Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Monday must have been a repeat, the season started last Tuesday and ep 2 is tonight

No monday thing was me being dumb and not checking my bookmarks for a week. I didn't think this was getting bumped because the new season started. So my DVR wasn't set and Syfy isn't airing a rerun before like normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Yeah, the two parter screwed me up because the episode title didn't make that clear. I would have just sorted and watched part 1 before live watching part 2.

I like the format. They don't all need to be team challenges because the more important thing is that one player in your pool doesn't lose. So individual challenges will be harder on the veterans because the have to hop among all of their group and make sure every single one is on the right track. I wonder if they might do interesting stuff like mixed group challenges. Could be interesting to see veterans providing conflicting advice to a team and have them work out Erich to follow.

I also suspect will get higher quality results because they'll not need several episodes for the newbies to realize the high bar they need to reach. I think the veterans have already steered several away from cliffs.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Having Mr. Westmore come in seems redundant. Why even have the mentors if he is going to undercut them 10 minutes later? Seeing the mentors stand around awkwardly as he goes over everything was just weird.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Is there going to be a new thread or at least a title change op edit?

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Teek posted:

Having Mr. Westmore come in seems redundant. Why even have the mentors if he is going to undercut them 10 minutes later? Seeing the mentors stand around awkwardly as he goes over everything was just weird.

I liked it because he seemed more vicious than usual, though it's possible I misinterpreted his advice. I hope to be his age someday and berate young people.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
And Neville knows primates.

I just noticed that glenn brushed his hair!

Bored fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 21, 2015

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

KungFu Grip posted:

Is there going to be a new thread or at least a title change op edit?

It would be really great if we could get a new thread.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Did anyone else think the queen monkey just looked like a super old Rita Repulsa? I thought the mandrill makeup looked the best. I just knew the guy with my name would be the first one eliminated.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ariza posted:

I know 99% of people don't give a poo poo at all, but I really wish they'd leave the primates out of this because I know there's going to be some people using the wrong words next episode. Lemurs aren't simians. :(

I laughed out loud when McKenzie called them all monkeys several times in the first few seconds of the episode. :v:

Factor Mystic posted:

It would be really great if we could get a new thread.

I nominate you as the new thread OP, get to it!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

What should be in a new thread seeing as we kind of forgot? Should it maybe be a thread about Face Off in general if the turn out in the thread is as low as this one?

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

I'll put something together this evening EST or someone else can beat me to it, if they want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Factor Mystic posted:

I'll put something together this evening EST or someone else can beat me to it, if they want.

New thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3696244

• Locked thread