Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

yeah, i think everyone is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Yeah, its happening to a bunch of us in goonfleet.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Away all Goats posted:

During the Dr. Terror invasion (preferably the second one; the one with a larger map since you are using Tank/medic) boost your resource rewards (and gunboat energy statues if necessary) and just clear out as many bases(including Dr. Terror and player bases) while trying not to lose any tanks or medics.

The idea is to store your resources in your map, not at your base where it can get raided and stolen. Trying to store resources at your base for a big upgrade is pretty much always a bad idea.

I just did this and got enough resources to upgrade my HQ to 16 AND upgrade my tanks to 6 with minimal diamond usage despite being raided twice between terror days, so thanks for the advice!

Letting my VPs drop by not clearing player bases as they raided and then re-rolling the higher-level ones also worked a treat. :)

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Is anyone having an issue where when using mobile data boom beach doesn't save changes nor allow you to scout/attack bases? The phone I use has always worked for it, and when I switch to wifi when I'm at home it works perfectly, but even when I have a full signal logging in to boom beach shows me an accurate depiction of my base and I can queue up a new building or whatever, but after I log out and log back in it's as if I'd never selected the building nor collected any resources from buildings/boats and attempting to access an enemy base causes it to hang. Logging in with the same device ten minutes later on wifi and there's no problems.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer

Breetai posted:

Is anyone else experiencing a weird bug where the number of alerts near the map icon thing doesn't clear off once you've actually cleared captured villages, viewed battles etc?

I log in, it tells me I have 10 alerts, I navigate to the map and click the alerts button and only two of them are new, lather, rinse, repeat with a slightly higher number next time.

I think they changed it so that it counts another player scouting your base as an alert. In the activity log you'll see a little gray bar with an eye symbol on it. Those pop up every day to tell you how many times you were scouted in the previous 24 hrs.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I am making NO progress at 16. Please send gems.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Snacksmaniac posted:

I am making NO progress at 16. Please send gems.

16 appears to be a stumbling block for a lot of people. i think there is a reason why there are 4 levels between 16 and 17. How many victory points do you have?

The way i see it, I'm never going to afford the next sculptor without significantly improvin my defences so I'm not raided twice a day. I'm no longer attacking player bases just so my vp will go down and I'll no longer be matched with raiders 12 levels above me (I'm on 295 right now)

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

I say it every time this comes up but dropping VP means shittier raid targets. It's not clash. Focus on GBE, th, TD, and RR statues, at least one each mp wise, with extra slots going to extra RR or GBE to farm faster.

I will admit two things:

1) I already maxed my HQ and I was hq18 or 19 pre loot nerf
2) both pre and post nerf, all my big ticket upgrades came from boosting my statues and tmed clearing my map in a binge session to avoid getting looted

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Followed your advice, am now proud owner of a sculptor upgrade in progress.

What's generally accepted as the better blue statue upgrade, offence or defence? Im thinking with defence you're forcing your opponents to waste a bit more gbe, and rockets aside youre going to do more damage from maybe getting one more shot in from any one tower than for a 25% damage upgrade when you consider how fast they go down, but would appreciate advice as ive got nothing but bue gems at the moment.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

i think building hp matters more, because damage doesn't matter if they're shocked and not able to fire, whereas if they have extra HP they may last through the shock to shoot again.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Breetai posted:

16 appears to be a stumbling block for a lot of people. i think there is a reason why there are 4 levels between 16 and 17. How many victory points do you have?

I'm at 255. I guess I should just slowly upgrade defenses for a while.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Supercell owns my soul once more I am back in this poo poo looking to task force. Sent Boat pirates a request, don't leave me hanging you goobers

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
so here's a base

http://imgur.com/0KCy4A3

what would goons do here

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

so here's a base

http://imgur.com/0KCy4A3

what would goons do here

Under my current capabilities at base HQ16? 5*2xtanks + 2*3xMedics, Barrage and artillery the shock launcher and the boom cannon near it, land everything in rightmost corner, run them up the right hand side of the base to build more energy for barrage/art of topmost boom cannon and stun of the paired cannons in the middle, see if there's a 'pocket' of safe zone in the top right where you can hit the HQ and leftmost boom can't hit you.

E: also share your attempt with task force, I'd like to see it.

