, and that it should a subforum of the main trad gaming discussion forum. Dude just has to accept that it'll never happen. No way, no how.

gently caress, we just don't need it. Give discussion a tag and that'll be plenty.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
There are some gaming nerds with terrible opinions online, but I can't imagine a thread collecting them would run more than two or three pages - if that.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Winson_Paine posted:

Worst case scenario someone runs off with all the crowdfunding money leaving the project unfinished.

Before we did the time warp someone mentioned working on a Noir PbtA game. I would be interested in helping with this. Shoot me a PM so we don't alter the timestream.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

FMguru posted:

There are some gaming nerds with terrible opinions online, but I can't imagine a thread collecting them would run more than two or three pages - if that.

And I certainly can't see the far-right wing of the Dungeons & Dragons fandom turning it into their new boogeyman!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I heard bioware, makes of Mass Effect, are making a new, D&D inspired game called Dragon Age. All the previews for it look nice. It comes out next year.

Best bit: they're making a tabletop rpg for it. Anint that cool? To get it out on time, they plan on selling it in chunks like BECMI so the first 5 levels will be available at launch. I don't like it too much -- seems money grubby --,but, hey, it's not like it's going to take them years to finish the game. You know, it's not like it's going to take them from 2008 to 2014 before they release the final set. That'd be silly. That'd be like WotC slightly longer than that to develop a shoddy 3.5 derivative and calling it 5th edition.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I wish it was 2014!

Well, actually I wish it was 2015, then I could have one of those cool Hoverboards from BttF2. :neckbeard:

Covok
May 27, 2013

LongDarkNight posted:

Worst case scenario someone runs off with all the crowdfunding money leaving the project unfinished.

I'm sure services that would offer crowdfunding projects will have a rigorous process to be approved. This ought to weed out the bad eggs and scammers.

Fund My Life!

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I wish it was 2014!

Well, actually I wish it was 2015, then I could have one of those cool Hoverboards from BttF2. :neckbeard:

Ya know, Nike is also releasing the PowerLaces in 2015 as well. Tons of exciting things in the future!

I went ahead and posted the August TGD Contest thread. Here's the link: Top Gun of TGD Contests

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
So how long until everyone switches over to 4e? I think like 90% of the hobby will probably play it again.

Sionak
Dec 20, 2005

Mind flay the gap.
I dunno, right now I'm feeling like running everything in nWoD. I'm sure it will be a good fit for this CoC game I've been working on.

It wasn't, really.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Quarex posted:

Jesus I cannot believe there is anyone else who still instantly thinks this every time he sees the name.

But of course you do, Halloween Jack. You have always been my special forums angel.
Dude, it's cool, it's 2008 and we're friends on OKCupid. But I can't be there for you because I'm about a month away from falling in love with the angriest woman on the planet.

Ewen Cluney
May 8, 2012

Ask me about
Japanese elfgames!
I just spent the last month using every spare moment translating Maid RPG. I am so freaking burned out right now. But it looks like we're going to make it in time for Gen Con.

VoidTek
Jul 30, 2002

HAPPYELF WAS RIGHT
Man, I can't wait to see all the sweet new D&D video games that come out alongside this new edition; it seems really perfect for it!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Halloween Jack posted:

Dude, it's cool, it's 2008 and we're friends on OKCupid. But I can't be there for you because I'm about a month away from falling in love with the angriest woman on the planet.

What

Covok
May 27, 2013

Ewen Cluney posted:

I just spent the last month using every spare moment translating Maid RPG. I am so freaking burned out right now. But it looks like we're going to make it in time for Gen Con.

Did you actually make it in time for Gen Con?

Ewen Cluney
May 8, 2012

Ask me about
Japanese elfgames!
Let's see, my friend wants me to pick up the Forgotten Realms 4E book. I'm really curious about that 3:16 Carnage Among the Stars game too.

Covok posted:

Did you actually make it in time for Gen Con?
Yes, but hooo boy was that first printing rough. Still, it sold out by the third day.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Halloween Jack posted:

That is fine, I have not yet learned you live sort of near me right before moving, nor that we managed to independently befriend more than one of the same She-Goons. Because, ultimately, we are two halves of a whole, and I am the fat half.

I am sorry you are jealous of our love, Captain Foo.

Also still sad about the news, RIP Gary Gygax :(

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Quarex posted:

What? Nooooooooooo...

Darth Various
Oct 23, 2010

Quarex posted:

Yeah, that's a bummer. At least Dave Arneson is still around.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

Covok posted:

Well, we've reached another June, goons.

Bush is on his way out, gas prices have never been higher, and 4th edition has just launched.

After a half decade of 3e, we're seeing something new out of D&D. I know some people feel like arguing about martial healing, the death of multiclassing, and anime art, but keep all the edition warring to YCS.
Having skipped 3e and 3.5e entirely, I'm really looking forward to a new, modern D&D that retains what I liked about 2e, but slipstreams things for low-drag gameplay at all levels, especially character creation and combat, which honestly could be kind of a chore in 2e.

• Locked thread