Breetai fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Mar 5, 2016

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!
I would kill the lower right boom cannon with barrage/arty as well as the shock launcher then land my tank/med or grenadier/med on the left side and run them up the left.

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

Is this game still alive? I recently reinstalled and started progressing again but I'm at the point where you need stone to progress but can only win small amounts from the AI/other players, and its a massive pain in the rear end.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Yeah it's still alive. I dunno about any of the other ones, but Goonfleet is still around.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

I'm generally too lazy to actively attack other bases, so I focus mainly on passive income. I keep my medal count low (im at around 275 medals at HQ20), and have almost 50% in building hp statues. I think the combination of these two makes me a poison pill to other players - my home base has not been successfully raided in months (rarely attacked) and my resource bases are pretty secure.

My biggest problem is I cant really capture those level 60+ resource bases. I can field 18 max level tanks and 8 max level medics but theres usually just way too many boom cannons.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Lakedaimon posted:

(im at around 275 medals at HQ20),
:eyepop:

Also I hate the new daily rewards system. They made them more effort to get and reduced the rewards :argh:

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

Yeah I just do Dr. T, the attacking boat one, and ops, because getting raided by other people was actually losing me more resources than I was gaining from raids. I still get raided every now and then, but most of the time it's a failure.

I wish the crab event would come back. I liked how many resources i got from that!

mikemelbrooks
Jun 11, 2012

One tough badass

Lakedaimon posted:

I'm generally too lazy to actively attack other bases, so I focus mainly on passive income. I keep my medal count low (im at around 275 medals at HQ20), and have almost 50% in building hp statues. I think the combination of these two makes me a poison pill to other players - my home base has not been successfully raided in months (rarely attacked) and my resource bases are pretty secure.

My biggest problem is I cant really capture those level 60+ resource bases. I can field 18 max level tanks and 8 max level medics but theres usually just way too many boom cannons.

What, HQ 21 and just over 600 medals here, you are saying you have almost 50% in building health statues and complaining you struggling to clear bases, The answer is right there get rid of some of your defence statues and get some more offensive ones. I am finishing of upgrades because I have too much resources just maxed out my gold storage again.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
MEGA CRAB SIGHTED OFF COAST OF AUSTRALIA

E.T.A. 2 DAYS, 8 HOURS

HOLD ON TO YOUR BUTTS AND UPGRADE THE PISS OUT OF YOUR STORAGES

khy
Aug 15, 2005

crabrock posted:

I wish the crab event would come back. I liked how many resources i got from that!

Oh boy do I have good news for you then

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

I saw that Goonfleet was at 49/50 spots, so I requested to join as zonohedral :j:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Does anyone else think that since the change to daily rewards has actually given a clear impetus to increase your medal count, matchmaking has suddenly gotten a whole lot better?

I've jumped from 280-359 medals in about a fortnight, but my matchmaking with player bases seems to be a lot fairer, and I'm getting people at max about 3 levels higher than my level rather than 8-10 levels higher.

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

yeah i started getting paired with a lot lower levels, so i actually went out and raided a bit, and it hasn't gotten too bad (i got raided once :( )

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!
Yeah, i agree with the matchmaking being better. I'm a lvl 49 with ~465 medals and I'm finally seeing player bases less than lvl 54. Its made the game more fun because I hit a period of doldrums where all the blackguard bases were lvl 59-60 and player bases were 54+. Made raiding a lot harder and I was making very little headway.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

So anyone play around with the new cryo troop yet? What other troops do they work best with?

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

They keep adding stuff but somehow it keeps being boring. Impressive in a way

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Just started playing again. Currently HQ10. What's the best troop mix at this level? Also I've noticed that supper compact bases seem to be a thing now. How do effectively attack those?

Nermal.
Mar 16, 2003

Hello!

Away all Goats posted:

So anyone play around with the new cryo troop yet? What other troops do they work best with?

The new Cryo troop is absolutely useless. They stand in front of Heavies, and basically want to die.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
3/7 landing craft upgraded to 21 capacity with the rest at 20, so close.

Give me FIRE. :supaburn:

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Everyone has mega crabs right now FYI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dingle
Sep 3, 2003
Far car
We've just made some space in 2legit2lift if anyone still plays this and wants in.

2legit2lift
#RL929LO

• Locked thread